Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Quality not quantity

Re: Lincoln makes way for Disney movies

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^yes...they close the parks..and sometimes show WOC, or Fantasmic or a parade and ONLY Ap's can enter....even if your friends are
    Interesting, but that's technically an after hours event. This movie thing sounds like it will be an AP only event in the park during normal operating hours.

As far as I know, that's a departure for Disney.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^hmmmm yeah that is kinda weird....if they do that I'd of thought it would just cause confusion and people to to be angry not able to do everything in park because they don't have an AP

Since Aug 23 is coming up quickly, I have been expecting to see something on the Disney AP site about this, but nothing has shown up. I just called the AP line and the operator went off to check and came back with the answer that it's not going to happen. I know that sometimes the rumor mill gets better info than the CMs, but, two weeks out, you'd think someone at DL would know about it if it were going to happen. Does anyone have any more info?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I like this idea, but it's too bad the attraction's not doing well. It's always struck as a bit out of place in a Disney park, but still nice to see. I just don't think most people get why there's a Lincoln attraction in a Disney park. I say we all tell them the low attendance is due to Miley's photo still being on the wall.
    Why is it out of place in a Disney park? Have you ever seen the Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, the American Adventure, Enchanted Tiki Room, etc. Not everything in a Disney park has to be a roller coaster you know.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Interesting, but that's technically an after hours event. This movie thing sounds like it will be an AP only event in the park during normal operating hours.

As far as I know, that's a departure for Disney.
    It's not something new. There are annual passholder previews when new things open that take place during normal hours. It happened this year with Cars Land and last year with Star Tours and the mermaid ride.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Not everything in a Disney park has to be a roller coaster you know.
    Or a movie tie-in.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former Cast Member

Remember the reason why it is there, is because Walt had an admiraiton for this great man who held this country together. My opinion about the lack of guests is this and I truly believe it and remember what I am going to say represents the majority of today's society, butI know there is a % of people that are different from the norm. In today's society, people just don't like anything to do with history, especially their own country's history. It seems like today's people are not pariotic, unless some catastrophie happens, like 9-11 and then you see all the flag waving. I see this all the time at the flag retreat ceremony, especially during the playing of our National Anthem. Citizens of this country who are in the park, just cannot spend a few minutes honoring our country by showing respect, especially the younger crowd and it is shameful. Watching sporting events and the Olympics, the majority of athletes and spectators cannot and won't sing the Naitonal Athem when it is played, but yet seeing other countries athems being played, you can see the proudness being displayed when those country men and women sing , with pride their respective anthems. So, again Lincoln represents history and in today's society the Majority and I repeat, the majority of Americans could care less about their country's past, plain and simple, except for that small minority, like myself, who do. And that is truly sad.

• -

I don't think that the majority of people are disinterested in history. There is enough of an interest in it to warrant there being a History Chanel and a History Chanel 2.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Insomniac

^^Yes, the idea that very few people care about history is silly, however, I agree that there are many that couldn't care less about it. We have 2 History Channels, Biography channel, Military channel, Science Channel, Discover, Discovery Health, Ivestigation Discovery, NatGeo, NatGeo Wild, Animal Planet, ect that all emphasize history, science, and knowledge. Compare that to how many hundreds of channels there are about teenage dribble, sex scandals, and the worst of all Kardashians (shutters) and you can get a good idea of the proportion that care about knowing history, science, ect and the proportion that care about mind numbing dribble.

Back on topic though, the problem with Lincoln is not interest, it's not a hate of history, it's not even just the publics unwillingness to sit for 20 minutes, it is the location. Guests enter the park in the morning before it gets hot and want to get Fastpasses for indy, star tours, ect so they walk past it. During the middle of the day when it is hot (the best time for shows like Lincoln) guests don't want to walk down main street so they go to Innoventions, tiki room, small world, and other air conditioned attractions to cool off. At night no one cares to sit in an air conditioned building for 20 minutes not to mention walk down main street to get to it. If Lincoln was at the end of Main street (like Hall of the Presidents is in Magic Kingdom or Tiki Room) it would be much more popular. I just hope it doesn't have the same fate that Country Bear jamboree had.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

I would like to set the record straight (again) and say that Lincoln is absolutely NOT slated to be removed at any time in the near future. TDA just rehabbed that area of Main Street and they are not looking to remove Lincoln. In fact, the current version of Lincoln is bringing more crowds into the theater than any other previous version and with the addition of the Voices of Liberty, Lincoln is playing to 75% full theaters.

I'll say it again, Lincoln isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

What about replacing it with a popular attraction in Florida, Tokyo, and Hong Kong that California still doesn't have- Mickey's Philharmagic? Or maybe they could just repurpose the old fantasyland theater for that.

• Vroom, vroom!

Sorry, Don't feel like doing seven pages of reading.
    ANYHOW
    I have not ever actually been on that attraction, but I can tell you how my family reacted when I said I wanted to check it out.
    to quote, "Why? you can watch a documentary at home, and the animatronic all it does is stand up, give a quick speech and its over."
    So, yeah that might be part of the reason there.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MTPN View Post
    What about replacing it with a popular attraction in Florida, Tokyo, and Hong Kong that California still doesn't have- Mickey's Philharmagic? Or maybe they could just repurpose the old fantasyland theater for that.
    No thank you, I have seen Philharmagic, or half of it anyway. I slept through the rest. I would much rather have Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    Sorry, Don't feel like doing seven pages of reading.
    ANYHOW
    I have not ever actually been on that attraction, but I can tell you how my family reacted when I said I wanted to check it out.
    to quote, "Why? you can watch a documentary at home, and the animatronic all it does is stand up, give a quick speech and its over."
    So, yeah that might be part of the reason there.
    You should go see it before you pass judgement. It is so much more than you are describing. First of all it is one of the most advanced animatronics that Disney has ever made.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No thank you, I have seen Philharmagic, or half of it anyway. I slept through the rest. I would much rather have Lincoln.

You should go see it before you pass judgement. It is so much more than you are describing. First of all it is one of the most advanced animatronics that Disney has ever made.
    While I agree keep Lincoln...Philharmagic is still a good show..and most people do like it

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    While I agree keep Lincoln...Philharmagic is still a good show..and most people do like it
    That's true. The theater was packed when I went. Maybe it was just so hyped up that I went into it expecting too much. It just didn't hold my interest.

• Insomniac

^^I doubt Disney will do many more 3D shows in the future since 3D movies are becoming less of a novelty these days. Having said that, I like Philharmagic, but I wouldn't want anything to replace Lincoln.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567