Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Or the theory of gravity...don't want any of that.
    -
    Is it just me, or are you TRYING to get some sort of political response back to this?

• Down Pluto!

Nope - just more silliness...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Banned User

Yes, I do believe Wall E should go in Tomorrowland. The idea of this bright, beautiful tomorrow actually taking work to create and teaching some environmental awareness, would be a great aspect to showcase. I'm not saying it has to be a ride through the planet Earth that they show, but using him as teaching guide could make an incredibly moving experience.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Yes, I do believe Wall E should go in Tomorrowland. The idea of this bright, beautiful tomorrow actually taking work to create and teaching some environmental awareness, would be a great aspect to showcase. I'm not saying it has to be a ride through the planet Earth that they show, but using him as teaching guide could make an incredibly moving experience.
    If we are going that route, the Ironman showcasing the future of clean energy would work just as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

If (as reported in another thread) Tony is saying PeopleMover has to go and Autopia is staying, I'd move the load/queue for Autopia to Motor Boat Cruise area/old Fantasyland Autopia side to maximize space, using the current Autopia grandstand/queue for Tomorrowland expansion.

Then, bring on a new, expanded and reinforced central platform to raise Astro Orbitor up high where Rocket Jets used to be. Return the Captain Eo Theatre to its original open air stage incarnation and build two new attractions in place of Innoventions and Autopia queue: one based on TRON light cycles and another a revitalized Adventure Thru Inner Space.

Also, repaint everything to the 1967 color scheme, get rid of the TL '98 cosmic paisley paint in Tomorrowland Terrace, return Mary Blair's murals or offer new futuristic digital animation murals based on her work (replacing those hideous spacecraft wraps) -- and put a small dancing waters fountain (ala Americana and The Grove) at TL entrance where rocks and Orbitor are now.

also -- Big Blue Marble must go

Must keep the Moonliner, though!!!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-05-2012 at 01:57 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If we are going that route, the Ironman showcasing the future of clean energy would work just as well.
    Does Iron Man take place in the future??

• -

It doesn't matter if Ironman takes place in the future. It is the future clean energy technology in my example above that links it to tomorrow. That is the very concept of Tomorrowland: showcasing what progress lies ahead for mankind, and better advances in clean energy is something that is greatly needed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    If (as reported in another thread) Tony is saying PeopleMover has to go and Autopia is staying, I'd move the load/queue for Autopia to Motor Boat Cruise area/old Fantasyland Autopia side to maximize space, then use the current Autopia grandstand/queue for Tomorrowland expansion.
    Very interesting indeed, Mr. Jones. This is very similar to what my insiders told me a few months ago.

Apparently Redd Rocketts, Innoventions, the defunct Skyway terminal, and the Autopia queue area will be making way for a brand new attraction. Something my insiders referred to as one particular Imagineer's vanity project.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• We Go On.

One particular Imagineer...Tony Baxter. And does this have anything to do with how Disney apparently dropped a "new toy" into his lap?

• Banned User

Does Finding Nemo? Does Buzz Lightyear? Does Star Tours?

---------- Post added 08-05-2012 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It doesn't matter if Ironman takes place in the future. It is the future clean energy technology in my example above that links it to tomorrow. That is the very concept of Tomorrowland: showcasing what progress lies ahead for mankind, and better advances in clean energy is something that is greatly needed.
    Love this idea. I miss the educational/forward thinking/scientific aspect of TL.

• Banned User

I'm not defending them... although at least Buzz and Star Tours deal with technology. Nemo, their best excuse is the tech allows them to hear fish talk.

Besides it shouldn't matter if they do, we can still ask if future attraction will...sheesh.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post

Love this idea. I miss the educational/forward thinking/scientific aspect of TL.
    I think Journey Into Inner Space and Mission to the Moon were great rides back in the day because the US was just starting to explore space and industry was advancing at a rapid pace. I think some people thought that we'd have lunar colonies and it would be like the Jetsons.

Nowadays you've got billionaires flying to low earth orbit, though Obama pretty much slowed down the space program. Not that this is a bad thing, but its going to take a long time for us to get to the point of going to Mars, or even back to the moon, maybe we need to wait decades for the technology to get there. If Obama, or whoever is president, green lights a mission to the moon to develop a lunar colony (maybe to harvest Helium-3 which is a good idea), then a generalized space exploration type ride *might* make sense.

BUT, I think the only thing that excites people about space is the possibility of alien contact, and sci-fi related stuff, IMHO. In terms of the future, I think that robots are a big change that we expected, but haven't really seen yet, that and "flying cars", but will we ever really have this stuff?

For me, the Star Wars Universe has ALL the really cool stuff that we dream we might have in the future, flying cars, robots (droids), and spaceships that are easy for regular folks to buy and pilot into space, and contact with aliens. For this reason, I hope that the Star Wars expansion idea is done.

Oh, and the Mars rover is about to land, if it makes it I hope they re-do Autopia to advanced Mars Rovers you can pilot around an Alien landscape.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    One particular Imagineer...Tony Baxter. And does this have anything to do with how Disney apparently dropped a "new toy" into his lap?
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I think Journey Into Inner Space and Mission to the Moon were great rides back in the day because the US was just starting to explore space and industry was advancing at a rapid pace. I think some people thought that we'd have lunar colonies and it would be like the Jetsons.

I totally agree with you, but I wish Disney would think outside the box. I know space exploration is automatically associated with "tomorrow," but I wish they could take it broader. There are enough space themed attractions, ya know?

• Minion

My best bet would be an Avengers attraction. The film broke box office records, and will be relevant over the course of several upcoming films. Disney bought Avatar attracted to its popularity, why shouldn't they pursue The Avengers? Not only do they already own it but it has proven its staying power (it's been a popular franchise since the 2008 debut of Iron Man) and is in the general sci-fi theme Tomorrowland has sort of been leaning towards. If a non-Avengers ride took Innoventions' place I'd not only be surprised but even a bit disappointed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast