Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: What to do with the Starcade...

Please don't take away my Ms. Pac Man!

Yes, I would like to see the front reskinned as the Grid version of Flynn's Arcade, and mix in a play area for current gen Disney home video titles, and some thought put into a quality mix of games in the area. The problem with the Starcade is that it is too small, and it feels like an afterthought.

The surprising, stealth rebirth of the American arcade | Ars Technica

If there is someone in management who cared, the secret would be 80s music (like Flynn's Arcade in elecTRONica), dedicated staff who can make repairs, a rotation of units every few months to keep it fresh, new Japanese units like the article suggests, and perhaps food or a juice bar being offered instead of Phineas and Ferb merchandise. The bar could serve VitaminWater also, and have boxed in "arcade unit" iPads for the Disney home games like Wreck-It-Ralph and Where's My Water. I know they can do this, because they did at this year's E3.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    The upstairs would be home to the 3D printer aspect of the exhibit. Here guests would find many large glass tubes with 3D printed Disney landmarks like Sleeping Beauty's castle, Space Mountain, ect inside on display. A large glass window lets guests look into a large room filled with 3D printers that are busy printing off 3D objects. Off to the side guests can order custom made 3D printed objects (custom made by customers either downstairs or at home that can be printed using Disney's 3D printers), a selection of small preprinted objects (key chains, figurines, ect), or the much larger and very expensive park landmarks that are on display in the glass tubes. This would allow guests to purchase custom made souvenirs, which have become very popular. If guests order custom printed objects, they would obviously not be available for immediate pick up, so guests would have to give a delivery address and have them shipped.
    At first, I didn't quite understand what this "3D printing" thing was, so I looked it up. WOW. You might be onto something here. Something like this could be hugely popular at the Parks, especially with Disney designs.

• Closed Account

It should be a Flynn's Arcade entrance and queue to a "Tron on the Peoplemover track" attraction. Should have been made into Flynn's Arcade over 25 years ago.

• Insomniac

Yeah 3D printing is going to be huge in the future! Imagine instead of buying a product, you buy the design of the product and print it out using your home computer. They have also been developing 3D printers that print buildings! It's going to revolutionize so many areas it's really going to be fun to watch as the technology improves.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I know exactly what to put there:

^^ Seriously love that shopped img.

But What about Virtual Space Mtn from Disney Quest? IDK if they are still there (my last time there was 2000), I kinda doubt it, but its fun enough to warrant the space required and best meets location theme.

Virtual Space Mountain @ Disney Quest in Florida - Theme Park Critic

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'd go with at least using the top Story as as small replacement for Intoventions when it leaves the resort, show off some new tech...and maybe make the bottom arcade Flynns..with a Wreak it Ralph Game in there
    Perfect idea me thinks.

A Flynns with a nod to TRON plus the Wreck-It Ralph game sounds great.

If they revamp the Innoventions building, most of the "real interesting" can fit into the upstairs area. BTW- Need more SW ships!

Here's hoping they read this! (BTW - The Innoventions building.... MISSION TO IO.... would be an EXCELLENT attraction!)

Oh what memories this little short brought up.I used to love these when I was a kid many many years ago. Thanks for posting it.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTea View Post

Yes please!!!

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

I have two different thoughts, both probably not quite in sync with the prevailing popular opinion...

1. Gut the Starcade AND Mickey's Star Traders and put in a REALLY, really wonderful Star Tours post-show and a retail shop featuring only Star Wars-inspired/themed merchandise with nary a crappy plush doll in sight.

2. Gut the Starcade completely and make it the indoor queue for Space Mountain. Additionally, enclose the Space Mountain queue from the Starcade to the current Fastpass/Standby junction. This would make the entire queue for Space Mountain indoors and air conditioned. With Space Mountain's queue pulled towards the side of Tomorrowland, that would be a perfect opportunity to tear out the Pizza Port and put it out of our misery once and for all. Then that space, combined with the Magic Eye Theatre, could be developed into a new and interesting attraction.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!

• The doctor is in

Making it a permanent Flynn's Arcade would be awesome. The whole Tron theme fits perfectly in Tomorrowland.

• Big Hockey Fan

Making it a future loading area for Peoplemover would be best, and an extended more detailed queue for Space Mountain

• Blew By You

I'm thinking about a really good sit down restaurant, with a view of the inside of Space Mountain. Don't make it look modern. Make it look inviting, comfortable, and clean.

I am all for Flynn's Arcade!

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTea View Post

now that looks good...

the problem with the whole realistic future thing is that it will become real eventually and will need replacing again! and it is probably already being developed somewhere where the appearance of these things will be faster than imagineering feels it so...

i believe the best bet for Tomorrowland is to make it SciFi themed... they do not necessarily have to be aliens/Outer Space (although Star Tours and Space Mountain is already there) but something that involves those themes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast