Disneyland weekday - avoid early entry or party

I am new here, first post. Transplant from another message board, there seems to be more Disneyland knowledge over here.

Me and my daughter are going to do one weekday in Disneyland the first week of October with 1 day tickets, no early entry. I have been in October but usually stay a few days instead of 1. Our primary goal is getting on RSR.

I am looking at two days, a Wed with DCA early entry (I assume) or a Tue with the Halloween party that night. We want to do DCA in the morning, Disneyland in the late afternoon and back to DCA for the Mad T Party. I checked touring plans and the ranks are about the same for both days.

I am leaning towards Wed but concerned RSR will be a problem with early entries that day. My concern with Tue is Disneyland will start to get crowded with party goers in addition to people moving over to DCA. I'm aware this may be a dumb question since no one has experience with RSR in Oct yet but thought I would get some opinions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sand2270; 08-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland weekday - avoid early entry or party

Well so you know....Carsland FP do not start being handed out until the parks opens....so if you go early you can walk onto rides like Toy Story...ToT and Soarin.....

As of right now anyway prepare to lose 40 mins to waiting in line if you get in line around 8 in the morning for Racers

Sorry should have clarified we won't have early entry tickets, one day tickets driving up from San Diego. I didn't realize the FP tickets don't get distributed until park opening so that's good to know.

Edited my first post to include that info.

First of all, you should forget about what Touring Plans says...they have become next to useless since Carsland opened.

Enter DCA at park opening and immediately get in line for RSR fastpasses. They run out quickly. Once you have them, go about the rest of your day as you see fit.

Thanks that's good to know about touring plans. The plan has been to hit DCA first and get FP's, my concern is not having early entry if we go on a Wed. but my gut says avoid the party day since that will drive more people to DCA in the evening. I'm probably over thinking it, it's not the first time lol. Since it's only one day I am trying to figure out how to make the most of our time.

ok for a week day in october you nay want to be prepaired for there to be no mad tea party and the parks to not open tell 10:00 am at least what i have seen in the past it is the off seson

Yeah I was expecting the 10am open times. T party isn't a must, I want to go in the middle of the week to try and avoid weekends crowds, so ok with the limited hours, etc.

• I'm wishing

Keep an eye on how RSR is doing as far as break downs when we get to September. It's been frustrating lately trying to ride it again, it's either been an incredibly long line and I haven't gotten in line at all, or the two times I got in line it broke down and I ended up giving up. I hope they work out the kinks with the new ride by October, but if it's still breaking down fairly regularly you may want to put RSR on your first day, just in case that day doesn't pan out and you need to do it your second day.

Otherwise, Disneyland and California Adventure are usually great in October. I'm planning to spend a day there with family on October 2nd and do the Halloween Party that night!

Thanks, we are only doing one day so RSR is our priority. I have read about the multiple breakdowns so am aware it may not happen . My daughter was there in July when it went down for a day or two and they never made it on.

However if it doesn't happen oh well, we'll be back.

I think I am set on Wed, but concerned about the fastpass situation since we won't have early entry.

• Minion

As stated above, FP distribution doesn't start until park opening hours. That said, everyone who's already in the park for Magic Mornings will likely grab one. I'd show up 20 min or so prior to official opening and just head straight to RSR to secure your FP. You should be fine if that's the first thing you do when you walk into the gate.