Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland needs Beauty & the Beast!

What we need is something original. The Beauty and the Beast presence will be great for MK. Let it stay there. If TDA wants to give us something, let the Imagineers come up with a new concept instead of just copying another.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    I think if the Princess and the Frog was ever to come to Disneyland it would work best in New Orleans Square, though I highly doubt they will ever build anything Princess and the Frog.

I really want to leave BATB and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Disney World. Give DL something unique, like Tangled. Tangled just "fits" Fantasyland SO well.
    A Tangled tower right where the Fantasyland Skyride Station is, with a dark ride underneath & behind it!

Another Fantasyland suggestion I'd like to make: The Subs' ride building goes underneath Autopia almost all the way to Small World and almost all the way to the Motor Boat Lagoon; why not reverse the entry to the ride building to start where the Motor Boat Lagoon is, and make the Subs part of Fantasyland?

• Big Hockey Fan

If they add a subland, why dont they change the names of all lands because all they have amounted to in the past 20 years is marketing franchises, besides main street and frontierland, but adventureland, tomorrowland, critter country and toontown all have movie based franchises. That was meant to stay in fantasyland. Im very sick and tired of all disneys ideas being directly related to franchises. I know this is their new direction they are shooting towards but all they preach is imagination and wishing upon stars. It seems like their imagination has weared thin. If they make a BATB subland, call it BATB land or french countryside.

Personally I think that Beauty and The Beast would be awesome to have but why don't we take another golden Disney film that hasn't been used to it's extent and put more Aladdin in the park, something to really honor the film. I think it would make a great dark ride (can you imagine a Genie audio animatronic). It's also great because it fits not only in Fantasyland but a potential Adventureland ride too.

BATB would be cool as a dark ride instead of the new theatre but that probably won't happen. One can hope though!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DaHatTrick View Post
    If they add a subland, why dont they change the names of all lands because all they have amounted to in the past 20 years is marketing franchises, besides main street and frontierland, but adventureland, tomorrowland, critter country and toontown all have movie based franchises. That was meant to stay in fantasyland. Im very sick and tired of all disneys ideas being directly related to franchises. I know this is their new direction they are shooting towards but all they preach is imagination and wishing upon stars. It seems like their imagination has weared thin. If they make a BATB subland, call it BATB land or french countryside.

Yeah, god forbid they do things that are popular.

• And Dad was my hero.

I think Belle may eventually have a place in DL but I agree it belongs in Paris first.

Along somewhat similar lines of princesses and restaurants. I really live the idea of seeing the snuggly duckling in FL with ruffians and thugs for live entertainment. I'm generally more interested in the older films, but this just makes so much sense to me and could be fantastic without a huge overhaul. I'm not the only one who's thought of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by patton45 View Post
    Dump Toontown and turn the entire area into Belle's village, the forest, the castle...

would be amazing...
    Amen!

---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    What we need is something original. The Beauty and the Beast presence will be great for MK. Let it stay there. If TDA wants to give us something, let the Imagineers come up with a new concept instead of just copying another.
    I didn't know that Disney already had a BATB dark ride. Which park is it at?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post

---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

I didn't know that Disney already had a BATB dark ride. Which park is it at?
    I don't think there's a dark ride but the OP wanted everything BATB-related in Florida to come here. It'd be nice if we got something different. Cinderella is underused, how about her? I'm just not a fan of clones.

• I also like Stitch!

Trackless darkride. That's all I'm saying

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Trackless darkride. That's all I'm saying
    Would be awesome......imagine floating and twirling across the ballroom floor with Belle and Beast! Traveling through the various rooms of the castle and experiencing the great characters and music of this wonderful film?

• Diva Extrodinaire

Use the Motor Boat Cruise area to build a trackless dark ride. Done. Boom.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Quote Originally Posted by patton45 View Post
    Dump Toontown and turn the entire area into Belle's village, the forest, the castle...

would be amazing...
    With this idea in mind, how about turning Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin into an attraction that features Chip (the teacup). Keep the track layout and vehicle design the same, but instead of riding in Benny the Cab, you now ride in Chip and go through the ride in his perspective. Here's the storyline: The entire kitchen is getting ready for dinner and the Chip needs to take a bath. The first scene shows Mrs. Potts and Chip's brothers and sisters washing up and you are approaching the sink. Then, Chip "slips" on a bar of soap which allows you to start spinning the vehicle. After this, the rest of the ride takes you through the castle's kitchen and shows all the different dinner entrees being made. The ride's finale is the Be Our Guest number and you rejoin Chip's family and disembark. The finale would be huge and extravagant, but you won't be able to spin at this point so you can admire the whole thing. That's my idea for a new ride. Hope you guys like it
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Nic

If they did do this, I'd love to see what was scrapped for Disneyland Paris.

A Tiki Room style show, with all the house objects singing various songs from the movie.

Then, a 10-foot animatronic Beast appears behind the curtain in rage.

A live Belle appears from somewhere, grabs a kid from the audience, and haves them present a rose to the Beast to teach them how to love. Then ensues fog, strobe lighting, and other effects to mask a live prince replacing the Beast that goes underground.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123