Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Glow with the Show---Fantasmic (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    If anyone has an extra ticket for the AP event tonight, email me. I am available to go when your group is meeting there. I went on Saturday to get tickets, but they were sold out.
    I'm not sure how to find your email address here, so I just sent you a PM.

• Some imagination, huh?

Can't wait to see this...I don't want to be let down. Fantasmic is the best show at disney and I hope it's not tainted by the ears

Just got back from the AP event. Not as epic as World Of Color GWTS, but it definitely adds a little extra something to a show I love dearly. I was in awe the whole time. Overall, good design integration(like when either the left or right ear only glowed yellow during Ursulas segment- like flotsam and jetsoms eyes)

Just a note- it seems like the ears on the periphery of the viewing area by the smoking section in front of HM weren't in a zone where they werent getting the IR frequency and didn't sync with the show. The ears next to Mark Twain(where I was) were working fine.

My ears never did sync with the show. We were in the center-ish front section, to the left of the control booth (facing the water). DH's ears worked fine, so it was just my pair -- which is weird, because this same pair worked just fine at WOC. However, it all worked out well. A nice CM let me exchange the wonky pair for new ears.

• Please pull the yellowtab

This comment is from SoCalbma's thread about the Fantasmic GWTS AP Event. I thought it would be relevant to post here:

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    Thanks for the great video SoCalbma! I was standing behind the control booth and thought the addition of the Glow With the Show ears to Fantasmic was excellent. It was much better than what I expected.

I can understand why some may say the new glow ears detract from the show -- especially if you've seen the original Fantasmic (sans GWTS ears) hundreds and hundreds of times. But from what I observed last night, there were a couple 1st time viewers of Fantasmic standing near me and they were in awe by the entire show -- GWTS ears included!

Individuals too short to see the action on the water can benefit from the GWTS ears. The ears mimic the effects of the show. I was blocked from seeing the water during certain portions of the show because of a group of tall individuals but I was fine not seeing because of the GWTS ears. For example, if you can't see the flames in the water you can enjoy the theatrical effect by the flame effects of the ears people are wearing around you.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• I'm wishing

Firstly, thank you to PascalGal for going out of her way to help a fellow MiceChatter to get into the show!!

I definitely enjoyed it, and thought they did a great job playing up the music (with the timing of the lights) and the theme behind the music (with the colors of the lights). However, because Fantasmic! does have more of a storyline than WOC, I worry that people will be looking away from the show to watch the ears...I suppose it will all integrate and it will be a great show all around you, it might just take a little time to stop worrying about where the focal point of the show is for the people who aren't super familiar with it.

I also noticed that there were many unsynchronized hats over on the far side (near Haunted Mansion), it was a little distracting even though it was far away because it was where it curved, so it was in my line of sight. Unfortunately, there was one guy in my section whose hat was rarely with the show and he was the person sitting right in front of me! I kept hoping a CM would come around and replace his ears, but they never did.

Overall, it was very enjoyable!

• Minion

I enjoyed Fantasmic with the ears last night, however, I did find that watching it from the center made it difficult to get a full sense of their impact. I constantly found myself looking away from TSI to see what the ears were doing. I would say those sitting on the sides, or even on the bridge above the Pirates entrance would benefit the most. World of Color's viewing area is a nice length that allows you to get eh ears effect more or less anywhere as long as your not down by the water.

Sidebar, how nice was it to experience the park with so little crowds from 10-midnight! Kind of reminded me of Disneyland when it actually had an off season! :sigh:

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah the last Fantasmic Event (for the 20th) it was nice how little people there were there and how Indy and Big Thunder were walk ons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123