Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What do you think of the new Matterhorn Bobsleds? (Merged)

I didn't like it at all. It felt very confining. I wasnít that fond of the old design but found it better than this version. Iím 5í10Ē 250lbs so maybe thatís part of the problem. Time to lay off the churros L but it was my feet being locked in that bothered me the most.

• Future Imagineer

I am 6'2 205 lbs, and I loved it. Anyone saying that they should have copied WDW Space for padding and style, but saying that the feet holes twist your legs is confused. They're the same thing, basically. I didn't feel my legs/knees twist at all. And the comments of "my knees were at my chin" are quite confusing as well. That's why it hurts so bad to ride-- you aren't riding it properly with your legs in the holes! It hurts just as much as the old sleds. The 'padding' from the old sleds did just as much help as the lack of padding does from the new sleds. Still one of my top 3 rides at DLR
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney

• Doombuggy Rider

Aesthetic improvements to the Matterhorn are fantastic (I call 'em "Hidden Harold" moments because they are dark until you're close enough for a surprise) ...

The Sleds are not an improvement (they lack necessary back, butt, shoulder & thigh padding - & you have no leg room now) ....

I'm hoping enough complaints to TDA will offer Imagineers a chance to redesign the Sleds (make 'em 3 seats vs. 4 to allow more leg room & put some damn padding in please) ....

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

I am only 5'8 but have pretty long legs, I have to say it was honestly more uncomfortable in the new sleds. It almost felt a little slower and more jerky as well. In addition they could use a little more padding. It was a little disapointing, but at least we did single rider and literally walked on the ride We both said if we would have waited the 45 min that was posted we would have been pretty disapointed.

• Laughing Last..

6'2"., 225lbs with mild OA in my hips. Can't sit "spread eagled" in order to get my feet into the "holes". VERY uncomfortable position for me to be able to contort myself into the sleds. Did they do a mock-up with 5 year olds? Ride, to me, is the same in terms of smoothness vs. bumpiness, but difficult to enjoy while in pain.
    Thanks Disney, taken another of my favorites off the "to go on" list.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

I'm 6'1" at 170 and consider myself to be fairly athletic, but found the new sleds to be very uncomfortable/akward. Where's the padding, where's the actual seat? Who ever designed these should be fired or flogged.

I agree with many on here that I will not line up for this ride nearly as often as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    Why oh why didn't they just copy this design? Look at all of that delightful padding.

Attachment 22776
    Unfortunately, because a lot of people probably wouldn't fit in those and I can see the seats having tears in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Agreed.

I,ve been riding the bobsleds for 40 years, the ride has great setimental value for me. Simply put these new cars have ruined the ride. The seats are horibile.

• Former Cast Member

What were they thinking of when they built these new sleds, they are absolutely horrible. The leg space is atrocious, which makes the attraction no longer enjoyable for me to ride. Imagineering needs to make a change or if they cannot, lower the admission price into the park. This type of experience is not worth the cost for consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by erndog View Post
    I,ve been riding the bobsleds for 40 years, the ride has great setimental value for me. Simply put these new cars have ruined the ride. The seats are horibile.
    Me too. I rode the ride with the new seats for the first time the other day. I fit but it was not comfortable. I probably will not go on the ride as much as I used to, which is a shame.

I thought the old track was fine, but i hated straddling some one. way to cramped! i went on the ride as soon as it re-opened, and thought it was more jerky. i went with a true fanatic, and he said the outside track was more smooth. we rode on that one, but still jerky. i like the look and feel of the seats, though. im only 12 but im pretty tall for my age, probably 5'4,
    and i was comfortable. i was in the first seat in the second row. personaly, i thought the ride was really scary. now the track, the yehti guys. the first one shocked me cuz i wasnt expecting it, the 2nd one not to bad but more violent, and the 3rd totally freaked me out. i screamed so bad and put my face in my hands. i HATED that part. overall, i like the seats but prefer the old ride/track.

• Vroom, vroom!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Obviously people come in all shapes and sizes. I don't think it's how tall you are, but how long your legs are. 2 people can be the same height, but with differant leg/torso combinations. Do they need a "Maximum Leg Length to ride" sign?

I posted this before, but here's my solution for bumpy rides at the park:
    Available at various locations thru the park for our guests that need extra comfort. Collect all 7 colors and styles!

Attachment 22810
    Maybe it was a ploy to sell more of these?
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
    I thought the old track was fine, but i hated straddling some one. way to cramped! i went on the ride as soon as it re-opened, and thought it was more jerky. i went with a true fanatic, and he said the outside track was more smooth. we rode on that one, but still jerky. i like the look and feel of the seats, though. im only 12 but im pretty tall for my age, probably 5'4,
    and i was comfortable. i was in the first seat in the second row. personaly, i thought the ride was really scary. now the track, the yehti guys. the first one shocked me cuz i wasnt expecting it, the 2nd one not to bad but more violent, and the 3rd totally freaked me out. i screamed so bad and put my face in my hands. i HATED that part. overall, i like the seats but prefer the old ride/track.
    did you go on the old version before the renovation this past year? you said you werent expecting the yeti on the new Matterhorn, but the yetis didnt change during the rehab? just a bit confused..
    Because Bert Said So!

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    6'2"., 225lbs with mild OA in my hips. Can't sit "spread eagled" in order to get my feet into the "holes". VERY uncomfortable position for me to be able to contort myself into the sleds. Did they do a mock-up with 5 year olds? Ride, to me, is the same in terms of smoothness vs. bumpiness, but difficult to enjoy while in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by erndog View Post
    I,ve been riding the bobsleds for 40 years, the ride has great sentimental value for me. Simply put these new cars have ruined the ride. The seats are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    What were they thinking of when they built these new sleds, they are absolutely horrible. The leg space is atrocious, which makes the attraction no longer enjoyable for me to ride...
    It makes me sad to think that many of us have essentially lost one of the great Disneyland classics.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

My thoughts on the new Matterhorn when I rode it in late july:

-The Mountain itself look more beautiful than ever before. I was amazed when I first saw it in person! It's like a whole new mountain!

-The updated inside lighting were better than before.

-The new bobsleds are more visually appealing. It's like the old bobsleds with a modern twist, like the current Monorail trains. I wished that they would make the bobsleds single again (yeah I know it lower its hourly capacity)!

-The ride is a bit more bumpier in my experience. It's like they never changed the tracks at all.

-I'm 6'3'' about 230 lbs, slender but a bit muscular. I personally didn't have a problem getting in or out of the bobsleds. I didn't feel and pains after riding it. The ride is a bit more uncomfortable. Some padding on the floor would've been nice.

So overall i'm a bit mixed on the new Materhorn bobsleds. I guess I expected too much from the renovation, but I still love this classic ride.

I can't explain why, but I just can't get comfortable in the trains... my legs always seem to lock or something... I just can't get them comfortable for some reason. I am not overly tall, 5'11, but still not tall compared to many. I don't really like the new trains in comparison to the old trains. That being said the mountain itself is BEAUTIFUL and the (re) addition of the climbers is awesome!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234