Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: New Matterhorn Bobsleds: yay or nay?

I do find them less comfortable than the previous version. I kept sliding down in my seat and had to keep pushing myself back up the entire ride. Also, the handlebars are placed in a very inconvenient position. I had to basically stick my elbows completely outside of the vehicle in order to hold on. Getting up out of the seat at the end was rather awkward as well. One of my feet had become stuck in the little foot cubby area and I had to scramble to pull it out and pull myself upwards quickly. I wear a women's 8 regular size shoe and I'm only 5'4"... I'd imagine it'd be even more difficult for a larger person.

• Minion

At 6'3, I find them pretty uncomfortable. It also feels slower to me than it used to be.

Do I find it bumpier? Yes. But I'm not so sure that that has more to do with the seats than the actual track. They feel way less padded to me.

My friends all felt the same way.

That being said though, I've heard people who are taller than me say they were perfectly comfortable (which amazes me), I've heard some people say it's faster, and I've heard some people say it's smoother than it used to be.

I guess it's all about personal opinion.

I've ridden the thing a million times both as a guest and as a former Matterhorn CM, and my first impression was it was a more uncomfortable ride, slower, and bumpier. But again, that was my first time riding it.

I haven't ridden it a second time, so maybe I should give it another try to see.

I do agree with the previous poster though in that it was difficult to get out of the sled and quite awkward sitting down too. My first thought (and comment) to my buddy when we first stepped into the sled was "how am I going to do this?"

I like the paint jobs but besides that dont notice anything different...

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: What do you think of the new Matterhorn Bobsleds? (Merged)

6' 4" , 210 lbs and size 13 shoe still loving , yay. I have always rode it atleast once a week for many years and it feels the same to me , just cleaned up
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Blew By You

I fit in well but old age sort of gets in my way of graceful entrances and exits from the bobsleds. The ride itself feels the same: sort of bumpy, shaky and fun.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    6' 4" , 210 lbs and size 13 shoe still loving , yay. I have always rode it atleast once a week for many years and it feels the same to me , just cleaned up
    Case in point. To that which I made above.

And very interesting.

All those times I rode it as a CM when parents would ask me to ride with their child (when they didn't want them to ride alone)....and it feels totally different to me now.

Goes to show you it's all about different experiences and personal opinions, even among people with similar builds.

Obviously people come in all shapes and sizes. I don't think it's how tall you are, but how long your legs are. 2 people can be the same height, but with differant leg/torso combinations. Do they need a "Maximum Leg Length to ride" sign?

I posted this before, but here's my solution for bumpy rides at the park:
    Available at various locations thru the park for our guests that need extra comfort. Collect all 7 colors and styles!

Name:  disney-seat-cushion.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  11.6 KB

At 6', 200 lbs, I found it very painful. I was in the middle seat in the second car. I couldn't get my feet in the cubby holes so my knees were at ear level and every bump was felt directly in my lower back. I was definitely not interested in a second ride.

I've since been told, and someone else mentioned it here, that I should ask for seats 1 or 4 as there is more leg room. It was lack of padding that really made it painful for me. I wonder if people with more "natural cushion" have a more enjoyable ride.

As a side note, I usually don't mind a rougher ride. I have no problem on Knott's Ghostrider and I know many people that find that ride unbearably painful.

Thanks for the info on how to find the single rider line. I used it a few days ago, and this time sat in the back. I don't know if it has anything to do with being short and having smaller feet, but what I found the most different from the very front is that in the back, my ankle bones kept banging into the sides of where the foot cubbies open. Maybe if my feet filled the space more, that wouldn't happen? I guess I'll have to ride more and kind of experiment with what works and what doesn't, and hopefully find my optimum riding circumstances.

Haven't ridden in the new bobsleds since the re-furb, but the combination of the sleds and track condition made me never want to go on it again. I'm 6' and thin so it made it very very painful. Hopefully when we go later this month I'll get to try the new sleds and find out.

Sadly, I think I have ridden the Matterhorn for the very last time in my life. I went about six weeks ago, and my back and shoulders still have not recovered. I realize I "sign my life away" to Disney when I enter those turnstiles, but I am not kidding that I think I suffered whiplash on the ride. It was unbelievably bumpy, to the point that it truly was painful, and getting out of the car was near impossible. I'm 40+, in great shape, exercise regularly, not even remotely overweight, and I had a very difficult time on the ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Hi MiceChatters,

I wanted to know what do you think of the new Matterhorn Bobsleds? I've been hearing beyond the MiceChat that some people think it's too jerky now.

The Matterhorn is one of my favorite rides at Disneyland. But it's going to be a longtime til I get to ride it again.

I would like to hear about your thoughts though.

Thanks!

-Hayley B.
    I recently rode the new bobsleds. I like how each rider gets their own seat. But I was up in the front and should not have been there. I was almost spilling out of the bobsled. I usually like to sit in the back seat, but one of the girls I was with wanted that seat. I'm 5' 11" and way heavier than she is. It seemed like the ride was slow in some places, maybe due to the car being front heavy? I don't know.

The ride is scarier. The growls of the Yeti were louder which freaked me out. I like the other touches inside that were done. I don't like the railings added. It ruins the scale of the mountain.

They are horrible. I am 6'2 and I have a hard time fitting in those seats. I cannot believe Disney did not test those cars on people that are taller than 5'7.

Im 6'4, 250 (not fat, just a big guy) and I had my first ride on Saturday and the fit wasnt as bad as I was expecting. I cant say I was comfortable, but I wasnt uncomfortable either. As for the ride itself... absolute torture! Not having any padding was the worst decision ever! Getting slammed repeatedly against the sides of the sled, and then crashing to the floor of the sled after any bump, left me sore for the rest of the day. As much as I liked the ride before, I wont go on it again until they change the sleds.

• Banned User

Apparently what they really need is some memory foam seats that contour the shape and dimensions of each individual butt that is placed in them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast