Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Banned User

Re: What do you think is coming to Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Me gusta. That would be a really clever and unique way to remodel Autopia into something that actually has a futuristic theme.
    Muchas gracias, they were going to put in a lunar rover Autopia into Paris Disneyland, it would have been uber-high and interactive where you'd have to pick up "lunar samples" with a robotic arm while you cruise around the Lunar/Asteroid landscape at random (controlled by computer/LPS).

WDI does like to recycle old ideas and toss them around . . .

What's tomorrow about that? Have you not been watching the news?

The only attraction resembling an expected future these days should be an "Escape to N.Y. or L.A." ride. Surely space exploration, science, medicine and technology will all experience huge advances, but the sad reality tramps it all. In the 50's it was rockets and living; what's our realistic vision of the future today? Otherwise, it belongs to Fantasyland...

Conservation, clean energy, and space exploration?

Here's an idea that may solve many of the problems TomorrowLand faces. Change the name to SciFi land. Then we don't have to worry about whether or not what's there is technically "futuristic."

Begin flame now.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by desertgroomer View Post
    The only attraction resembling an expected future these days should be an "Escape to N.Y. or L.A." ride. Surely space exploration, science, medicine and technology will all experience huge advances, but the sad reality tramps it all. In the 50's it was rockets and living; what's our realistic vision of the future today? Otherwise, it belongs to Fantasyland...
    Tomorrowland should be a realistic portrayal of the future. Of course, it does resemble a fantasy, but not of Fantasyland since it is about Princesses and Peter Pan. Tomorrowland can be redirected as an alternative futuristic vision of the future, thus keeping its name without self-limiting restrictions.

Imagineers should come up with an futuristic fantasy world that resembles the best of the sci-fi worlds in film and literature. It should have a new E-Ticket as the anchor attraction. It should integrate the storytelling of Space Mountain and Star Tours. Replace Captain Eo with a related sister attraction to the new marquee attraction. Change out the theming to match with a new Tomorrowland entrance. Perhaps put Rocket Jets in a new location. Demolish the People Mover tracks.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by yoda1138777 View Post
    1. Space Mountain on the outside should be re-themed to look like the grid intro from Tron Legacy, (Black Light Neon and all) insert "Glow hat sales here"
    2. Innovations should be changed to either SHIELD or Stark Expo if you want your Marvel
    3. Change Autotopia into the Light Cycle Racers
    4. Pizza Port needs to be Mos Eisley Port
    5. 3D show of Tron or Star Wars (maybe the ill fated live action can now be done) instead of Captain EO
    Wow. It's rare that I see a pitch that I agree with every point. Great idea.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Doombuggy Rider

I'm glad that I am not the only one who feels that TOMORROWLAND is a shadow of its former self .... I am <3 ' ing the ideas that many here are suggesting (I'm even willing to accept the debate that what we enjoy combines both fact & fantasy (aka Science Fiction) ...

While I prefer a retro theme (think mid-century modern architecture) vs the awful steampunk inspired turn-of-the-century theme currently being used (& no, I don't have a problem with steampunk - I <3 it - I just don't think it suits Disneyland's Tomorrowland); I agree that there needs to be some sort of cohesive experience (Space Mountain shouldn't be butted up to Star Tours, something has to slowly "theme wise" take you from one to the other) and I would <3 TRON to become apart of Tomorrowland ...

We obviously have areas which deserve to be used to debut a new E Ticket experience (Innoventions Show Building), new Dining (Rocket Jetts Pizza Parlor becomes Tron Legacy's End of the Line Club), new Entertainment (Starcade becomes Flynn's Arcade), new Attraction (Captain Eo / Honey I Shrunk The Audience Show Building), improved Revision (Astro Orbitor becomes a Space Station, a Death Star, a TRON Tower - the rockets become retro rockets, ti-fighters vs x-wing fighters, tron light cycles), new Shopping (Star Trader themed as a Mos Eisley Cantina), new Transit (combined PeopleMover Skyways ride themed Retro Mid-Century Modern, or a Tron Solar Sailor, etc) ...

C J

Name:  4473394408_d5e65f194b.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  182.2 KB

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Big Hockey Fan

No more Movies, just add the peoplemover!

Don't shoot the messenger-- just sharing what I've heard from a friend-- I heard that the Marvel characters will never make it into a Disney park due to the contract restrictions in Orlando.

Disney steps up efforts to bring Avengers to parks | Reuters

This makes it look otherwise, however.

Whatever they put in there will be amazing, I know that. I'm not a Marvel fan whatsoever (Batman girl over here) but it would take something in the parks to change my mind, so we'll see what happens. Sad to see Innoventions go. And I hope they don't take the Rocket Rod track down but I'm sure they will.
    "They can't order me to stop dreaming..."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678