Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

As much as I don't like Tomorrowland being littered with franchise-based attractions, TRON is one thing that I'd love to see there in some form.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Depends...on how they do the ride....if it's just another RIDE the movie then no thanks if its an original ride based in the Grid sure I'd love to see it

The concept is good so no reason to use any other characters besides Tron, Bit and maybe Qurra but no reason to just retell a story

• -

I would be happy if they just brought back a version of the Peoplemover with an updated version of the TRON Superspeed Tunnel. That was my favorite part of the ride as a kid.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I could take or leave a ride, but converting the Starcade into FLYNN'S Arcade would make me the happiest TRON fan in the world.

• Banned User

I'd much rather see Tron than anything Marvel. Wall E should come to Tomorrowland as well.

• Blew By You

Let's get WDI to become a creative operation instead of a ride from movie machine. There has to be some original ideas in that building.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I remember when Tron was part of the peole mover, it was amazing. It kind of reminded me of a high tech version of The Panaramo at the end of the trains. I agree it fits well in the Land of Tommorow! That said I would be open to a Wall-E based attration as much as I would prefer not to have another Pixar themed attration. I would in the end prefer a new attration educationally based on a trip into the future, which could also be fun and interesting too. To me I would be Ok with something being a B or C grade attraction. Sorry, if it is well done, I don't need it to be an E grade ride!

---------- Post added 08-02-2012 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Let's get WDI to become a creative operation instead of a ride from movie machine. There has to be some original ideas in that building.
    This would be ideal! I love Pixar but too much of a good thing.
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 08-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Dave

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTea View Post
    I could take or leave a ride, but converting the Starcade into FLYNN'S Arcade would make me the happiest TRON fan in the world.
    This x 10000000

• Banned User

There's nothing "unoriginal" about something based on a film. Disney is a film studio. Films are what bring a majority of people to the park.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    There's nothing "unoriginal" about something based on a film. Disney is a film studio. Films are what bring a majority of people to the park.
    Pretty much.

Plus Tron and the whole idea behind the movies is just so amazing that they could do so much with a ride, or a whole area.

ElecTRONica was fun as heck and that was just a small party zone. But the whole theme of that area in DCA attracted a lot of people as was pretty popular. Just imagine a ride..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I mentioned something similar a few days ago. innoventions would be the cue and the game grid for the light cycle and you would bust out of the game grid onto a new people mover trade made for a high speed light cycle ride.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.
    what is your source for this?

•   

The majority of responses here seem to favor a Tron attraction. The few voices who dissent aren't budging the majority on this one. Making a Tron ride would be somewhat easier than imagined. Use the People Mover track but unlike what was needed ( and never done ) for Rocket Rods, do NOT alter the track. Leave the track alone and just invent new cars that travel on that track. The cars could be a 4-seat mobile movie theater with motion. Theme the cars like a Tron vehicle, close the canopy, recline the seats back to a 45-degree angle and play the "chase" movie on the screen which is the ceiling of the ride vehicle. As the car moved slowly down the track in reality, inside the movie the car is hurtling at crazy speeds. Each turn in the movie is reacted in reality by having the car shake side to side. The length of the PeopleMover track should be long enough to play a Star-Tours style movie inside the world of Tron. Throw in varying in-ride events and you've got a decent ride.

Also, +1 for the idea of Flynn's Arcade.

• Doombuggy Rider

Anything TRON & TRON LEGACY related in Tomorrowland (Disneyland) would be an improvement ... look how popular elecTRONica was ? Why, oh why, did TDA replace it with a Mad Tea Party? (ALICE isn't even in theatres anymore & there's nothing ALICE related to promote) is beyond me ....

TRON LEGACY wasn't a PIRATES movie (as far as box office profits go), but it sure made more money (& cost less to film & promote) then JOHN CARTER ...

C J

Name:  tron-legacy-concept-art_10-1024x5521-500x269.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  29.3 KB

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    As much as I don't like Tomorrowland being littered with franchise-based attractions, TRON is one thing that I'd love to see there in some form.
    Agreed. As much as I want to see more fresh and original stories in Tomorrowland, I would be ecstatic for a TRON-based ride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast