Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

The New ‘Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps’: Including Walt's Apartment

Disneyland Resort Guided Tours: The New

The Disney Parks Blog on Friday announced starting September 9th that the Walk in Walt's Footstep tour will be changing to Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footstep tour and will now include a peak into Walt's Apartment. They won't allow pictures in the Apartment but it sounds like they will sell you a group picture.

Anyways I am really excited about this and feel that the tour is finally worth it with going to the lobby of Club 33 and going up to Walt's Apartment. I think it would be interesting to add the Dream suite and the Lilly Belle to the tour. The tour could still use some more additions, but it finally a better experience.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: The New ‘Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps’: Including Walt's Apartment

Anyone know the pricing for this?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Anyone know the pricing for this?
    According to Dateline Disneyland this week:

The current tour, priced at $64 will be replaced September 9 with an updated tour costing $108, an over $40 increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    They won't allow pictures in the Apartment but it sounds like they will sell you a group picture.
    Of course they will, lol.

I am hearing $109 before the 20% discount for AP, AAA, Etc. FYI I am hearing that September 9th is already sold out.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sheesh. Is there anything left in Disneyland anymore that is considered sacred?

Oh no! Don't show the guests back stage -- you don't want to ruin the magic! What difference does it make anymore?

This seems like a pretty good deal. Just a peek is all I'd need of Walt's apartment and club 33. But I do understand why they wouldn't allow photos.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Nope. As was mandated during the Eisner/Pressler regime, every square foot of Disneyland must maximize profit.

To the Disney Corporation, people who have a reverence for Walt and care about the history of Disneyland are nothing more than customers to be sold a product.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    I do understand why they wouldn't allow photos.
    And that reason would be...?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    They allow it in Club 33 Lobby, just not Walt's Apartment. While I am whatever about them selling the picture instead of allowing us to take a picture ourselves, I wish I could get a private picture with my Significant other and not just a group picture to buy. Hey Disney if you want to control the pictures and want to make a buck that is fair. But please allow for more than just the one group picture to buy.

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Nope. As was mandated during the Eisner/Pressler regime, every square foot of Disneyland must maximize profit.

To the Disney Corporation, people who have a reverence for Walt and care about the history of Disneyland are nothing more than customers to be sold a product.
    I don't see anything wrong with this. Why should it be only for the super rich who go on private tours or the extremely few who get lucky to get to see it. If Disney thinks they can make more Money selling it at this lower price, than many of us will be happy.

BTW, it was that type of thinking from Eisner in the 80s that saved Disneyland and every individual section of the company from being sold off.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Oh no! Don't show the guests back stage -- you don't want to ruin the magic! What difference does it make anymore?
    Gotta make money, money, money....

Plus the Court of Angels turning into the pirate makeover thing - every square inch of Disneyland is turning into dollar signs for management.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    To preserve some measure of exclusiveness. If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Homan said:

I don't see anything wrong with this. Why should it be only for the super rich who go on private tours or the extremely few who get lucky to get to see it. If Disney thinks they can make more Money selling it at this lower price, than many of us will be happy.
    Because the Apt was never meant to be seen by the general public. I'd rather not see it out of respect for both Walt's memory and the Disney family. What gives YOU the right to see the apt, because you will pay the money to see it?

BTW, it was that type of thinking from Eisner in the 80s that saved Disneyland and every individual section of the company from being sold off

It's also the reason he was ousted from the company as well.

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

To preserve some measure of exclusiveness. If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.
    With these tours, it already is losing the charm and one of a kind personality.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Closed Account

If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.
    Too late.

walt disney apartment - Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Homan said:

With these tours, it already is losing the charm and one of a kind personality.
    I would respectfully disagre. You can't be one of a kind unless SOMEONE can be witness to it (other than staff and others with VERY unique access...like John Stamos . To prevent access to it completely makes it more mythical than anything else.

• Senior Minion

Nope. Not with 3,070,000 Google Image hits on "Walt Disney Apartment."

The reason is to preserve maximum profitability for the WiWDF product. Every photo of Walt's Apartment taken by a WiWDF customer is a photo that Disney doesn't sell.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast