Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

It fits the theme perfectly. Whats more future than a whole livable world in a computer? Plus the graphics are awesome and they could really create something amazing.

• Minion

Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.

yeah i was hopping for a tron ride. but it seems disney migt go the marvel route. i personally want a wall-e attraction

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.
    ANy chance it would make it back to the states if successful in Shanghai?

• Insomniac

There's always a chance, but I think it will depend on TR3N's success.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    It was looked at but not done because they didnt hsve the technology back in the day to do it right. They now do and could go above and beyond to do it right. I believe they have put it back on the table. It most certainly is a possibility.

• Insomniac

^^Ummm... When he says they looked at it, he means they looked at it very very recently. They had the technology, they had the concepts (supposedly), but the movie did not meet expectations and so it was cut.

TR3N dosen't even have a script. its going to be a while till a movie happens

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    ANy chance it would make it back to the states if successful in Shanghai?
    It's possible, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by bheuett View Post
    It was looked at but not done because they didnt hsve the technology back in the day to do it right. They now do and could go above and beyond to do it right. I believe they have put it back on the table. It most certainly is a possibility.
    A Tron Legacy attraction for Disneyland was being looked at just a few years ago. Tron is going to Shanghai but its no longer on the table for Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    They had the technology, they had the concepts (supposedly), but the movie did not meet expectations and so it was cut.
    More than just concepts. There was a model built and mock ups of scenes, effects, and ride vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    TR3N dosen't even have a script. its going to be a while till a movie happens
    It's in the process of being written..It's pretty much confirmed. They are just waiting for Uprising to finish and the producer to finish his other project.

• Big Hockey Fan

After watching a video of Rocket Rods, it occured to me that Disneyland is in depserate need of some sort of fast moving ride around tomorrowland

• -

Since when does 2010 count as "back in the day"? Have we really advanced that much in technology since TRON Legacy has come out?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Since when does 2010 count as "back in the day"? Have we really advanced that much in technology since TRON Legacy has come out?
    I think he/she was thinking of a TRON ride developed in the 1980's? Idk they did have the Tron Superspeed tunnel so maybe that's what made them think it was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think he/she was thinking of a TRON ride developed in the 1980's? Idk they did have the Tron Superspeed tunnel so maybe that's what made them think it was back in the day.
    Yes i was talking about the 1980s superspeed tunnel. If im correct, the 80's is around 30 yrs ago. so yes, back in the day.

• -

Yes i was talking about the 1980s superspeed tunnel. If im correct, the 80's is around 30 yrs ago. so yes, back in the day.
    That makes sense then. However the quote that you put in your post referred directly to a TRON Legacy ride, so I figured that was what you were referring to.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast