Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Injured at DCA...and no one really cared. (Mater's New Ride)

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    This. First aid takes their job super seriously. I went to first aid for a friggin tylenol and it was taken very seriously. I had wrenched my neck on Screamin, nothing serious but it was hurting. They took a full incident report asking exactly when it occured, what ride it was on, what I thought caused it, etc etc.
    My nephew (aged 4) was fighting with his twin brother and fell and scratched his knee. We headed to first aid to get a band-aid, and they were VERY thorough about writing everything up, making notes on WHERE the scrape happened, full names and everything. All for a BANDAID for a self sustained injury. The injured twin got his Cars bandaid, and both twins for Honorary Citizens after promising "No more fighting"...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

OP, have you written an email or letter to guest services since your arrival home?
    Perhaps it could let them know about your discontent for how the matter was handled and a better explaination in writing of how the ride caused the injury.

I am a big fan of putting everything in writing so that it can be read, and analyze.

Best of luck with your endever, and hope your ankle heals quickly.

Thumbs down Re: Injured at DCA...and no one really cared. (Mater's New Ride)

...(according to how your post sounds), you were seriously hurt, yet a few VIP tickets or FastPasses would magically heal you and make things better. $$$$ So let me get this straight- you asked the cast member for emergency medical first aid treatment and they said no?

Yes, I understand you may of actually been hurt as accidents can happen. However your post kinda speaks for itself showing a true level of integrity.

Best of luck with that hot coffee at McDonald's or the wet floor signs at your near by grocery store.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 08-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    -Wes

• Pilot EdForceOne

So you got a bruise.. I'm not sure what you were expecting to happen? A ride shutdown to investigate? A stretcher? Did anyone offer to head to first aid? The last thing would be all I expect of the company. Offer the guest to head to first aid where more treatment can be offered. You obviously didn't need onsite treatment.

Curious what retribution you ask if a stroller runs into you.

And 300lbs even at 6'6' is heavy.. obese by most definitions.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    ...(according to how your post sounds), you were seriously hurt, yet a few VIP tickets or FastPasses would magically heal you and make things better. $$$$

Ugh. Typical.
    No need to be so abrasive. According to his post, he was injured - but not seriously enough that he couldn't continue on to make his kid's day at the Resort fun. He mentioned reporting it not once but twice - and nothing was done. He doesn't sound like he is asking for a handout by any means. In a world where people sue other people for looking at them the wrong way, I think that another FP to WoC would't be asking too much if he would have even asked for that. He was just mentioning that it would have been nice since he missed it, you are insinuating that he stormed over and demanded a FP/VIP seating.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    So you got a bruise.. I'm not sure what you were expecting to happen? A ride shutdown to investigate? A stretcher? Did anyone offer to head to first aid? The last thing would be all I expect of the company. Offer the guest to head to first aid where more treatment can be offered. You obviously didn't need onsite treatment.

Curious what retribution you ask if a stroller runs into you.

And 300lbs even at 6'6' is heavy.. obese by most definitions.
    I am pretty disappointed (though, not shocked) by some of the responses like this here. He just told his story and asked for our opinions. It actually sounds like he just wants this to be corrected so that nothing worse happens to anyone else later down the road. There is no need for stuff like this. Makes it real clear why some of us have stopped using MiceChat recently.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 08-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.

How can anyone be disappointed by the responses given here? He asked, we are giving our honest answers. I think if your injury is so minor that you can carry on with your day, then move on. You did your part and filed a complaint with customer service and if it is a reoccurring problem they will look into it.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I think what everyone is trying to say is, why not just go to First-Aid instead of reporting it to Guest Relations? Just seems fishy like, in my opinion, he was trying to get something out of it. Since we are in a sue-happy environment, I automatically assume someone is trying to get something out of a bruise.

I do hope the OP is ok, but next time, go to First-Aid.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey2005 View Post
    How can anyone be disappointed by the responses given here? He asked, we are giving our honest answers. I think if your injury is so minor that you can carry on with your day, then move on. You did your part and filed a complaint with customer service and if it is a reoccurring problem they will look into it.
    Agree 100%!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey2005 View Post
    It's not so much the honest advice as it is the added in unnecessary "peanut gallery" commentary.

• Minion

I am disappointed in the micechat community when threads like this come up. A guest was hurt when a ride moved as the guest was exiting the ride and the guest took the proper steps and was disappointed in the response he got and tbe majority of the responses here are a nothing more then personal attacks with many attacts on the individuals size. At 6'6" and 300 pounds there is a better then even chance that he is far from obese he is all around large for an example of a different way to look at this Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins is 6'6" and 290 pounds if you think he is obese then you need to look again. Plan and simple tbe ride moved when being exited if this was a smaller person it more then likely would have broke the persons leg. Thinkand comment what you would like on his wish for vip WOC or F! Passes but the personal attacts are just disappointing
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I am pretty disappointed (though, not shocked) by some of the responses like this here. He just told his story and asked for our opinions. It actually sounds like he just wants this to be corrected so that nothing worse happens to anyone else later down the road. There is no need for stuff like this. Makes it real clear why some of us have stopped using MiceChat recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I am disappointed in the micechat community when threads like this come up. A guest was hurt when a ride moved as the guest was exiting the ride and the guest took the proper steps and was disappointed in the response he got and tbe majority of the responses here are a nothing more then personal attacks with many attacts on the individuals size. At 6'6" and 300 pounds there is a better then even chance that he is far from obese he is all around large for an example of a different way to look at this Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins is 6'6" and 290 pounds if you think he is obese then you need to look again. Plan and simple tbe ride moved when being exited if this was a smaller person it more then likely would have broke the persons leg. Thinkand comment what you would like on his wish for vip WOC or F! Passes but the personal attacts are just disappointing
    Bingo x 2.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

If you feel like the Chamber of Commerce didn't take your complaint seriously enough, I would definitely follow up with a letter. It did sound to me like you waited until the end of the day to go to the Chamber of Commerce; if that's true, that is likely why they didn't take you seriously as far as feeling really injured, and may have interpreted your report as an FYI. Or the CoC assumed that if you were really injured you would have gone to First Aid rather than coming to them, so they didn't feel you were too injured to miss an event or FP--an assumption they should not have made (really, they should have told you to go to First Aid I think). I agree that this is a flaw in the ride design that should be taken seriously and they should not wait until someone has a more serious injury (for example, as you said, a young child standing next to a heavier adult). And the lesson learned, which is a good one to get the word out to everyone, is to head to First Aid. I think even if you have a FP or something you might miss, they can extend it or give you an additional pass after you get treated. I'm sorry this happened to you.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

They are giving opinions to the OP, perhaps not the ones they were expecting or even wanting to see, but they are opinions none the less.

Perhaps as one poster said, if we didnt have a 'sue-happy' society, perhaps people wouldnt be as cynical as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bingo x 2.
    See I dont understand this double standard, we're allowed to be as cynical as we want in regards to the Disney Corp itself, with conspiracy theorys, 'lack of caring', 'monney grubbing', etc.

But when it comes to a guest we're only allowed to agree with their point of view, lavish sympathy on them and such; when we've all seen behavior of the guest be the actual culprit and not the company itself (not saying that this OP is guilty of this or not, I have no opinion on the matter)
    Last edited by Wren; 08-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Non-Minion

There is no need for stuff like this. Makes it real clear why some of us have stopped using MiceChat recently.
    Definitely one of the reason I don't come here half as much as I used to...I'll love Disneyland in my own way and with those I consider close friends and family.

ON TOPIC - I feel bad for the dude, nothing worse then getting hurt like that. Hope it heals quickly, and on behalf of a few of the mice chatters I apologize for some of the rude and snarky comments made in this thread. Hope it doesn't deter you from coming back as it has to a lot of others.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

The fact that no one cared I think is a big deal but I think Disney is not at fault because he exited the ride to soon. I have rode it a few times now and I weigh 210 pounds plus my girlfriend is in the same ride car and it takes a second for it to spring back to center. I'm sorry about the injury but I believe it is your own fault. As far as them not caring I think that's a little messed up. That's the only bad thing about non-locking seatbelts people can exit when they feel like it
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast