Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Hey all,

    I think it's time we have a thread recording any broken or off effects in Radiator Springs Racers. I have seen reports about broken AAs, out of sync audio, and broken special effects.

    The most common report right now is that the tractors aren't tipping. I leave for my trip in two weeks and if they don't tip I'll be very upset.

    Any updates?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    170

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    You'll be "very upset" by tractors not tipping over?
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

  3. #3

    • Capt without a ship...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    110

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Yeah, we have an upcoming trip and I didnt mind not being there in the early opening days - but if stuff isnt working when we go, that'll just not be right...

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hey all,

    I think it's time we have a thread recording any broken or off effects in Radiator Springs Racers.

    Why?

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    104

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    You'll be "very upset" by tractors not tipping over?

    Exactly what I was thinking.

  6. #6

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Sounds like you just might be disappointed.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  7. #7

    • Disneyland Original '55
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    169

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    When I went last week the Sheriff wasn't working, neither was the Tractor Tipping, and McQueen and Sally didn't Work.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Smoke Tree Ranch, Palm Springs
    Posts
    370

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Did they get rid of the Mist of water you go thru at the end of the ride due to electrical problems? Or is it just not working?

  9. #9

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I have seen reports about broken AAs, out of sync audio, and broken special effects.

    The most common report right now is that the tractors aren't tipping. I leave for my trip in two weeks and if they don't tip I'll be very upset.
    In the multiple times I have been on this attraction I have seen: The Sheriff not working, Mater (both AA's in the first scene he's in) not working, the tractors not tipping, and Lighting McQueen's mouth be out of sync at the end of the ride. I'm sure with my experiences combined with everyone else here on MiceChat, we've seen the whole ride down.

    The bottom line here is the attraction is still essentially brand new. Things are going to malfunction. Now, things are going to malfunction anyway but on this ride it's going to be worse for quite some time.

    My best advice to you, OP, is to not have your hopes set super high. Expect there to be problems and not only will you not be very upset, but if everything is working - you'll be stoked! And remember.. the attraction will be around for a very long time. This won't be the last time you ride it.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    258

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did they get rid of the Mist of water you go thru at the end of the ride due to electrical problems? Or is it just not working?
    I had a feeling that wouldn't last...

    My buddy went on it twice last week and the tractors weren't tipping. Could it be timing problems because cars are going by so quickly (similar to why, until recently, the doors wouldn't change on Indy when they were running at full capacity)?

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    You'll be "very upset" by tractors not tipping over?
    Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Wow, thanks for those amazing updates! You guys are AWESOME!

    Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Why?
    Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Sounds like you just might be disappointed.
    Maybe I chose the wrong words... Sheesh!

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did they get rid of the Mist of water you go thru at the end of the ride due to electrical problems? Or is it just not working?
    They did. It was dirtying the windshields which were already not the most ideal due to the eye decals.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    In the multiple times I have been on this attraction I have seen: The Sheriff not working, Mater (both AA's in the first scene he's in) not working, the tractors not tipping, and Lighting McQueen's mouth be out of sync at the end of the ride. I'm sure with my experiences combined with everyone else here on MiceChat, we've seen the whole ride down.

    The bottom line here is the attraction is still essentially brand new. Things are going to malfunction. Now, things are going to malfunction anyway but on this ride it's going to be worse for quite some time.

    My best advice to you, OP, is to not have your hopes set super high. Expect there to be problems and not only will you not be very upset, but if everything is working - you'll be stoked! And remember.. the attraction will be around for a very long time. This won't be the last time you ride it.
    Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, we have never ever traveled to Cali so this is our first time visiting DLR. I haven't the slightest clue as to when we'll be back out there. I really want everything to be in tip-top shape.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,463

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    I think your worry is valid. I don't know how some of you guys can be so uncaring about the tractors. That was one of my favorite parts about the whole dark ride section. My friends and I burst out laughing when they fell over the first time we rode it.

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    10 minutes from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Wow, thanks for those amazing updates! You guys are AWESOME!


    Why not?


    Maybe I chose the wrong words... Sheesh!


    They did. It was dirtying the windshields which were already not the most ideal due to the eye decals.


    Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, we have never ever traveled to Cali so this is our first time visiting DLR. I haven't the slightest clue as to when we'll be back out there. I really want everything to be in tip-top shape.

    So if everything not in Tip Top shape your going to cancel your vacation? Sorry i see no point in this thread but to complain and to make negative energy. If the things weren't working do you think disney is going to listen to an online fan board to fix its problems. The thread is pointless from he on out as you already know the broken effects.

    The only broken effect I've witnessed (last time I rode was this past sunday morning before church) was Lightnings mouth out of sink and the tractors weren't tipping (which didn't ruing my experience as the tractor tipping is a toal of 8 seconds). I have not witnessed any "broken" animatronics in the times I have ridden it 7 times since June 21st.

  14. #14

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did they get rid of the Mist of water you go thru at the end of the ride due to electrical problems? Or is it just not working?
    I remember seeing a bunch of ride photos ruined by the mist obscuring the riders when the photo is taken. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to lose out on those sales.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    118

    Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

    Actually just last night my boyfriend and I were discussing how the tractor's didn't tip - but we didn't know that they were supposed to. We presumed they were designed not to tip, due to timing of the cars coming through or something. Knowing now I sure wish they did tip, but it didn't ruin the ride for us at all. We loved it!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Would you watch a Radiator Spring Racers Leaked Ride Video?
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
  2. [News] First Look at Radiator Springs Racers Vehicles
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:34 AM
  4. Radiator Springs Racers Description
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New E-Ticket: Radiator Springs Racers
    By CPTNMatt in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •