• Pilot EdForceOne

How soon do you think before Disneyland gets Free Wifi now that Magic Kingdom has it?

Magic Kingdom is now rolling out free WiFi service in the park. In addition, Disney has announced new plans for it's softphone apps (which do include Disneyland eventually). http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/...d-and-android/

So how long do you think before Disneyland gets the upgrade as well?

Pray for some of those NextGen dollars to roll this way
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: How soon do you think before Disneyland gets Free Wifi now that Magic Kingdom has

I'd hope by next summer....Carsland has been big enough of a hit to get them to focus on us... for something like this

Re: How soon do you think before Disneyland gets Free Wifi now that Magic Kingdom has

that would be awesome!

• Master of Disaster

Hopefully it will include ACTUAL wait times instead of the generic... Very Long wait, Very short wait type description... to me very short for say radiator springs would be under 45 minutes... but that is what I would consider Very long for say the tea cups. descriptions are too generic!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    Hopefully it will include ACTUAL wait times instead of the generic... Very Long wait, Very short wait type description... to me very short for say radiator springs would be under 45 minutes... but that is what I would consider Very long for say the tea cups. descriptions are too generic!
    That's for when you aren't in the parks. If the app thinks you are in the parks (via GPS) it will give you actual wait times.

I too hope future versions remove this restriction.. but I'm not hopeful.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Magic Kingdom is now rolling out free WiFi service in the park. In addition, Disney has announced new plans for it's softphone apps (which do include Disneyland eventually). ‘My Disney Experience’ app to replace ‘Mobile Magic’ as Disney parks’ official app - Orlando Attractions Magazine

So how long do you think before Disneyland gets the upgrade as well?

Pray for some of those NextGen dollars to roll this way
    The Magic Kingdom is somewhat removed from hotels, and a long distance from the non-Disney areas of Orlando. Hence, free Wi-Fi works well as you don't have a lot of freeloaders, and everybody accessing it is a paying guest. Sort of like how hotels offer "free" Wi-Fi for their guests. If Disney setup a public Wi-Fi at Disneyland, there could be issues with folks around the property accessing it, and it slowing down and stuff.

• Minion

I really don't see the point of having a new app. Maybe the upcoming features are going to be show-stoppers, but I really just want the wait times from the official source. I don't need to make reservations from the app (is that feature used? convenient, even?) or check out the weather. I'm already at the park...I think I can figure that out from there.

• Disneyland Original '55

That's for when you aren't in the parks. If the app thinks you are in the parks (via GPS) it will give you actual wait times.

I too hope future versions remove this restriction.. but I'm not hopeful.
    Sometimes they give you actual times and then randomly they will switch and you have short, medium and long while in the park.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I really don't see the point of having a new app. Maybe the upcoming features are going to be show-stoppers, but I really just want the wait times from the official source. I don't need to make reservations from the app (is that feature used? convenient, even?) or check out the weather. I'm already at the park...I think I can figure that out from there.
    Imagine having the show schedule.. or seeing they added a 3rd showing of F! for the evening.. etc

Reservations isn't a big deal to you because you are a DL-type. In WDW that's a much bigger deal.

Am I evil? yes, I am

As great as it sounds, I can already imagine how slow it's going to be.

Maybe they should just charge a one day fee of like $5. Similar to what they do on airlines such as southwest. That will probably keep number of people on the wifi down, and they can get paid even more. Mickey's gotta eat anyway.....

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Well wait and see if the "free" internet is that bad...because I'd rather pay nothing then 5 bucks a trip

• Minion

Imagine having the show schedule.. or seeing they added a 3rd showing of F! for the evening.. etc

Reservations isn't a big deal to you because you are a DL-type. In WDW that's a much bigger deal.
    Show schedules are awesome. The current app gives the next show time, but yeah, that is something that I neglected to mention that is very important. I've never understood why the current app doesn't have all the times.

But if you're making a reservation the day of, a few hours before, do you get your slot? In its current form, you have a complete drop-down list of times to request and if you don't magically choose the right one, you've got to keep checking each time slot. It'd be much easier to just call the reservation hotline and make one that way.

• Under that tree again!

When more Next Generation type stuff comes out, WiFi will become more important. When tickets and FPs are kept on phones, free WiFi will help guests use the these new systems. This will probably roll out fully in WDW before DLR gets a hint of it.

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Wifi in the parks would be so nice! With the infrastructure they would have to implement, it is possible to place the access points and configure them in a way where only people in the immediate general area would have access to it. Lets hope!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com