Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Fantasyland needs Beauty & the Beast!

Yes, yes, and YES! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney animated feature tied with Alice in Wonderland. The provincial French village that is the setting of the movie is just PERFECT for a theme park environment. I can just imagine walking amongst the village buildings in November with the trees turning orange and red, just like the movie. A Beauty and the Beast subland of Fantasyland would just be perfect especially considering the lasting power of the movie, especially with my generation who is now growing up and all that. I think it would be smart for DL to go the route of a ride instead of an elaborate restaurant and keep Gaston's Tavern as a small scale eating establishment. I would just die if they did this...have it take over the Fantasyland Theatre or old Canal Boat area. Please Disney!

I will say that at WDW it's doing it's job...it's seriously one of the things I look most forward to experiencing on my trip there and definitely a pull for me to go. I was originally thinking this winter but I want to go and experience Snow White coaster so I'm waiting now till 2013.

I couldn't agree more, BATB needs to find a home at dl. Please dont hate me but if it was me i would tear down all of fantasyland and rebuild it so disney could try to consume as much space for following attractions and entertainment and have more space for upcoming attractions. But still it would have to have a charm factor. It would have to be beautifully themed and would have the following movies incorporated into.

.Snow White and The seven Dwarfs
    . Fantasia and fantasia 2000 ( this would just be a garden that would have statues from these movies)
    .Pinnochio
    .Dumbo
    .Bambi
    .Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad
    .Cinderella
    .Alice in wonderland
    .Peter Pan
    .Lady and the tramp
    .Sleeping beauty
    .101 dalmations
    .Sword in the stone
    .Jungle book
    .Robin hood
    .Rescuers 1 and 2
    .Winnie the pooh
    .Fox and the Hound
    .The Black Cauldron
    .Basil-the great mouse detective
    .Oliver and Company
    .The little mermaid
    .Beauty and the beast
    .Aladdin
    .Lion King
    .Pocahontus
    .Hunchback of Notre Dame
    .Hercules
    .Mulan
    .Tarzan
    .Alantis
    .Treasure Planet
    .Emperors New Groove
    .Brother Bear
    .Tinkerbell
    .Princess and the frog
    .Tangled

Ya i know, it's a lot and there's no room for it but I would die for something like this. The whole land would be three times as big as it is now and it would be divided in different sublands. But please dont bash on me for such a big fantasyland just my dream and opinion. But other than that BATB needs to be incorporated into Fantasyland

I'd vote for a copy of it being in Paris first of all.

That would be AMAZING!!!

I really hope Disneyland adds more Beauty and the Beast attractions/restaurants
    maybe after they see how successful it is at WDW (which i'm pretty sure it will be) they'll just bring it on over

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
    Ya i know, it's a lot and there's no room for it but I would die for something like this. The whole land would be three times as big as it is now and it would be divided in different sublands. But please dont bash on me for such a big fantasyland just my dream and opinion. But other than that BATB needs to be incorporated into Fantasyland
    You literally just described Disneyland as it is, just with different movies.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, BATB needs to find a home at dl. Please dont hate me but if it was me i would tear down all of fantasyland and rebuild it so disney could try to consume as much space for following attractions and entertainment and have more space for upcoming attractions. But still it would have to have a charm factor. It would have to be beautifully themed and would have the following movies incorporated into.

.Snow White and The seven Dwarfs
    . Fantasia and fantasia 2000 ( this would just be a garden that would have statues from these movies)
    .Pinnochio
    .Dumbo
    .Bambi
    .Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad
    .Cinderella
    .Alice in wonderland
    .Peter Pan
    .Lady and the tramp
    .Sleeping beauty
    .101 dalmations
    .Sword in the stone
    .Jungle book
    .Robin hood
    .Rescuers 1 and 2
    .Winnie the pooh
    .Fox and the Hound
    .The Black Cauldron
    .Basil-the great mouse detective
    .Oliver and Company
    .The little mermaid
    .Beauty and the beast
    .Aladdin
    .Lion King
    .Pocahontus
    .Hunchback of Notre Dame
    .Hercules
    .Mulan
    .Tarzan
    .Alantis
    .Treasure Planet
    .Emperors New Groove
    .Brother Bear
    .Tinkerbell
    .Princess and the frog
    .Tangled

I think Fantasyland might need a little TLC, but I 100% disagree that it needs an entire rehaul. In many ways, Fantasyland is the heart of Disneyland, and so many of the rides there are classics. Everything from Peter Pan's Flight to King Aurthur's Carousel to Dumbo the Flying Elephants... it just wouldn't be the same without those iconic attractions. I would love to see a few new touches come to Fantasyland, but IMO, it really doesn't need *that* much work.

I could see a Snow White Mine Coaster in the Motor Boat Cruise area......... Although it's a coaster..... similar to Matterhorn, an extension of the "mountains" from Matterhorn due North would increase the thematic shielding of FL from TL... separating the two lands from one another.

One problem is having two "mountain" coasters adjacent to one another...

Another possible solution is a B&TB omnimover attraction. I can only imagine what a "Be Our Guest" scene would be like........ although many would complain it's too similar to AUSA's "Under the Sea" room.......

I could go for either, but each is either a clone or a refresh of an already used ride system....

I would love for them to expand fanatsyland all the way to toon town and put roger rabbit in DCA. That way we could get a lot of room for more dark rides and still keep one of the greatest dark rides!

Would love to see a Brave ride added to Disneyland's Fantasyland.

Also would love to see a Tangled ride.

Beauty and the Beast would also be awesome.

I like how they added some Castles to WDW. I'm in favor of giving every animated hit movie a ride.

They were planning to have this tikiroom-style Beauty and the Beast attraction at Paris. Would've been perfectly fine with that seeing everybody's favorite silverware etc.

To be honest I think Paris needs this first and then Anaheim imo.

Couldn't agree more. I know it might be considered near blasphemy to some, but I think the whole Storybook, Casey Jr. Train, Fantasyland Theater area could be used much better and a WDW like expansion (at least in part) would be awesome.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I have to disagree. I love the movie, but I think Disenyland needs to show a little diversity I think the Frog and the princess in a fast passed coaster type ride would do great
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I have to disagree. I love the movie, but I think Disenyland needs to show a little diversity I think the Frog and the princess in a fast passed coaster type ride would do great
    I think if the Princess and the Frog was ever to come to Disneyland it would work best in New Orleans Square, though I highly doubt they will ever build anything Princess and the Frog.

I really want to leave BATB and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Disney World. Give DL something unique, like Tangled. Tangled just "fits" Fantasyland SO well.

Dump Toontown and turn the entire area into Belle's village, the forest, the castle...

would be amazing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast