• Sock Puppet

Cast Members THANK YOU!!!

So I just got back home from my Disneyland Birthday trip over the weekend! I just have to say that what made my celebration even more better combined with my family and the fact that I was at the happiest place on earth was the cast members. On this trip I met a few cast members who you could tell really were meant to be cast members and what mad me even more happy was to see it was younger college kids closer to my age too. A lot of times we here about the older cast members who are really enjoying their job, well these people were what I think Disney is really about. Making you feel at home. I especially want to put out a thank you to cast member Lauren who I met at the T-shirt store on Paradise Pier. She was truly an amazing person and a friendly employee. This is someone who is really enjoying themselves. I was so happy to get the insight from her on starting my own future with the company (I hope too) She gave me really good information and told me about a career website. I was so amazed by her that I gave her a big hug and we had our picture taken. I was just wondering if anyone has seen the true Disney spirit in other cast members? And I also want Lauren to know that she really did make my trip all the more special THANKS!!!

Re: Cast Members THANK YOU!!!

I totally know how you feel! On a recent visit to Disneyland, my friend and I kept meeting Cast Members from our hometown (Whittier) as it is shown on their nametags. We would point it out to them and it would end in a full conversation. It felt like I was talking to my neighbors. A simple smile from a Cast Member can really make your day.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Sock Puppet

That's exactly right I love getting into conversations with cast members! It's funny on our last night in the park it was right after midnight and my mom and I were on Main Street buying a gift and we were in line where a cast member was checking out some people in front of us. My mom and I were shaking because we just had gotten off Splash Mountain and were soaked and it was cold. Well this cast member I think his name was Alex was really again a Disney Dream employee. Now mind you it is midnight and their are grumpy guest, guests that are complaining (be they too cold like us or just exhausted) and the whole time he had on a smile and honestly made us feel like we were so important. On the way back to our hotel my mom and I both said in unison "He's a little too happy for 12 at night" but I now feel that if you really enjoy what your doing those smiles aren't fake and the magic is constantly there!

Agreed on all fronts. Perhaps the warmest I've ever felt in disneyland was on my birthday when we were just strolling around, and an older custodian who was a man touched my shoulder and said "happy birthday son" what a smile I had on.

Disneyland cast members seem to catch a lot of flack from time to time - the infamous "just not the same as what it used be" syndrome. And granted, not all of them excel in their positions, but by and large they really are an outstanding group who take pride in where they are and what they do. If you meet a good one, stop by Guest Services on the way out and asked that the cast member get some sort of special recognition. I'm sure it is well appreciated.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Sock Puppet

That is exactly what I did, I went to guest services and gave recognition to both cast members! This was the first time I had done it before and It felt so good doing it!

Cast Members Do Rock!

My family has had numerous experiences where CMs touched us in a special way ( OK pull your minds out of the gutter! LOL!). When my daughter went through her princess phase several princess CMs impressed me by making her feel special and giving her their full attention and even kneeling to bring themselves to her level. They seemed sincerely interested and whether they were or not, she bought it. Seeing my daughter beaming and having such a great time brought tears to my eyes. I believe CMs receive extensive training on guest interaction. I think they have a "performance culture" and when they step out into the park to do their jobs they are stepping onto a stage and entering the spotlight. I saw actual evidence of this once when waiting for one of the parades to start up from the Small World end of the park. The fence was opened enough to see some of the CMs and they were talking and hanging lose. When the music started up they put on their "stage faces" (best smiles) and marched out. I do not mean to say that CMs are insincere or faking it. They are in the business of providing customer service all day (and night) long and it takes a certain type of person to do that well. I have received exceptional customer service from CMs at many levels and very much appreciate the lengths to which they will go for guests. THANKS!