How is the Jump, Jive, Boogie, Swing Party in Downtown Disney?

Starting May 5, the Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party will be moving to the
    Westside Stage in Downtown Disney District. A live band is scheduled for every
    Saturday night from May 5 to December 29, so get your dancin' shoes ready for
    the same swingin' fun in a new location!

I just saw the announcement for the party moving to DD (I always seem to be 50% out of the loop). Has anyone been? How is it? Years back, I used to go frequently with my girlfriend. With my AP blocked on Saturdays, I haven't been in a long time. It would be great to take a date to dance..if it weren't cheezy? Thanks!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Re: How is the Jump, Jive, Boogie, Swing Party in Downtown Disney?

Swing Dancing is alive and well in DtD every Saturday from 6 - 10 pm. You'll see the stage and dance floor at the western end of DtD, by ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe. You can check the Disneyland website calendar to see which band will be playing. Also, check Downtown Disney Swing and Disney Resort Dance Band Schedule on Facebook for updates, photos, questions, etc. It's not cheesy at all, but since the dance floor is small, it does get pretty crowded.

Thanks so much! That's good to know!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Alive and well and dancing in the dark... They are trying to run the whole show on two outlet circuits in the planter behind the bandstand, and that leaves almost nothing for lighting.

They REALLY need to grab the power line that was feeding the Compass Books Kiosk and put a Temporary "Hitching Post" power outlet there. Then they can shift the Bandstand over to that spot and have enough power for some Stage and Area Lighting.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

It's doing better than it ever was inside Disneyland. More participants, more onlookers, more passerby's, more traffic, more alcohol. If they just beautified the stage a little bit and enlarge the dance floor a little, I'm pretty sure I would request they stay there permanently.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I've only been to the Jump, Jive, Boogie and Swing party while it was in Disneyland and I can say that it was always a good time! I'm a bit shy when it comes to asking people to dance, but I still enjoyed every moment.

The fact that it's moved to DTD is good and bad. Good because it means that more people are able to enjoy the wonderful music and fantastic bands! Bad because the crowds are a lot bigger... the pics I've seen from friends shows the dance floor packed with bodies. Not always a bad thing, but when you're used to one way it can be an odd adjustment.

I highly recommend putting your dancing shoes on and checking it out!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.