Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

re: What do you think of the new Matterhorn Bobsleds? (Merged)

Love em and Im 6'2.

• Closed Account

It was supposed to be a bobsled...It's not any more. The tandem seating was a teen-age boy's dream come true...

Love it. For the first time, I can sit in the front (nobody ever let me sit front in tandem). Also, the single rider line is awesome. There was an over an hour wait, and I got to ride both sides of the mountain in under 15 minutes.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway1981 View Post
    The Matterhorn is my favorite ride and I usually ride it 5-10 times when we vacation to the parks. We were in the parks last week and I took full advantage of the single rider line. I probably got around 10 rides in. After reading all the horror stories of the new bobsleds I was looking forward to trying them out and giving my own opinion. I'm 6'3", 215lbs and found that seats 1 & 4 were actually the most comfortable. When riding in the other seats, I had to put my feet up on the hump behind the others seats, with my knees in my chin basically. I tried using the cubby holes but they twisted my ankle at an odd angle. The track isn't rougher, its the lack of padding offered now that really roughs up the ride. Portions of the Tomorrowland side are horrendous. I found the best solution is to hold the bars in front and lean forward so your back isn't on the back rest. Even this way, you still have to watch the track and brace for turns and dips. Overall, I prefer the older sleds, but the single rider line and the way the mountain looks inside and out are great. I just don't see myself being able to handle that ride in my later years . Oh and the lighting effects on the second two Harolds are awesome. He is in the dark until your sled approaches, and then the lights come on to reveal him. Much more of a surprise than before!
    Wow it's as if I had already responded! This is exactly what I was going to put! (I'm even 6'3" 215 aswell!) I think I might have an evil twin... Or am I the evil twin? Although for me the single rider line makes the new sleds worth the lack of padding. My sister and I rode it 9 times in 2 hours with a stop in between to watch Soundsational and eat a pretzel! It was fantastic! Honestly though, its the same ride it was before. It's just as bumpy, justs as uncomfortable, just as jerky, and just as fun! If you think you need more padding, my advice would be to bring a cushion to sit on.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Johnny and Me!

Rode single all the time in the previous design. Loved it!!! It was rough, it was fast, it was fun to go along for the ride!

Now - Have to say I don't love it.

Awkward seats - like sitting on the floor, feeling as if your feet are trapped, which in turn twists the ___ out of your knees and hips! OUCH!!! I am small, and it is very difficult to hold myself up off the back of the seat.
    It is a completely different experience - and not in a good way...
    It is just - BAD!!!!

I like the new sleds. I'm 6', 250 and my big 13eeeee shoes just barley fit in the cubby holes. They are tricky getting in and out, but other then that, I think they are the same bumpyness as before. And single rider line rules!!!
    Name:  20120728_132304.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  35.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Wow it's as if I had already responded! This is exactly what I was going to put! (I'm even 6'3" 215 aswell!) I think I might have an evil twin... Or am I the evil twin? Although for me the single rider line makes the new sleds worth the lack of padding. My sister and I rode it 9 times in 2 hours with a stop in between to watch Soundsational and eat a pretzel! It was fantastic! Honestly though, its the same ride it was before. It's just as bumpy, justs as uncomfortable, just as jerky, and just as fun! If you think you need more padding, my advice would be to bring a cushion to sit on.
    Haha!! Its nice to meet you, Micechat twin!! I agree with you that the single rider line makes up for the new sleds. At times, the wait was less than 30 seconds. As we made our way through the park, everytime we would walk by the Matterhorn, I'd get a quick ride in. It was great!!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I like the new sleds. I'm 6', 250 and my big 13eeeee shoes just barley fit in the cubby holes. They are tricky getting in and out, but other then that, I think they are the same bumpyness as before. And single rider line rules!!!
    Name:  20120728_132304.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  35.0 KB
    I was looking at the bobsled behind you. For a second it looked like a rocket to me. Hopefully there will be more pictures. So far it does look a little cramp. Just looking at where that man's knees are, also behind you. I'm interesting in knowing how "smooth" it is (for the ones that said that). I remember the fun of this ride. But I also remember the hurt bottom you get afterwards.

New Matterhorn Bobsleds: yay or nay?

Am I the only one who finds the new bobsleds to be insanely uncomfortable? To the point where I no longer enjoy the ride? I thought maybe it was because the Tomorrowland side can be a little bumpier, but nope, I felt the same way about Fantasyland too. Sure, they look prettier, but at what cost? AT WHAT COST?
    Last edited by chloealpert; 08-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    "I know; my boyfriend is a Jungle Cruise skipper...."

• Minion

Re: New Matterhorn Bobsleds: yay or nay?

I enjoyed it, it felt much faster and more out of control which made it a bit more scary I'm only 5'6 so it was fine.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Minion

yay, even though the ride feels rougher, I still enjoy it very much

• Insomniac

Yay... I felt no difference in bumpiness but single rider makes it totally worth it for me.

Maybe I need to just bring a seat pillow with me from now on......
    I did like that it felt faster though and single rider makes it a lot easier.
    "I know; my boyfriend is a Jungle Cruise skipper...."

yay! for some reason, i fit fine in the bobsled and don't end up getting bruised like everyone says. plus i've gone on it like 50 times since it reopened with a single rider line

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by chloealpert View Post
    Maybe I need to just bring a seat pillow with me from now on......
    I did like that it felt faster though and single rider makes it a lot easier.
    That's what I suggest. If the lack of padding on the seat is what causes discomfort, just bring a seat cushion (like the ones they have for football games). I have a small inflatable one that I could easily inflate while in line... I'm suprised Disney hasn't just added the padding.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast