Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHatTrick View Post
    Making it a future loading area for Peoplemover would be best, and an extended more detailed queue for Space Mountain
    People mover ain't coming back... I do like the idea of a new Space queu though. Since they removed the speed ramps, the queue has been lacking. I wouldn't mind taking the queue through the Starcade.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  2. #32

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    ^^ Seriously love that shopped img.

    But What about Virtual Space Mtn from Disney Quest? IDK if they are still there (my last time there was 2000), I kinda doubt it, but its fun enough to warrant the space required and best meets location theme.

    Virtual Space Mountain @ Disney Quest in Florida - Theme Park Critic
    Why have a virtual Space Mountain when the real thing is right next door?

    ---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 05:28 AM ----------

    How about an updated Cosmic Ray's but a lounge serving non-alcoholic beverages with a tapa's style menu?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  3. #33

    • Vroom, vroom!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Duarte, California.
    Posts
    773

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    You know how old this idea is here on micchat?

    So old, that I think it was one of the earliest things I have ever posted on. Way back.

    To be honest, I think that Tomorrowland in general needs a complete re-do, but the starcade is a waste of space. No clue what can be done. Most ideas I have read sound good, but only one plan can rule them all.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.


    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    143

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The air hockey should be preserved at all costs.
    No, they need to bring this guy out of storage:

    Name:  640px-Whack-a-Alien.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  67.2 KB

    Actually I like the idea of a 3D Printer exhibit as part of a larger Future Tech rotating exhibit, whether it's a smaller, continued version of Innoventions, or part of the (sometimes tossed about) Stark Expo, or something entirely new; but there are a number of 3D Printer technologies out there and you'd have to probably focus on just one, simple, easily, & cheaply run machine for making items to be taken home. I'd like to suggest either the MakerBot Replicator, a plastics-based machine from MakerBot Industries, or the Candyfab 6000, a candy-based machine (!) from Evil Mad Scientist Labs (!!). How many people would like to have their own designs printed in sugar to take home & eat?

    Oh, and I've gotta add this article of a miniature exoskeleton that was 3D printed for a toddler with a rare muscle disease, the exoskeleton allows her to lift her arms above her head for the first time in her life! http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/3d-print/
    Last edited by Freddie Freelance; 08-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.

  5. #35

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    They could always do what they should have done with the Starcade and Pizza Port to begin years ago... make it a replica of Pizza Planet from Toy Story.

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Disneyland or Staples Center
    Posts
    350

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    How about making it something like DisneyQuest?


    Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013



  7. #37

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Freelance View Post
    No, they need to bring this guy out of storage:

    Name:  640px-Whack-a-Alien.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  67.2 KB

    Actually I like the idea of a 3D Printer exhibit as part of a larger Future Tech rotating exhibit, whether it's a smaller, continued version of Innoventions, or part of the (sometimes tossed about) Stark Expo, or something entirely new; but there are a number of 3D Printer technologies out there and you'd have to probably focus on just one, simple, easily, & cheaply run machine for making items to be taken home. I'd like to suggest either the MakerBot Replicator, a plastics-based machine from MakerBot Industries, or the Candyfab 6000, a candy-based machine (!) from Evil Mad Scientist Labs (!!). How many people would like to have their own designs printed in sugar to take home & eat?

    Oh, and I've gotta add this article of a miniature exoskeleton that was 3D printed for a toddler with a rare muscle disease, the exoskeleton allows her to lift her arms above her head for the first time in her life! This 3D-Printed Exoskeleton Could One Day Turn You Into a Cyborg | Danger Room | Wired.com
    Disney would not invest in a cheaper machine that are used by hobbyists. They would invest in either their own custom build machines, or 20-40 thousand dollar commercial machines (like the ones they probably already use at WDI). I do like your idea of having candy printed merch though. I've heard from a friend who knows someone who owns a similar candy printing machine and he said its pretty cool. The possibilities really are endless since manufacturing time/ cost can be reduced so drastically if 3D printers are used.

    And thanks for sharing that link btw! Pretty amazing stuff that technology can do.
    Last edited by Bronco21; 08-16-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    156

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Why have a virtual Space Mountain when the real thing is right next door?

    ---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 05:28 AM ----------

    How about an updated Cosmic Ray's but a lounge serving non-alcoholic beverages with a tapa's style menu?
    Because it was by name only, you first built your track on a console or selected from a variety of prebuilt ones that were rated by intensity. Read up on it for more

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    143

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Disney would not invest in a cheaper machine that are used by hobbyists. They would invest in either their own custom build machines, or 20-40 thousand dollar commercial machines (like the ones they probably already use at WDI). I do like your idea of having candy printed merch though. I've heard from a friend who knows someone who owns a similar candy printing machine and he said its pretty cool. The possibilities really are endless since manufacturing time/ cost can be reduced so drastically if 3D printers are used.
    Oh I agree they'd want a processional level machine, one that would have the highest up-time and the lowest time to completion of an object, but the lower level machines have cheaper printing media and are actually used quite often by professionals. You could have 10-15 MakerBot Replicators for the cost of just one of the big commercial machines, and although the quality of the big machines is better, after a point quantity has a quality all its own.

  10. #40

    • Ashleighe Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    I thought the same for years. Though pizza port is very nostalgic for me

    ---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

    They should do something reminiscent of the house of the future. I think that was one of the greatest past attractions they had. Plus it really showed the innovation of disney because people couldn't believe that you could cook a meal in 10 mins a-la microwave oven. Gone are the days of monsanato and the franken-fruit, and I fear with that Tomorrow land has lost its cutting edge. I still love tomorrow land. its arguably one of my favorite lands. However I'm sure they will start looking to update a few of the attractions.

  11. #41

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleighe Gray View Post
    I thought the same for years. Though pizza port is very nostalgic for me

    ---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

    They should do something reminiscent of the house of the future. I think that was one of the greatest past attractions they had. Plus it really showed the innovation of disney because people couldn't believe that you could cook a meal in 10 mins a-la microwave oven. Gone are the days of monsanato and the franken-fruit, and I fear with that Tomorrow land has lost its cutting edge. I still love tomorrow land. its arguably one of my favorite lands. However I'm sure they will start looking to update a few of the attractions.
    You mean like the dream home in Innoventions that everyone hates?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  12. #42

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    143

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    You mean like the dream home in Innoventions that everyone hates?
    Take it out of Innoventions and put it back into a house that looks like something out of Woody Allen's Sleeper and it would be more popular.





  13. #43

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    Because it was by name only, you first built your track on a console or selected from a variety of prebuilt ones that were rated by intensity. Read up on it for more
    Sorry, don't need to "read up on it for more" as I have been to DisneyQuest in Florida Just what Tomorrowland needs, another simulator....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  14. #44

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Laguna Beach
    Posts
    1

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    Doesn't sound like it would draw a lot of people. A major rehab of that area I think should include (upstairs), a bar type restaurant over looking tomorrowland
    with the outside wall all glass for easy viewing.

  15. #45

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    743

    Re: What to do with the Starcade...

    I couldn't agree more with JneratorX. Although I understand and revere Walt's intent for Tomorrowland to represent the best and brightest of the future yet to come, it's going to be forever dated. With as advanced as technology is today, it's hard to envision things being any more advanced without spilling over into pure imaginary sci-fi. ....and so we should. Just take that leap into the imaginary because the age of the 50's and it's wonder about the future and space are here and already the norm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's up with the sarcasm???
    By ah schucks in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 12:46 PM
  2. What's Up with the Hours???
    By jenlynn in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:07 AM
  3. What's up with the Observatron?
    By Disneymike in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
  4. Peoplemover, TTA (what to do with the track?)
    By Jspider in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
  5. DCA: What to do with the Lake in PP?
    By ganggreen4jc in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •