• Disneyland Original '55

Paths? Fantasy Faire Village

Looking at this art work I am already getting majorly excited to see the outcome of this project but I don't want the area disrupting the hub. In the top photo we see the layout of the land in full with what seems to be a red path marking the current paths in the Carnation Gardens Area but there are three paths that start to concern me. The brownish tan paths marked in the layout, two headed toward the hub, one heading under the front imagineer's arm is an existing path to fantasyland. Are the two paths marking new paths outward or are they just for desgins sake? Also I thought the tangled tower was to be a backdrop building in the new area, not the fountain I had hoped the fountain would be a reference to the under represented movie of Beauty and the Beast as the fountain belle reads to sheep on in the opening number of that movie.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Paths? Fantasy Faire Village

I believe that is the additional bridge being built over the nearby waterway. It will be used for the extended meet-and-greet queue in order to keep it from spilling into the Hub.

• Under that tree again!

Currently there are 3 bridges to the area, the northern one splitting into two. What I find to be a bigger concern is the southern bridge in the model is angled to the south. It looks like it would reach the hub by the coffee stand.

As slow as they are tearing down, there is a good possibility this model is not the final plan.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I just hope they don't build that building with the huge blue roof. That thing is ugly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

I have a few questions. Are the princesses gonna be inside these buildings or outside? Also, what will be in the tent (old dance floor). Also the path will still continue to FrontierLand, right?

And did I read this right? there are building a new bridge to cross the water? Wider than the existing bridges? crossing near the castle or near the coffee stand?

• -

I really hope that there is no opening to Main Street. It is bad enough that they are building a medieval village on Main Street without it actually opening up into turn-of-the-century America.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I assume the stage and tent area will be where the meet and greets take place.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

The meet-and-greet will take place inside the village facades. The stage area will host princess shows throughout the day and swing dancing at night.

The Frontierland tunnel will remain.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really hope that there is no opening to Main Street. It is bad enough that they are building a medieval village on Main Street without it actually opening up into turn-of-the-century America.
    Yeah...but the castle and giant mountain are fine....ohhh and the Sign for Frontierland..and adventureland and Astro Orbitals and Pixie Hallow....cause for years Main Street has just felt so off with these things?

This is really not a big deal...its the HUB it connects ALL lands into one point....it's ok to see other lands from this point....you can see Space in the Hub? Should we remove it? How about Star Tours?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The meet-and-greet will take place inside the village facades. The stage area will host princess shows throughout the day and swing dancing at night.

The Frontierland tunnel will remain.
    Thank you for pointing this out. All of these things above have been stated by Disney months go.

• Minion

Not that I particularly miss it, but I know some people who care--will Music in the Parks return to the Fantasy Faire stage?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yeah...but the castle and giant mountain are fine....ohhh and the Sign for Frontierland..and adventureland and Astro Orbitals and Pixie Hallow....cause for years Main Street has just felt so off with these things?

This is really not a big deal...its the HUB it connects ALL lands into one point....it's ok to see other lands from this point....you can see Space in the Hub? Should we remove it? How about Star Tours?
    Thank you for this post.

I want to mention that PFF is in the WAY BACK of Main Street, where I'm sure a lot of people don't even know it is Main Street. I could see if they were putting this smack dab where the Penny Arcade or the Emporium is.