Military discount?

Hi. Does anyone know if the Disneyland Military Ticket discount is open to civilian DoD Contractors with a valid CAC?

Thanks!

• Not the Fallen

Re: Military discount?

Yes. Check with your local MWR for prices and availability though. They are usually cheaper through the base.

I hate to disagree with Jayden, I think she's still active duty, I'm retired, but most of the offers from DL that I read have something like:

"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. The actual prices charged at U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above. Participating military sales outlets will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets."

It sure wouldn't hurt to check with the MWR/Tickets and Tours on your base to make sure one way or t'other.
    Last edited by sailor310; 08-13-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Nerd

Basically. Military discount is for active and retired military personel only - Contractors are considered civilians and not entitled to the discount.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

So, along the same lines...

My mother in law was going to buy me and my husband these tickets as a gift (shes retired) and she was not going to go with, and it says you can buy them for family and friends. Both me and my husband have DoD civillian CAC cards. Will they let us into the park with them, since there has to be an ID present at the gate?

No they will not, they need to see those "active Ids" and they do check. These are in place so this program is not abused. I actually had two calls like this today and spoke to two different people (as the situations were slightly different) and it was a no go

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by onechuck View Post
    Hi. Does anyone know if the Disneyland Military Ticket discount is open to civilian DoD Contractors with a valid CAC?

Thanks!
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffibell View Post
    So, along the same lines...

My mother in law was going to buy me and my husband these tickets as a gift (shes retired) and she was not going to go with, and it says you can buy them for family and friends. Both me and my husband have DoD civillian CAC cards. Will they let us into the park with them, since there has to be an ID present at the gate?
    And no.

Here is why.
    In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission. Ticket may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes.
    On first entrance they ask to see the military ID after that the current or retired military member does not have to be with the group.

Tickets | U.S. Military Special Offers | Disneyland Resort

• Not the Fallen

I think you should still check with your "home" base. Worst they can tell you is "No."

I'm not active duty, and never have been, but I bought and used military tickets in 2009. I simply presented my CAC without a hitch at the gate.

Since that was a few years ago, things may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    I think you should still check with your "home" base. Worst they can tell you is "No."

I'm not active duty, and never have been, but I bought and used military tickets in 2009. I simply presented my CAC without a hitch at the gate.

Since that was a few years ago, things may have changed.
    Thank you! I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks again!

also remember DL is cracking down on things and tickets like this spoke to a gst today who said she was asked to show her military ID today at the gate, not for a reentry or any of those tickets just the initial start of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    also remember DL is cracking down on things and tickets like this spoke to a gst today who said she was asked to show her military ID today at the gate, not for a reentry or any of those tickets just the initial start of the day
    Thanks, however I am not trying to scam anyone. I was asking a legitimate question about an offer from Disneyland. Thanks for assuming I am a criminal!

• The doctor is in

It might depend on the privileges listed on your CAC card. The promotion website lists Active Duty and Retired members and families. However, you have to obtain the discounted tickets from a proper source so it might depend on who that source sells them to. If you go on base to MWR, like I will to get my passes for October, I think the only people eligible are active and retired. Spouses and dependents are also eligible but I don't think contractors would be because the CAC cards they give contractors are very limited. They basically prove your eligibility to be on base and that's it.

• Guardian Construct

Just had to use my active ID to purchase a set of tickets for a DoD contractor. Disney would not sell the tickets to them. I also had to show my id the fist time the tickets were used. We were told after that I did not have to go in with them anymore so I went home. I know they did not try Itt to get the tickets just went straight to Disney.

• The doctor is in

I need to stop by MWR before I leave base tomorrow and see if the tickets for October are available like they should be. It's a bummer because for September a 3-day Park Hopper was like $96 a person and October is $125. Still a good deal, though.