Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantasyland needs Beauty & the Beast!

Any doubters please take a look at this:

VIDEO: Go Inside Enchanted Tales, Gastonís Tavern, Be Our Guest Restaurant, & Journey of the Little Mermaid in New Fantasyland! | WDW News Today

I'm not a big fan of bringing in copies of stuff found in other parks, but this stuff looks terrific. The one change I would hope for is a Beauty & the Beast dark ride in addition to the Be Our Guest restaurant, Gaston's, shops and meet & greet.

Thoughts?

Re: Fantasyland needs Beauty & the Beast!

I agree 100%! I say they get rid of that small world area that just wastes space for princess Marida along with the old fantasy fair. Of course I think that a ride and Be Our Guest restaurant are the only things that would fit.

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Any doubters please take a look at this:

VIDEO: Go Inside Enchanted Tales, Gastonís Tavern, Be Our Guest Restaurant, & Journey of the Little Mermaid in New Fantasyland! | WDW News Today

I'm not a big fan of bringing in copies of stuff found in other parks, but this stuff looks terrific. The one change I would hope for is a Beauty & the Beast dark ride in addition to the Be Our Guest restaurant, Gaston's, shops and meet & greet.

Thoughts?
    Agree 100%
    They could easily put this in the old motor boat area, the small world extended cue area or take out storybook land and use that space.

No leave storybook land!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As cool as the restaurant is....I'd love to see the old Motorboat area/small world mall become a Beaty and the Beast ride and maybe Gaston Tavern

WDW needs to have SOME things to keep it different from disneyland

• Minion

We don't need the same things. Make both places destinations by giving DLR a different feature. Why not focusing on a different princess? Belle is great, but we have a huge list to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    We don't need the same things. Make both places destinations by giving DLR a different feature. Why not focusing on a different princess? Belle is great, but we have a huge list to pick from.
    But Belle and the French provincial setting are BY FAR the best of what is available.

• Suspended

Beauty and the Beast as envisioned for WDW will not be coming to Disneyland, period. Perhaps they will bring over the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and put it where the lagoon is and part of Autopia and they will unfortunately shut down Snow White's Scary Adventures and hopefully put in a Beauty and the Beast dark ride to replace it.

• Under that tree again!

Disneyland does not need a new restaurant. The ones they have barely reach capacity, and table service dining has plenty of room to expand in current locations.

• -

But Belle and the French provincial setting are BY FAR the best of what is available.
    What about Princess Vespa and Prince Valium?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I would love for this to happen <3 one of my favorite movies of all time.

• Minion

It's only the best because other potential locations haven't been fleshed out. Imagineers only need to be inspired by something and then develop it into a tangible site. Belle's quiet village is being replicated from the movie, but I have no doubt in my mind that Disney couldn't create something new, hence Fantasy Faire.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    It's only the best because other potential locations haven't been fleshed out. Imagineers only need to be inspired by something and then develop it into a tangible site. Belle's quiet village is being replicated from the movie, but I have no doubt in my mind that Disney couldn't create something new, hence Fantasy Faire.
    Yeah, I have no doubt tat imagineers could create just about anything. But what will CUSTOMERS respond to the most?

• Minion

Yeah, I have no doubt tat imagineers could create just about anything. But what will CUSTOMERS respond to the most?
    Customers will respond to quality. As long as it looks good and functions well, they will come. This is why the park succeeds in the first place. The locations and scenery is not really based on a single franchise but rather entire themes. Sure there are individual attractions based on a single character or characters, but they aren't dependent on the name alone.

Besides, if Disneyland developed an entire area about a mythical forest or with fantastical architecture and slapped on a princess' name, I don't think most people will deny the relation unless it's really far-fetched.

An elaborate 6+ minute B&tB dark ride would be fantastic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast