Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Big Thunder Mountain Set to Close Down for a Lengthy Referbishment

I have one request:

PLEASE OH PLEASE....fix the doors on the last drop!

• The best wealth is health

Date anyone?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I have one request:

PLEASE OH PLEASE....fix the doors on the last drop!
    This. So much.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    This. So much.
    When was the last time those doors worked?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    NO WAY am I or should ANYONE accpept NextGen in a Disneyland park ESPECIALLY Tony's first E-Ticket! Next Gen is the biggest artistic travesty to ever be foisted upon a Disney park audience. There is already the entire town of Rainbow Ridge and the queue goes up RIGHT NEXT to the splash down finale! How much MORE interactives can you get than THAT?? NO WAY are we going to allow Florida's tech trashy decisions disgrace this classic. Tony better fight like hell on this. NextGen will eat up at LEAST a third of the budget. I cannot believe they are even going to try this w/ an AP Majority crowd.
    You have no clue what they are adding yet....at least wait for the announcement before hating on it

Many people liked the new Q's for Pooh, Dumbo and HM at WDW....just many "older" members don't like new things and hate on it...without even going through the Q

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    When was the last time those doors worked?
    probably darn close to when the ride opened. I have VERY vague memories of seeing them work once, back when I was very young, but I could be wrong on that. It would put it around 1980 I think.

• Parking Lot > DCA

NO WAY am I or should ANYONE accpept NextGen in a Disneyland park ESPECIALLY Tony's first E-Ticket! Next Gen is the biggest artistic travesty to ever be foisted upon a Disney park audience. There is already the entire town of Rainbow Ridge and the queue goes up RIGHT NEXT to the splash down finale! How much MORE interactives can you get than THAT?? NO WAY are we going to allow Florida's tech trashy decisions disgrace this classic. Tony better fight like hell on this. NextGen will eat up at LEAST a third of the budget. I cannot believe they are even going to try this w/ an AP Majority crowd.
    video games, touch screens, and loud banging noises and games.
    I myself am usually an advocate for not adding stuff like this also, but we have literally zero idea at this point what it could entail. I am pretty sure (and call me crazy) we won't be getting anything like WDW's Haunted Mansion received. If it's subtle enough, adds to the attraction in terms of theme and overall experience, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I myself am usually an advocate for not adding stuff like this also, but we have literally zero idea at this point what it could entail. I am pretty sure (and call me crazy) we won't be getting anything like WDW's Haunted Mansion received. If it's subtle enough, adds to the attraction in terms of theme and overall experience, why not?
    Well if Tony Baxter has taken the lead on this project, maybe a Hannah Montana related queue and story?

I do hope that with the numbers coming in for the resort will promote and encourage TDA and the decision makers to give this a proper refurb to bring the ride into the minds of the modern quest. I can't remember the last time the line was longer than 25 minutes, people seems less and less interested in the ride, and I hope a good revitalization is in store, and I believe that Mr. Baxter will wanna see some good changes to the ride, especially after having a good 33 years to reflect on what could've been done differently or better.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Well if Tony Baxter has taken the lead on this project, maybe a Hannah Montana related queue and story?
    Name:  1272613036315.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  8.4 KB

I can't remember the last time the line was longer than 25 minutes, people seems less and less interested in the ride.....
    Nighttime. Rides on BTMRR are much better at night than day, and every time I have been the night lines seem much longer than during the day.

Frankly, a night ride on BTMRR in the back seat is hands-down my favorite coaster ride out of every coaster I have ever been on. The only thing that even comes close for me is a night ride on The Ninja at Magic Mountain in the front seat.

• 5 Star

I highly doubt Disney is putting touch screens and video games into the queue of a ride themed in Frontier Land. Like others have said, we have no idea what they are planning.

What comes to mind for me would be something like Potato Head from TSMM. It's new tech and interactive, but doesn't make the queue feel overly modern. Im not saying Disney is going to put a talking cowboy animatronic in line, but maybe they'll do something on par with Potato Head as far as overall vision goes.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Nighttime. Rides on BTMRR are much better at night than day, and every time I have been the night lines seem much longer than during the day.

Frankly, a night ride on BTMRR in the back seat is hands-down my favorite coaster ride out of every coaster I have ever been on. The only thing that even comes close for me is a night ride on The Ninja at Magic Mountain in the front seat.
    Yea, night rides are quite awesome on BTMRR, but I guess I haven't been to the parks enough during peak season to see the wait increase during the night time.

How about making the first lift more like rainbow caverns??? Use the tech used back then (updated if possible), and get rid of the colored lights making the changes.

Maybe they are going to do a re-design on the lead train to make it possible to bring back the wheels that were removed after the accident?

Maybe if they added some sounds coming out of the mine entrances located along Big Thunder, mining sounds, etc...

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Yea, night rides are quite awesome on BTMRR, but I guess I haven't been to the parks enough during peak season to see the wait increase during the night time.
    I never go during peak season, but it seems the lines are always longer at night.

BTMRR seems to be a people eater as far as coasters go at DL. Anybody know what the PPH is when it is running at full capacity (or at least what it is when FP is not in use)

The line seems MUCH longer when FP is being used on it, and the ride does not seem to be hurting in anyway for riders!

I'm very disappointed to see Big Thunder shut down, as it might be if we go during October. It's one of my most favorite rides, along with Pirates. I think I'm going to have to talk to my parents about maybe pushing it back to September, as I have no idea what the exact closure date will be.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Hooray! Finally BTMMR is getting the love it needs. My last few trips to The Park saw BTMMR closed for whatever reason... the ride was certainly showing it's age. Here's hoping that it will be a great refurb and some new and exciting details. <3

I have to agree with the night rides; BEST part of my evenings at The Park.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast