Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• DLR Enthusiast

Re: The New ‘Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps’: Including Walt's Apartment

I sort of feel like this is not the best idea. I know they want to sell tours, and it's a cool experience, but some things should just keep that sense of mystery surrounding them..
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    I would respectfully disagre. You can't be one of a kind unless SOMEONE can be witness to it (other than staff and others with VERY unique access...like John Stamos . To prevent access to it completely makes it more mythical than anything else.
    Then leave it mythical.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    There are some, to be sure. Many of those appear to be archival though. I guess my point was...well...you know what the internet is like.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    To preserve some measure of exclusiveness. If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.
    I see what you are saying, but it's far too late. A simple Google search (as stated before) crushes that point.

In fact, I think there are photo heavy trip report threads on here where people have been to his apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The reason is to preserve maximum profitability for the WiWDF product. Every photo of Walt's Apartment taken by a WiWDF customer is a photo that Disney doesn't sell.
    Point taken. I guess I just don't see it like that. Perhaps I'm too close to the "true believer" end of the spectrum. At any rate, Disneyland isn't mine to run, and I don't consider myself to be a watchdog. All I know is that given the chance to see the apartment, I would take it.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

I don't mind. If people want to see it, let them see it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Honestly did the tour, Ive only been to DL about 5 times and I actually knew more than our guide. As far as club 33 goes, i personally think you are better off NOT seeing the foyer because frankly its a mess in there it does not appear to be that well maintained. leave it to your imagination it is better

• "I Break Things"

I believe the Apartment was on the tour at one time and removed because of foot traffic/damage issues. It's a bit surprising that they're "bringing it back".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    Honestly did the tour, Ive only been to DL about 5 times and I actually knew more than our guide. As far as club 33 goes, i personally think you are better off NOT seeing the foyer because frankly its a mess in there it does not appear to be that well maintained. leave it to your imagination it is better
    Just asking a question here but how was the foyer a mess? I have been in the club a few times and it has never been a mess and everything was polished and shiny.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    And that reason would be...?
    I can think of a couple:
    It is my understanding that flash photographs can damage fabrics and paintings (which is why you are prevented from taking flash photos in a museum). They want to minimize further deterioration of the decor.

They don't want people posing for obscene or suggestive pictures in Walt's apartment. "HEY, I'm flashing Main Street", "Hey, let's make out in front of the lamp"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    I can think of a couple:
    It is my understanding that flash photographs can damage fabrics and paintings (which is why you are prevented from taking flash photos in a museum). They want to minimize further deterioration of the decor.

They don't want people posing for obscene or suggestive pictures in Walt's apartment. "HEY, I'm flashing Main Street", "Hey, let's make out in front of the lamp"
    We can try to justify it several ways. We can also say that it so people don't pose for pictures on the furniture, or that the tour doesn't get held up by taking too many photos.

At the end of the day, the real motivation behind the ban on pictures is so that Disney can make a buck by cornering the market on personal photos from Walt's apartment. That is why they offer the group picture. People want evidence that they were there, now they have to pay Disney for the official photo.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    I'm not sure that's very likely to happen, given that a Disney Tour Guide will be standing right there.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    We can try to justify it several ways. We can also say that it so people don't pose for pictures on the furniture, or that the tour doesn't get held up by taking too many photos.

At the end of the day, the real motivation behind the ban on pictures is so that Disney can make a buck by cornering the market on personal photos from Walt's apartment. That is why they offer the group picture. People want evidence that they were there, now they have to pay Disney for the official photo.
    I'm afraid this opinion is the most logical. I don't want it to be that way myself, but it simply the best possible explenation. I'm still ok with it though.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Sheesh. Is there anything left in Disneyland anymore that is considered sacred?

Oh no! Don't show the guests back stage -- you don't want to ruin the magic! What difference does it make anymore?
    Ohh yes I guess I missed the Memo that Walt was God....

I get what you mean...but at the sametime....I'm a SUPER fan of the parks and have always wanted to go there...and now I can. Though not being able to take pic's kinda sucks, still just getting to go there will be pretty increatable

I know if I go on this Tour I'd be wearing a smile walking into the Lobby of 33 and Walts Apartment

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'm not sure that's very likely to happen, given that a Disney Tour Guide will be standing right there.
    You never know what some people may be into.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast