Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: An Expansion of the Disneyland Resort (HUGE)

Yay! Good reception. Thanks guys!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

The Princess and the Frog attraction sounds absolutely amazing. I know these are all your ideas, and you don't have to take anything from me, but how about using some fun alliteration with the canoes rather than taking the name from Tokyo. How about Condor Cousin's Canoes or Crocodile Cousin's Canoes?
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

So far I love your ideas! Especially your ideas for Critter Country. If might be my new favorite land if your ideas come true! I can do without the trendy eco-friendly stuff though.

• I'm a Lutheran

My original title for the renamed canoes was "Brer Gator's Explorer Canoes," but I realized that there's quite an emphasis on the crocodile-family in Critter Country (Brer Gator on Splash Mountain, the other alligators in Splash Mountain, Crocodile Mercantile, Louis the Alligator, etc.) and that it might be overkill. I like using Cousin in the title...
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Current Opinions on your plan:
    1. The water should actually be a tad darker blue, instead of hawaiian blue for the castle
    2. Sorry, the darker tone for adventureland is not needed. Does, it really need skulls outside the entrance? The darken tone for the queue of the Jungle Cruise has no use, as the ride remains mostly the same.
    3. Keep the hall of doors(yes plural) the same. Music the same. I don't understand, why you won't let us see Indy's face? Who else would it be? Mutt? The figure should be change though. Current thoughts on your Main Street to Adventureland, Fine. I like reworked stores, new effects, etc. Will have to read more of your plan, before I give my final thoughts on it.

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the feedback! Agreed with you on the darker water. Didn't really take into consideration how it would compliment the colors of the castle. There have always been skulls outside Adventureland:

Name:  6101941923_c8c5da8b93.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  168.8 KB

Name:  67_7_18_55_N12B.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  154.1 KB

As for the hidden-face Indy animatronics. I decided to do that to add a bit more mystery...of course we all know it's Indy, but it still adds some sense of intrigue. And his face will be there, it's just covered in shadow a bit. The removal of the music in the Hall of Doors (or whatever it's called) is taken from TDS' version of Indy:

The lack of music in that scene makes it a bit more suspenseful and even eerie, a feeling present in many an Indy film (Indiana Jones, not an actual Indy film, lol).

Anyways, up next is Fantasyland! Stay...tuned...

Ok I understand, but it's good to hear that you like the Cousin part. I enjoy small alliterations, but complex ones just give me a headache XD

• I'm a Lutheran

I guess the last four letters of "raccoon" are curse words. When I posted them in the form of Cousin ****'s Canoes they were blocked out by *'s. Lol, Idk I'll figure something out.

How strange about the raccoon incident. Either way, if you can come up with a surplus of amazing ideas to remodel Disneyland, then I'm pretty sure you can name a simple canoe attraction XD

• I'm a Lutheran

I'll think of something haha. Here's Fantasyland!

Sleeping Beauty Castle, an American icon in its own right, a lasting tribute to the dreams and wishes of children across the world. Beyond its fanciful spires and towers lies the world of Fantasyland, a magical realm where childhood memories come to life, beginning with the Peter Pan's Flight, the most popular of the landmark Fantasyland dark rides. With the addition of four-seater boats in place of the old two-seaters, stress should be lifted from the shoulders of the often horrendous queue. To abide by safety standards (might as well get it over with now), tiny doors are added on the sides of both rows in each ship, preventing the foolish lap bar-hopper from falling to his or her doom. The track guiding the ships has been replaced by a much smoother, providing a smooth flight always, new air conditioners placed strategically about the place, allowing the sensation of being blasted by wind. Inside the main attraction, new fiber optics and lightning make London seem brighter than ever, as is Neverland which also undergoes some new lighting additions. As a brief nod to Return to Neverland, the so-so sequel to the original film, the octopus seen pursuing Captain Hook lurks in miniature form near the Jolly Roger, looking up at riders with yellow-eyes. Nearby Skull Rock receives some black-lighting for an eerie appearance, the nearby animatronics of Hook and Pan given new mechanisms (similar to the sword-fighting pirates in DLP's POTC) to provide a more fluid battle. Tick-Tock Croc below now emits a ticking sound effect in both of his appearances as he does in the other Peter Pan's Flights around the world. Tinker Bell, animated by screens, flutters around the Jolly Roger wildly in the ride's finale, Pan now donning the uniform of Hook. Pixie dust lights up the entire ship in a blanket of Christmas light-like lights, a direct lift of the effect from DLP's version of the attraction. Captain Hook, now boasting torn-clothing continues to stand on the crocodile's open maw, now surrounded by a small jungle (also from DLP), thus ending the minor refurbishment of Peter Pan's Flight. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Pinocchio's Daring Journey remain in tact, unlike Snow White's Scary Adventures across the way.

The most horrific attraction in the park, Snow White's Scary Adventure receives two notable changes: a chunk of the dwarfs' cottage in the loading area has been removed, replaced by a mural featuring the cast of the film. The portion of the cottage in which the ride vehicles enter remains on the other hand, still setting up the order of attraction scenes in an appropriate manner. Following the death of the Witch, a mural of the dwarfs waving goodbye takes up residence in place of the old mural. Directly above the track (this is the unloading area) is a newly-added bridge where figures of Snow White and her Prince wave goodbye to disembarking riders with their horse nearby. A set of simple changes that make the experience all the better. King Arthur's Carousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and the Casey Jr. Circus Train continue to delight visitors, albeit undergoing a few changes. Over at Casey Jr., a railroad crossing sign labeled "Casey r. Circus Train" takes up residence in the loading area, the train cars themselves receiving some new labeling as a nod to WDW's recently-opened Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak. Each individual car is either labeled "Giraffes," "Camels," "Monkeys," or "Elephants," the open-air cars labeled "Clowns." Dumbo the Flying Elephant receives a new coat of paint and elephant vehicles with moving ears, a true tribute to Dumbo, that always lovable flying elephant. The Storybook Land Canal Boats next door have undergone a reasonable refurbishment, mainly focusing on the addition of new scenes, miniatures of classic characters in their appropriate scenes, new music, and some new effects, such as motion in the Old Mill propellers. More on this refurbishment later...

Over at the Wonderland mini-land, some new details are added here and there for extra theming, starting with a huge teapot taking up residence outside the Mad Tea Party, the teapot baring the title of the attraction. Popping in and out from beneath the teapot lid every few seconds is the hiccuping Dormouse, joined by steam spewing from the teapot, giving a giggle and a hiccup before going back down. A little ways down the path and perched on the railing blocking off the Matterhorn is a colorful statue of the Cheshire Cat, holding up a tall post holding a trio of signs pointing in various directions. One sign points "this way," one "that way," and the other "which way?" His taunting voice can be heard fading in and out with a jolly, "It really doesn't matter which way you go. Oh, by the way, if you'd really like to know, you should go that way. Or this way. Or what way? If I were looking for which way to go, I'd ask the Mad Hatter. Or the March Hare. Or even the Queen of Hearts. They're a bit mad, you know, but here in Wonderland, everyone's a bit mad. Ha-ha-ha-ha. Even I'm not quite here...ha-ha-ha-ha. Some folks go that way. Some folks go this way! And some stay right here! But I prefer the shortcut through Fantasyland. You could find Wonderland just over there by that giant mushroom...it's a jolly good time going there. Everything's a bit topsy-turvy. Good luck! Ha-ha-ha-ha."

Aside from a refurbished Alice in Wonderland (which as you might know is receiving appropriate guardrails) and Matterhorn Bobsleds, It's a Small World is truly the last classic Fantasyland attraction left to be untouched. Still fresh off of its 2008-2009 refurbishment, the only changes to the attraction come from the removal of underscores near their respective Disney character, general maintenance, and a completely revised America scene, reconfigured to feature elements of America other than just the frontier and countryside. New elements include...the frontier and countryside, a skyline featuring such landmarks as the Space Needle and Statue of Liberty, the Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, the Deep South, Hollywood, and even Walt Disney World with the iconic Spaceship Earth and Cinderella Castle on the horizon. The Fantasyland classics have come full circle in their refurbishments, paving the way for a brand new expansion of Walt's favorite land.

Coinciding with the removal of the Submarine Voyage and Autopia (I'll explain later), the former motorboat area can finally make way for expansion, no longer having to worry about the show building beneath.

The old Fantasyland Theater makes way for progress, becoming the Fantasy Forest, a mini-land home to a sized-down Fantasyland Theater (now called "Fantasy Forest Theater") where a live show plays every couple of hours. Elements of the Hundred Acre Wood take up residence all throughout the forest, the homes of Pooh and friends highly visible. The star addition here is none other than The Search for Winnie the Pooh, a brand new Pooh ride seen nowhere else in the world. How so? Simple. Rather than taking riders through the world of the classic Pooh films, riders board a Heffalump bee and journey off to the Hundred Acre Wood on a search for Pooh himself. Pooh has disappeared and it's up to riders and Pooh's friends to find him, taking riders on a journey through Heffalump Hollow (a forest inhabited by Heffalumps and Woozles), the Backson's Cave, Blustery Bay (a lagoon hit by rough winds), the Hundred Acre Wood, and many other a location. Naturally, Pooh has found a secret cave filled to the brim with rich honey, singing a rousing chorus of "Everything is Honey." One of the last bits of Fantasyland expansion makes its home across the pavement in place of the motorboats Belle's Village. Guarded from the sight of Small World by a forest, guests pass by Gaston's Tavern, a new restaurant, Maurice's Cottage, a wacky gift shop owned by Maurice, and most notably, Belle's Storybook Journey, a sister to Ariel's Undersea Adventure at DCA. In this elaborate new dark ride, riders hop aboard a (undetermined) vehicle, leave behind Belle's simple home, and find themselves immersed in the world of the Beast's Castle, featuring classic music from the film, classic moments, and one of the most advanced audio animatronic figures of all time: the Beast, a ten-foot-tall monster of cables and wires hidden behind a fur coat and purple cape. Unlike Expedition Everest's ill-fated Yeti, this high-tech animatronic will be given a proper standing point so he can be fixed when need-be, not having to worry about breaking the building's foundation. With the addition of Pooh and Belle, one final addition is in order...

No longer looming on the hill is the old Skyway Station. In its place? Skull Rock. Although not necessarily a "mountain," Skull Rock is the home of all villainy, a villainous meet-n-greet counterpart to the recently-opened Fantasy Faire. Climbing up an ominous staircase, guests enter the darkened maw of the Peter Pan-inspired sculpture, an eerie grotto within, a perfect home for Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Dr. Facilier, and many other a blackened-heart.

To the north of Fantasyland and beyond the berm rests Mickey's Toontown, a somewhat forgotten land in need of some change. With that being said, in my next update, Mickey's Toontown will be my next victim, receiving new attractions and new cartoon fun. Stay tuned...

• Of Two Minds, or More

I'm absolutely loving the Skull Rock idea.

BTW - C**n is a racial slur. That's why you're blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    No longer looming on the hill is the old Skyway Station. In its place? Skull Rock. Although not necessarily a "mountain," Skull Rock is the home of all villainy, a villainous meet-n-greet counterpart to the recently-opened Fantasy Faire. Climbing up an ominous staircase, guests enter the darkened maw of the Peter Pan-inspired sculpture, an eerie grotto within, a perfect home for Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Dr. Facilier, and many other a blackened-heart.

To the north of Fantasyland and beyond the berm rests Mickey's Toontown, a somewhat forgotten land in need of some change. With that being said, in my next update, Mickey's Toontown will be my next victim, receiving new attractions and new cartoon fun. Stay tuned...
    I wouldn't think that Skull Rock would really work without Captain Hook's pirate ship docked nearby. But other than that, good job. However, I would not think that your plans for Fantasyland Forest would be able to fit in this section physically. Oh, and in regards of Small World, I would also like to thrown in maybe one more foreign language. Tell me what you think there.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Instead of having the woman be the damsel in distress for the swordfight, have her be one the fighters! Ok, fine...not historically accurate...but it could be just a female pirate versus and male commander.
    While the Splash Mountain extra AA sound nice, keep in mind, from what I have seen on online, the ride is really crammed together and could cause issues.

When can we expect the next of your updates? I'd love to see what you've got planned for Toontown.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• I'm a Lutheran

Sorry that there hasn't been an update lately, I've run into some business. Personal life is more important than Disney haha.

Splash Mountain is pretty crammed, but there are quite a few gaps in between scenes that are unlit and empty. It'd also add a bit of atmosphere. If I could, I'd make the ride go by much slower, but I guess the reason why it goes so fast is to get as many riders through there as possible or something. Idk, maybe someone can verify that another time.

I like the idea of another foreign language placed in Small World. Maybe the new tracks they implemented into HKDL's Asia scene could be utilized in our Asia scene, alternating with the original track. Fantasy Forest could work...it'd just be pretty crammed. The Forest Stage would be pretty small, almost like the stage outside Muppet*Vision and Monsters. My original plan was to put PhilharMagic here, but I've relocated it elsewhere in the resort (Toontown *cough*). For Skull Rock, I was thinking about covering it up a bit with some palm trees, so it wouldn't be so terrifying compared to the nearby Village Haus and Pinocchio's Daring Journey. It could work without the pirate ship I think...

And thanks for pointing out the racial slur. I did not know that. o_O How's this for a new canoe name? Cousin Croc's Canoes? Again, too many crocodile-like creatures in Critter Country. That'd bring up the park's amount of aquatic reptiles up to at least above ten. That's six on Splash Mountain, three in the refurbished Rivers of America, about four on Goin' Down the Bayou, Crocodile Mercantile, the crocodile in Small World, Tic-Tock's two appearances in Peter Pan's Flight (not to mention a third on the weather vane), Tick-Tock in Fantasmic! and the Electrical Parade, and then Cousin Croc's Canoes. That brings us to a total of...26 crocodiles/alligators in the park. Is that overkill?

I'd like to point out that Toontown is well underway.
    Last edited by MANEATINGWREATH; 08-18-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast