Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    And does this have anything to do with how Disney apparently dropped a "new toy" into his lap?
    I'm lost, care to elaborate?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    My best bet would be an Avengers attraction. The film broke box office records, and will be relevant over the course of several upcoming films. Disney bought Avatar attracted to its popularity, why shouldn't they pursue The Avengers? Not only do they already own it but it has proven its staying power (it's been a popular franchise since the 2008 debut of Iron Man) and is in the general sci-fi theme Tomorrowland has sort of been leaning towards. If a non-Avengers ride took Innoventions' place I'd not only be surprised but even a bit disappointed.

I could see Iron Man being in Tomorrowland, his tech is futuristic and sci-fy. The rest of them . . . I think overall Thor is more fantasy than Sci-Fi, a Captain America attraction would feel wrong somehow. I don't think they'll do a pure Avengers attraction as those are a lot of characters to put into a single attraction.

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I totally agree with you, but I wish Disney would think outside the box. I know space exploration is automatically associated with "tomorrow," but I wish they could take it broader. There are enough space themed attractions, ya know?
    Well, space is pretty broad, especially if you consider that includes different planets, aliens . . .

Ok, so let's say we're not doing space, what then?

Epcot has the Living Seas, should we build an aquarium?

Futuristic transportation technology?

I would be OK with an Inner Space type ride where you go through the human body, only unlike the defunct Body Wars, maybe have it fleshed out like Journey Into Inner Space. Atoms are pretty boring, but going inside of a person's mind . . .

Oh wait, Pixar is doing a story about the inner workings of a girl's brain . . . looks like Tomorrowland might yet get one more Pixar ride!

Why do so many people care about astro orbiter moving to its original location... it's such a boring ride and what ever the heck they have up where the old jets were is much better than an a-ticket that you can find in fantasyland and every county fair. I'd rather see them expand dumbo like at MK.

What I see happening is a new avengers ride to take over innoventions, autopia queue, and the space between it... also, like others I'd like to see buzz fly away and add a time travel ride in its place... and to tie it all together I'd like to see some re-theming of tomorrowlands facades and reworking of some of its landscape.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    The Avengers... ... been a popular franchise since the 2008 debut of Iron Man
    Its been a popular franchise since the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    Why do so many people care about astro orbiter moving to its original location...
    You obviously never rode it in that location. It was so much better. Some of the best views of the park were to be seen from there. Also knowing that you were that high was so thrilling.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I said this in another thread but I'll put it hear, too. Since OSHAs beef with the PM is lack of exits and proximity to the building interior, it's time for a new transportation system. More than a PM but not RR either. Think of an enclosed chain of pods or mini train. Enter and exit like the old PM on a carosel, then off you go. If an existing building can't be modified for the new cars, reroute the track. Take out the PM track but leave the base piers, and use them as the bases for the new tracks. The new track is steel tube with induction motors. It can be banked, curved, etc. Since the car(s) are enclosed they could zip through existing buildings. Remove Innovations and the cars can have a field day inside the old building with an AA diorama, etc. The new track could go underground, into a new show building, underwater, sky's the limit. Since it's not zipping like a roller coaster it would be accessible to everyone. Like I said, it's a transportation system, not a thrill ride but it can have thrill elements. Think of the Incredibles and the pods that the volcanic island used. They went everywhere on the island but they weren't roller coasters.

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 11:39 AM ----------

Pressed ENTER to quickly... And yes put the rockets back on top of the carousel where they belong.

• Element of Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So that would mean the Marvel 2099 line would fit as that is definitely not set to present day.

Make it nuclear powered with each car containing a miniature version of a nuclear submarine fission reactor on board. Then wait for the fireworks when people ignor the "don't bump the car ahead of you" warnings.

It actually had one in 1998, but Rocket Rods are long since gone.
    I don't consider Rocket Rods an E-ticket ride. . . I might have, if the whole 1998 New Tomorrowland didn't happen under the Paul Pressler/Cynthia Harriss era. . . Come to think of it, if current park management(as well as John Lassetter) had been in charge in the mid to late 1990's, they would have spent the money to do Rocket Rods right, and it would truly have been an E-ticket ride(as well as still operating to this day).
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

I want them to just move the Astro Orbiter out of the way. I imagine they took it down for a reason though. I hope there are no structural problems. I'd like to see it back in its original place.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

Quote Originally Posted by APJ1127 View Post
    I want them to just move the Astro Orbiter out of the way. I imagine they took it down for a reason though. I hope there are no structural problems. I'd like to see it back in its original place.
    I believe Eisner was adamant on including the Paris orbitor for the TL rehab but that behemoth was too heavy for the rocket jet platform.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I believe Eisner was adamant on including the Paris orbitor for the TL rehab but that behemoth was too heavy for the rocket jet platform.
    I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I do like the kinetic energy the Paris-style orbiter adds to the land's entrance. That being said, I do see the problems with its current location.... It will be very interesting to see what happens here.

The only rumor i heard was that Innoventions was gonna be swapped out for Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by gjkiii View Post
    The only rumor i heard was that Innoventions was gonna be swapped out for Stark Industries.
    Replace Innoventions with a "Mission to Mars" type ride... or some other "Kids pilot a spaceship to outer space" type ride.... A 6-seater orbiter would work... kinda like a customized Star Tours but NASA based.

•   
    • Banned User

I really, really like Bob Weaver's comments on page 1 of this thread re: Technopolis. Tomorrowland no longer has anything of real futuristic wonder that promotes the field of science like Walt originally did. ( ...and I agree with the guy who said Innoventions is basically an apple store if it were run by Xbox instead. ) How about something just related to science and progress without a licensed tie in? Save the Avengers for Fantasyland, they're fiction.

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I hope they will build a Technopolis. A self-contained "city of the future" in which everything is high-tech, including the attraction waiting procedures (virtual lines, where your place in line is remembered by the attraction's computer rather than you having to stand in line). Sophisticated food ordering and delivery systems like the "Jetsons" would have. Several E-ticket-level attractions, and I would choose to base one on WALL-E, a newfangled version of Adventure thru Inner Space, and maybe a time-travel attraction ("a billion years into your imagination"). I would keep Space Mountain, but evict Star Tours to DCA. And I would have everything solar powered with solar panels on the rooftops.

I don't mind STAR TOURS, however I miss the big three - MISSION TO MARS - PEOPLEMOVER - ADVENTURES THROUGH INNER SPACE .... there was something exciting when you were on either of these Rides (something electric in the air) & even as you excited? You were left thinking about future technology / future transportation / future chemistry (neither offered an exit into a gift shop to schill merchandise to the masses, so I guess that's why we never saw an update of these three gems) ....

MARVEL (my opinion) wouldn't fit in a Tomorrowland, however those elevated pods on a track seen in THE INCREDIBLES would be a nice touch ....

C J

[Masdar City - Elevated Personal Rapid Transit]

Name:  Masdar_electric-podcars-elevated_street-scene_opt600x447_chosun.blog.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  47.0 KB

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Save the Avengers for Fantasyland, they're fiction.
    They fit in much better in Tomorrowland than Fantasyland. Fiction alone should not be a disqualification for Tomorrowland. If it was you wouldn't be able to fly through space in an open-air rocket without a vacuum suit.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I said this in another thread but I'll put it hear, too. Since OSHAs beef with the PM is lack of exits and proximity to the building interior, it's time for a new transportation system. More than a PM but not RR either. Think of an enclosed chain of pods or mini train. Enter and exit like the old PM on a carosel, then off you go. If an existing building can't be modified for the new cars, reroute the track. Take out the PM track but leave the base piers, and use them as the bases for the new tracks. The new track is steel tube with induction motors. It can be banked, curved, etc. Since the car(s) are enclosed they could zip through existing buildings. Remove Innovations and the cars can have a field day inside the old building with an AA diorama, etc. The new track could go underground, into a new show building, underwater, sky's the limit. Since it's not zipping like a roller coaster it would be accessible to everyone. Like I said, it's a transportation system, not a thrill ride but it can have thrill elements. Think of the Incredibles and the pods that the volcanic island used. They went everywhere on the island but they weren't roller coasters.
    I like it but I don't want it to be theme to the Incredible but ok if it had Wall-E and Eve. Innoventions should be use for a new and separate attraction.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast