Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    If they do something else starwars then it brings up the question is it time to retheme to a full starwarsland?
    People need to face some facts. Tomorrowland has a themed land based on innovation and the future is always going to have an issue with staying relevant. Future World at EPCOT is even worse. It will always get outdated much quicker than can be kept up with. It's time for the land to get renamed to Sci-Fi land or for purist who want to keep the name, just accept it as Sci-Fi land in theme anyways. The current attractions work with that regard as well as new attractions that could include The Avengers, Tron or Wall-E.

Personally, I want Star Wars Land! I know people complain about lands based on a single franchise but if you were going to do it (or at least going to do it a 2nd time) there is no better choice I think than Star Wars Land. You already have one ride, store and show. I think the show should be moved into the Captain EO theater and expanded upon. More characters, maybe some AA's. Astro Orbitor gets moved atop of the tower and the rockets changed to X-Wing Fighters. Buzz could be re-themed and taken into many directions. Perhaps a Rebel Alliance training exercise ride. The idea of using Buzz's guns to shoot non toy aliens doesn't seem very Disney. I know there are space ships shooting each other in Star Tours but Disney seems to frown on that kind of gun violence. I would be happy if they just turn it into an AA heavy dark ride like Escape From Jabba's Palace ride with a Jabba AA somewhere in the mix and no guns or scoring used. Redd Rockett's could be themed to the cantina bar in A New Hope with an AA cantina band playing. Space Mountain is such a broad concept that I think it could work without a retheme. Maybe just retheme the queue and loading station to more of a 1977 A New Hope look and perhaps a John Williams score in the speakers. And to top it off, the Peoplemover track could be used as a tour of the Star Wars land!

With that said, the new E ticket could then be either a speeder chase style coaster to a huge Haunted Mansion/Pirates level dark ride.

None of this is ever going to happen but it would be awesome if it did.

I second that the attraction coming to Tomorrowland will probably be The Avengers. Probably be ready when the second movie comes out.

Hmmmm... Let's see... Someone call Pixar! We need a ride!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I say 2013's D23. PFF and the new Fantasyland Theatre show will both be done by then and they can really focus efforts on Tomomorrowland.
    That's a good prediction, based on what's coming the same year (Fantasy Faire, new show). I'm thinking the same thing now.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

The only real movie-based attraction I'd be happy with is Wall-E. None of the other proposed movies (Tron, The Avengers, Iron Man, etc.) really take place in the future. I love the idea of Discoveryland at DLP, and I think that a re-skin to a idealized, but bygone, sci-fi version of the future would be beneficial. I honestly think that the whole all white, blue, and grey, and extremely clean and sterile theme that was once around would be an all right choice to use, as I feel like not many people consider that to be our future anymore. It teeters on the look of being "dated" however, so maybe that isn't the best idea...

Photo Via jdhilger

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this thought but I could care less if the E-ticket turned out to be Avengers or Wreck it Ralph themed. All I really want the most is for the People Mover to come back!!
    I couldn't agree more

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Roythe13th View Post
    People need to face some facts. Tomorrowland has a themed land based on innovation and the future is always going to have an issue with staying relevant. Future World at EPCOT is even worse. It will always get outdated much quicker than can be kept up with. It's time for the land to get renamed to Sci-Fi land or for purist who want to keep the name, just accept it as Sci-Fi land in theme anyways. The current attractions work with that regard as well as new attractions that could include The Avengers, Tron or Wall-E.

Personally, I want Star Wars Land! I know people complain about lands based on a single franchise but if you were going to do it (or at least going to do it a 2nd time) there is no better choice I think than Star Wars Land. You already have one ride, store and show. I think the show should be moved into the Captain EO theater and expanded upon. More characters, maybe some AA's. Astro Orbitor gets moved atop of the tower and the rockets changed to X-Wing Fighters. Buzz could be re-themed and taken into many directions. Perhaps a Rebel Alliance training exercise ride. The idea of using Buzz's guns to shoot non toy aliens doesn't seem very Disney. I know there are space ships shooting each other in Star Tours but Disney seems to frown on that kind of gun violence. I would be happy if they just turn it into an AA heavy dark ride like Escape From Jabba's Palace ride with a Jabba AA somewhere in the mix and no guns or scoring used. Redd Rockett's could be themed to the cantina bar in A New Hope with an AA cantina band playing. Space Mountain is such a broad concept that I think it could work without a retheme. Maybe just retheme the queue and loading station to more of a 1977 A New Hope look and perhaps a John Williams score in the speakers. And to top it off, the Peoplemover track could be used as a tour of the Star Wars land!

With that said, the new E ticket could then be either a speeder chase style coaster to a huge Haunted Mansion/Pirates level dark ride.

None of this is ever going to happen but it would be awesome if it did.

I second that the attraction coming to Tomorrowland will probably be The Avengers. Probably be ready when the second movie comes out.
    This type of thinking is based on WDI's work in the last 20 years. People forget that Submarine Voyage (39 years), People Mover (28 years), Space Mountain (35+ years), Skyway (38 years), Autopia (57+ years), and the Monorail (53+ years) lasted longer than many rides in the park. This same type of thinking is the reason we got Tomorrowland '98. Instead of investing in the concepts they had (Rocket Rods, Innoventions, ect) they did them on the cheap and all of Tomorrowland '98 failed. If given proper thought and adequate funding, futuristic innovative attractions can work very well and last for a long time. I've heard that Disney is finally done doing it on the cheap so I believe that a new grand Tomorrowland is possible.
    Last edited by Bronco21; 08-04-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I just have a hard time having a land re-themed after something that isnt really Disney. I know star wars has worked out as a ride, and im fine with it. But not a whole land. Id feel better with a tron themed land because it is disney. I even have a hard time with cars land because its pixar. But its over at DCA and so it works. If you want a non traditional disney themed land, i want it kept out of Disneyland. Make a different gate for it or put it at DCA. Keep Disneyland traditional. Sorry if that offends anyone, just my opinion. Also i wanted to add that Star Wars land or Avengers land sounds like a Universal Studios thing and not disney. Once again, just my opinion haha

Tony stark/iron man hosted future tech show in the captain eo theatre theater!!!!
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Hot FIRE!

The only thing many here want is something that we mostly know will sadly not be coming back...I just want a time travel attraction as it's as original as we can get that doesn't include space travel. Especially since Kingdom of the dinosaurs is gone from Knotts.

also FYI Bronco not to nitpick but Space has only been around for 35 years and even then WDW's is only but a couple years older. none of them are near 40 yet...

...As I see it

• Insomniac

^^You are correct! I had it in my mind that it opened in '71 for some reason thanks for the correction.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

What futuristic thought does everyone think about?…flying cars! Keep the Innovations-ex-Carousel of progress building, just the shell and gut it. Create a Peter Pan type ride using ski lift technology to create the sensation of flying cars, up, down, left, right, dips, climbs. Think Jetsons, buildings, all at “night” to help hide the ride track…with neon, etc. Theme it perhaps like flying taxis or limos. Have perhaps 4 different tracks that soar above, below and around each other and at one spot all 4 tracks come together where the 4 flying cars all come roaring into an intersection at once facing each other with a turntable on tracks so each car rotates around then off they go again, perhaps on a different track. High speed ski lifts have a detachable chairs which slow the chairs for easy, safe loading and unloading…this same type of detachable method could be employed. No charge Disney. You’re welcome.
    Resurrect People Mover which could be a part of the show (ride) too, not just to peek in through a window (a la Inner Space).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Tony stark/iron man hosted future tech show in the captain eo theatre theater!!!!
    That's the best idea I've heard yet for a new Tomorrowland attraction. Much better than retheming Innovations into a Stark Expo attaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I am actually in love with this idea.

I still can't believe there isn't an Incredibles attraction somewhere in the parks. Given that Tomorrowland no longer illustrates the future, and just has a bunch of SciFi-ish themed attractions, it would be a perfect fit. They probably wouldn't invest money into an Incredibles attraction unless a sequel was on the way though.

• Artistic integrity

"What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?"

Hopefully ... Nothing that will have anything to do with the very "contemporary/modern day" situations of anything Pixar or Marvel related.

Tomorrowland needs to be set like 100 years into the future .. or more. Not to present-day films ... that only would root Tomorrowland into a "Todayland".

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast