Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Lincoln makes way for Disney movies

According to the front age of Miceage.com from Al:

The addition of Voices of Liberty out front this summer has done nothing to help the low attendance at the Mr. Lincoln show. Beginning August 23rd the theater is going to be used for special AP screenings of classic Disney movies on select evenings through October. APs will be able to vote online or at the park for which movies they want to see on the big screen, and then sign up for specific dates and specific movies. The upcoming AP movie nights should be the busiest the 400 seat Mr. Lincoln theater has been in decades

What are your guys opinion on this?
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Re: Lincoln makes way for Disney movies

I just hope that there will still be days that the classic attraction will be shown. I'm glad to see that the theatre is going to see some kind of traffic, though.

• I'm a Lutheran

Sounds like either a quick fix or just a reason to shut it down. That's really too bad, didn't it reopen just a couple of years ago?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• formerly very helpful

Does this mean that Lincoln will still be shown in the daytime?

• Banned User

I like this idea, but it's too bad the attraction's not doing well. It's always struck as a bit out of place in a Disney park, but still nice to see. I just don't think most people get why there's a Lincoln attraction in a Disney park. I say we all tell them the low attendance is due to Miley's photo still being on the wall.

• -

As long as it's not a permanent replacement, I'm fine with it. It may be kind of fun. However they better not use it as an excuse to get rid of this classic attraction.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I personally like the attraction, but I believe the major issue of the attraction is its location. Most people just hop on by going either to Space Mountain or Indiana Jones for the beginning of the day, and won't return to Main Street til they have to leave the park or for shopping. I'm not sure there is any real way to spice up this attraction. But I hope it will exist for years to come.
    Jeff Wayne

• Banned User

if it doesn't attract people there's no need to make an "excuse" to get rid of it, they just will. However, I doubt that APs are ones neglecting it.

• Minion

I think it's a good idea. I remember the theater getting quite a bit of traffic the year of the 50th with the Disneyland Story. I think Mr. Lincoln himself is just not very exciting. It was different when audio-animatronics were the height of innovation and Mr. Lincoln looked so very much like Lincoln, but the vast majority of people do not come to Disneyland for a history lesson. Not when there's other attractions to see and little time to see them. And the technology is hardly cutting edge anymore.

Which disney classic movies are we talking here???

• Banned User

Eventually, they might take out Lincoln because his showbuilding is bigger than the Emporium, and because when GMWML came out, it was a novelty. Then WDW went with Hall of Presidents, which is much more impressive, and rides like HM and Pirates have many more anmatronics.

There have been plans for literally decades for using the east side of Main Street (backstage area) to build another turn of the century street, and perhaps add a ride. This would involve tunnels for CMs to stock the shops, btw. If they ever do this, they'll probably eye the Lincoln show building as it could accomodate a Mr. Toad sized ride, or more if they rebuilt it.

Because they didn't do the arcade, for crowd control, like Al hinted at, I think they might go with a Main Street expansion in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I personally like the attraction, but I believe the major issue of the attraction is its location. Most people just hop on by going either to Space Mountain or Indiana Jones for the beginning of the day, and won't return to Main Street til they have to leave the park or for shopping. I'm not sure there is any real way to spice up this attraction. But I hope it will exist for years to come.
    I agree with the above post.
    I personally really enjoy the Lincoln show but I know myself and DBF are the minority here. It will be sad to see it go if it does, but I will be waiting to hear more about signing up for the AP events as we will be in the parks in Sept.
    Hopefully it will be still running the Lincoln show in Dec when I visit with Mom, she loves this attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
    Which disney classic movies are we talking here???
    Good question. Are they gonna pull stuff from the vault? :/

If it needs to go it needs to go. I've said before, this classic attraction doesn't deserve to live the last years of its life on the life support of "nostalgia's sake"

Do an event or something, and send lincoln off with some dignity.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• I'm a Lutheran

There's only one solution to the up the attraction's popularity:

Great Moments with Mr.

Name:  Abraham_Lincoln_-_Vampire_Hunter_Poster.jpg
Views: 2629
Size:  45.7 KB
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast