Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Golden Horseshoe, Will the Billy's return? [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Two questions, does the "Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree" serve food and/or drinks? It's not the same place as the Big Thunder Ranch Barbeque is it?

Also how as attendance been at this new location?
    The Bar-B-Que is next door to the Jamboree. Not much in the way of food at the Jamboree - I've seen hots dogs, and cotton candy.

The latest I've heard (and it keeps changing so we must be fluid here) is that the Billys will be at Jamboree 7 days a week through the end of the year (this came from a Billy who realized he was probably talking out of turn and said maybe he shouldn't have said anything LOL). The Laughing Stock will be 7 days a week inside GH until the end of the year. I really don't know what they were thinking when they did this but it certainly isn't working the way they thought it would. They make announcements on Main Street telling people where the Billys are. Even at the end of the Laughing Stock show the "mayor" tells people to "now go see our friends the Billys up at Big Thunder Jamboree". It is never crowded in the GH anymore and there is a lower crowd at the counter ordering food (though I've been told by someone in Laughing Stock who shall remain nameless that food sales are exactly the same as when the Billys were in there. Somehow I find this hard to believe from my observations). The crowds are less up at Big Thunder Jamboree because the area is too far for some people to walk to, way too big and it is less intimate than the GH. I do enjoy the characters up there especially the Country Bears and Chip N Dale. They are really into having fun with the audience and there is good by play between them and the Billys.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Billys not showing on the calendar in September. This kind of thing happens all the time.

---------- Post added 08-28-2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    If you go to the page for the GH it now says the Billies are there!

Golden Horseshoe | Dining and Restaurants | Disneyland Park
    This is an old page that they never updated with the new information. It's been this way all Summer. Sorry to disappoint you.

• I must say!

Thanks Wendygirl. If they have hot dogs at the jamboree, that might work out just fine for my purposes. (See my earlier post a few messages ago.)

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Great. But I do have to warn you that they are constantly changing things around up there. They had them there a couple of weeks ago but you never know. Have a back up plan just in case

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I agree with this 100%! However, will Disney bring back the golden horseshoe revue? Not likely. I like the Billy's in the horseshoe because it is a more intimate setting. If they had them at a smaller location like somewhere by Rancho De Zocala, it would be ideal, but I'd rather have them in the horseshoe than BTRJ where they seem like they have to beg people to come watch them.
    Oh, I don't mean keep them up at BTRJ, but rather- on the boardwalk of Frontierland, or REALLY return them to the their roots and put them back in Critter Country.

• Seeker of Fun

Disney: Move. Them. Back. Now. Please.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123