Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?

I've heard rumors that Innoventions will be taken out and replaced with a Marvel-themed attraction or exhibit. That would certainly help compete with Harry Potter Land at Universal.

Part of me does sort of like the idea of having a ITTBAB/HISTA 3D show hosted by Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) showcasing the numerous inventions being made by Stark Industries for the future and S.H.I.E.L.D. Throughout the show we could get cameos by various Marvel characters. Bruce Banner appears as a scientist half way through the show, and accidentally hulks-out, and runs around the theater. Thor and Captain America show up to stop him. Maybe make it a panoramic 3D film, with screens all around the audience.

Make it a 10 minute show, and replace Captain EO. It wouldn't be anything revolutionary, by any means, but it would still be fun.

Space mountain has to stay! I think they should get rid of innoventions. It's actually just there and no one particularly cares about it. I would love to see a wall.e ride !

I'm pretty sure they're planning to build a huge Marvel E-ticket ride (a sort of EMV with 3D projections).

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I like it but I don't want it to be theme to the Incredible but ok if it had Wall-E and Eve. Innoventions should be use for a new and separate attraction.
    No Wall E, please. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about a brighter more promising future, not the dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The end of Wall-E presented a happy future though. Humanity learned how to diet, and be self sufficient, artistic, and went through a new renaissance (it was all in the credits, though).

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    The end of Wall-E presented a happy future though. Humanity learned how to diet, and be self sufficient, artistic, and went through a new renaissance (it was all in the credits, though).
    I'm sure any Wall E ride will not show the the improvements show during the credits sequence. To be recognizable, it will most likely show the trashed Earth and lethargic people portrayed during the film.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're planning to build a huge Marvel E-ticket ride (a sort of EMV with 3D projections).
    You got the first half right...

I just hope whatever they do isn't just Universal's Transformers ride with a Marvel skin. That's a pretty slick ride, but I want to see something with an original twist.

What I think they are going to do to Tomorrowland is this...
    1. Demolish innoventions to make way for an E-ticket attraction (seems obvious unless they decide to make use of the building for one)
    2. Demolish the peoplemover track (again seems obvious as they don't want to spend too much money to fix it but I really hope that they can just demolish it and just build a new track)
    3. Replace Captain EO
    4. Bring back the top floor for Starcade (unless they have better plans for it)
    5. Move the Astro Orbitor to a different location (just a wish of mine)
    6. Subs, Autopia, and Buzz Lightyear will remain the same (at least update them)

Really all I want them to do is bring Tomorrowland back to life. It desperately needs something like the peoplemover.

"A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man's achievements...a step into the future, with predictions of constructive things to come.

Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure and ideals: the Atomic Age...the challenges of outer space...and the hope for a peaceful and unified world."

Walt Disney
    July 17, 1955

So, this is what WDI should base their problem solving for Tomorrowland on. If you go to the core of the founder's mission statement, then everything else will fall into place and Tomorrowland will be VERY popular once again! =)

• One More Day

1. Space Mountain on the outside should be re-themed to look like the grid intro from Tron Legacy, (Black Light Neon and all) insert "Glow hat sales here"
    2. Innovations should be changed to either SHIELD or Stark Expo if you want your Marvel
    3. Change Autotopia into the Light Cycle Racers
    4. Pizza Port needs to be Mos Eisley Port
    5. 3D show of Tron or Star Wars (maybe the ill fated live action can now be done) instead of Captain EO

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Oh, and the Mars rover is about to land, if it makes it I hope they re-do Autopia to advanced Mars Rovers you can pilot around an Alien landscape.
    Me gusta. That would be a really clever and unique way to remodel Autopia into something that actually has a futuristic theme.

sorry with 7 pages i made it through 4 before posting.

In those 4 i didnt see anything about this stuff being done, whats leading everyone to imagine at this point? I like to speculate as much as the rest but i also like SOMETHING besides " i heard from an insider"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No Wall E, please. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about a brighter more promising future, not the dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm sure any Wall E ride will not show the the improvements show during the credits sequence. To be recognizable, it will most likely show the trashed Earth and lethargic people portrayed during the film.
    My original idea was about a PM replacement/successor using the two characters but not necessary any event from the movie. But would still have show scenes related to a positive future. Eve can be use as a host for the tour of TL. IMO The only way a ride there can be build since they also need to spend alot more money because of it being enclose, stairs, handrail etc, is to have some kind of movie tie-in. They need to believe it would be worth the money and marketable, using a Pixar or Disney character is usually favorable nowadays.

But with the recent talk about the PM going on, I am highly disappointed.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast