Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Lincoln makes way for Disney movies

If they want to show a movie or two as a special event, I'm fine with that (Movie Tuesdays?) But Mr. Lincoln should remain.

I'll admit, I rarely walk out with dry eyes. Sadly, I wish more people would see it, and listen to the words, which are just as relevant today as they ever have been.

It's also got that Disney touch, that most newer rides don't have. Personally I believe it's one of the great examples of what makes Disney superior to other theme parks.

Even if they show a flick, they should still run Mr. Lincoln before the show.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
    Which disney classic movies are we talking here???
    Classic's like Chicken Little and Home on the Range of course

• Minion

Lincoln isn't going anywhere and I can tell you that with certainty. TDA is currently looking at special AP events much like the Glow with the Show event and Soundsational even last October, but to screen classic films in the Lincoln lobby. It would not be a regular thing and only happen on very select nights this upcoming fall.

And Al is greatly exaggerating/mistaken when he talks about Lincoln's popularity. The current version is bringing in more people than ever and the addition of the Voices of Liberty have led to the theater being well over 65% full. I have seen the Voices of Liberty on a number of occasions and they have drawn a very decent-sized crowd every time.

Again, Lincoln is not going anywhere. This is just a lot of panic over absolutely nothing.

Voices of Liberty holds the all-time attendace record for that theater. Over 400 people for a single show on July 17. That's the most in it's 47 year history.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Lincoln isn't going anywhere and I can tell you that with certainty. TDA is currently looking at special AP events much like the Glow with the Show event and Soundsational even last October, but to screen classic films in the Lincoln lobby. It would not be a regular thing and only happen on very select nights this upcoming fall.

And Al is greatly exaggerating/mistaken when he talks about Lincoln's popularity. The current version is bringing in more people than ever and the addition of the Voices of Liberty have led to the theater being well over 65% full. I have seen the Voices of Liberty on a number of occasions and they have drawn a very decent-sized crowd every time.

Again, Lincoln is not going anywhere. This is just a lot of panic over absolutely nothing.
    Exactly what I figured... More Al said this so it's fact nonsense... Honestly idk why they would even consider not bringing voices of liberty back next summer (or even this Christmas). When I was there a couple weeks ago the theater was 3/4 full all 4 times we went and saw the show (even the one time voices of liberty weren't there). This has without a doubt been the busiest summer I've seen for that attraction. I always take what Al says with a grain of salt when it comes to stuff like this... He is right about the main picture most of the time, but sometimes the details get lost in his attempts to create drama.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

At noon this Saturday, there was easily well north of 100 people in the theatre for Lincoln/Voices of Liberty. I must say, I'd rather Voices of Liberty just do some songs on Main Street, the Voices/Lincoln combo is just a bit more of a time investment than I'd like to make, but they are definitely putting butts in seats.

• Insomniac

^^Thats kind of the point. Every butt in a seat = one less butt in line for Indi.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• -

Actually I would much rather see them have special AP movie screenings using the World of Color mist screens. If they want to really be creative, they can even synchronize the fountains to key parts of the movie. This would work particularly well with Fantasia where it can be synced to the music.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Seeker of Fun

Any idea if the Voices of Liberty will be sticking around until the end of the year?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually I would much rather see them have special AP movie screenings using the World of Color mist screens. If they want to really be creative, they can even synchronize the fountains to key parts of the movie. This would work particularly well with Fantasia where it can be synced to the music.
    I guess it depends on how they want to do the event...

If its a free even then I think the theater makes sense but if you PAY to see it then they'll put the time and money into using WOC to show movies

Also the Theater just allows for more movies to be shown since they can just switch the film while WOC will take a lot more effort to show different movies every week/month

The show should be shipped to DC and the Smithsonian. Many people don't even know who Lincoln is anymore......especially in SoCal. Sad, but true......

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Also the Theater just allows for more movies to be shown since they can just switch the film while WOC will take a lot more effort to show different movies every week/month
    Actually, if they have a selection of movies in advance, they can preprogram everything so it is as simple as running the correct program on the night of the movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

^ This. Al's report is not accurate; in fact VoL has dramatically increased Lincoln's attendance. Yesterday, the preshow lobby was completely full (never seen that in my life) and the theatre itself was 50-65% from my judgement. Only two people left after the VoL concert was done.

I had mistakenly thought VoL was taking place in Lincoln's lobby, not inside his theatre. Acoustics didn't seem too great for live voice but it was still excellent.

I, too, never leave the theatre with a dry eye, though I did prefer the 90's version that ended with Golden Dream...but that's OK.

I saw many movies in Lincoln's theatre in the 90's as a CM; it was a treat to go there after hours and see something for free. This was before TDA was built. Now, they screen most stuff back there but I think it's great that they want to let APs enjoy this theatre again.

Has nothing to do with Lincoln.

---------- Post added 08-05-2012 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Any idea if the Voices of Liberty will be sticking around until the end of the year?
    I don't know if they've received their layoff notices, but this weekend's Times guide shows them as "Thru September 16th only"
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, if they have a selection of movies in advance, they can preprogram everything so it is as simple as running the correct program on the night of the movie.
    Hmmmm then yeah WOC would work kinda better because of how many more people it can hold...though standing for and hour and 20 mins....will be a problem for many people...maybe that's why it's going to Disneyland...but if they are smart Disney would use BOTH the Captain EO theater and Lincoln theater to double how many people can see the movie since 400 people is not that much....and really I don't see them doing even over 2 showings of the movie in one night

So unless they want only like 1,000 AP's coming to the event they need another theater

• Parking Lot > DCA

I'm totally fine with this if it brings in foot traffic to an area that needs it. That being said, I also don't really mind if something permanent was done like this. For me, GMWML is one of those one time things.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast