Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: An Expansion of the Disneyland Resort (HUGE)

Keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    My original plan was to put PhilharMagic here, but I've relocated it elsewhere in the resort (Toontown *cough*).
    But Philharmagic wouldn't fit in Toontown. Sure, it features Mickey and the gang, but it also features non-shorts characters.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm reconsidering its location most likely...I've got Toontown pretty much done so far. Tomorrowland is going to take the longest, and then I'm going to do a full recap of everything at the end.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

[QUOTE=MANEATINGWREATH;]
    Climbing up an ominous staircase... QUOTE]
    and a not so scary elevator for ADA reasons.
    B and B ,mini-land sounds nice just have it differ somewhat compared to WDW version. And make sure to have a Belle AA and Beast AA dancing. And don't forget to explain HM's change and more about the POF ride!
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 08-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.

• I'm a Lutheran

Gotcha covered on all that. When I do a recap of everything, there'll definitely be some changes to abide by suggestions and whatnot. The B&B mini-land will definitely receive some changes to differ itself from Florida. I'm trying to make it a counterpart to Ariel's Undersea Adventure, but I'm afraid that using an omnimover in the attraction will be too similar.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Toontown...I came upon a sudden realization that there is not much room beyond Toontown's perimeter. I'd actually like nothing more than to replace it with another expansion of Fantasyland but...I'm just going to keep it. There are people who like it, so I'll respect their like of it.

Suggestions for Toontown would be nice. Feel free to pitch in for this one!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I'm having a lot of trouble with Toontown...I came upon a sudden realization that there is not much room beyond Toontown's perimeter. I'd actually like nothing more than to replace it with another expansion of Fantasyland but...I'm just going to keep it. There are people who like it, so I'll respect their like of it.

Suggestions for Toontown would be nice. Feel free to pitch in for this one!
    I think everything between Toon Park and Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse should be demolished, since everything here has been neutered by safety. I will put up ideas later, but I will say this right now: there will be a new coaster here to take the place of both Gadget's Go Coaster and be themed to Goofy, taking place in a new house for him, since the old one will be scrapped. And Donald's boat will be scrapped and a new one built near where the treehouse is now. It, too, will serve as a queue for another attraction. Again, I'll go into details later.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• I'm a Lutheran

I've got some ideas up my sleeve, I'm just working on some kinks at the moment. Just suggest some suggestions first and then see what'll happen from there.

Here's some detailed information on my ideas, starting with

The new Donald-themed ride will be called Donald's Dock. This is the new boat-home for Donald Duck, after his old boat, the Miss Daisy, gets torn down. That boat has been neutered by lawyers who wouldn't know fun if it came up and bit them in the you-know-what. Anyway, Donald's Dock is actually a new water ride, intended not just for kids, but for anyone, with or without kids. This ride should help give Mickey's Toontown something more worthwhile to do than just Roger Rabbit and, to a lesser degree, Mickey and Minnie's Houses.

Anyway, this new ride's entrance and queue will be a new version of Donald's old house and boat all mashed into one and featuring a few new interactive elements. The entrance looks something like this (albeit more done in the style of this Toontown rather than Mickeyville, as seen here):

In fact, the ride's name gets from the aborted Mickeyville concept. But the ride itself is sort of based on this abandoned ride concept called Duck Bumps:

Unlike Duck Bumps, however, this ride will not be a bumper boat ride. Instead, it will duplicate the ride system, effects and layout of Tokyo DisneySea's Aquatopia, which itself has the same ride system as Tokyo's Pooh ride. And based on what Aquatopia's Wikipedia article says, this ride may also be a new version of the old Motor Boat Cruise in Fantasyland.

Anyway, as you enter the queue, you wind your way through Donald's boat. It will feature several interactive elements. One is a rope based on the one you can pull in the queue of the Indiana Jones ride (a sign nearby tells you not to do it). You pull on that and a British-sounding man yells at you for doing so. You can pull on this rope in this queue and hear Donald yelling at you for doing so. Also in the queue is this big map on the wall, looking like this one in WDW's now-extinct Toontown Fair (in fact, maybe Disneyland can claim ownership of the real deal here):

Another interactive element in the queue is another rope, supposedly attached to the boat's steam whistle. But when you pull on it, not only does the whistle on the boat emit a boat whistle-like sound, but instead of steam, the whistle sprays out a blast of water onto passersby outside the boat and just walking around. It could provide a nice refreshing treat on a hot day.

And so it goes in this vein, until you exit the boat. You go past what looks like a cashier booth on the dock beyond. But there is no one in there; a sign on it reads "Out to launch -D. Duck". So you just walk right on past and down the dock steps to your Toon hovercraft-like vessel in the waters of Toon Lake below. These vessels all are colored in Donald's signature color scheme: blue, white and yellow. There are two dozen vessels in all and each seat two guests at a time. As you head out to the dock, you hear the usual safety spiel (Donald may or may not provide it, I haven't decided). The lake is only about two feet deep.

So you climb aboard your hovercraft for your voyage around Toon Lake. These watercraft move independently of each other. The ride itself pretty much the same ride as Aquatopia, so there's not much there to say. Departing the dock, you're in for a wild ride. Your watercraft twists, turns, backs up and spins around in place, all while taking you on a seemingly random trip dodging jagged rocks, spinning whirlpools, and other watercraft. But the biggest obstacle to watch out for is the likelihood of getting doused by any source of water here: from fountains or geysers. Other characters here try to take aim at you, such as spitting frogs perched on the rocks (they're actually the same ones previously used in Gadget's Go Coaster) or Donald's nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, all scattered about the lake and firing water cannons at you. Passersby can also try to let you have it with rail-mounted squirt cannons. It's a very wet and wild ride.

If you watch this attraction from the rail, you'll see pretty much everything it has to offer; there are no surprises when you're actually on it. As stated above, you can actually fire cannons at the rides from the rail overlooking the ride. All in all, this ride should help take the edge off of Mickey's Toontown being a kids-only area. In fact, this actually entails some kids-only areas to be closed. But I haven't forgotten about a play area for the little tykes...

Oh, and in hindsight, there is a section of Toontown Online called Donald's Dock (featuring Donald's Boat), but any similarity between this version of Donald's Dock and the one online is purely coincidental.

Next time, I'll get to the Goofy-themed coaster, but for now, what are your thoughts?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• I'm a Lutheran

Seems better than anything I would've come up with, so everything that he wrote will be a part of my expansion plans (if my assumptions are correct, he is a user that I have partnered up with on such an expansion over at Visions Fantastic).

As for the complete demolition of Goofy's House...I was actually thinking that rather than just theming the coaster to Goofy, why not put in the Paint 'N' Play attraction from Tokyo Disneyland. That way all that needs to be done is to gut the inside of the existing house which has been dormant for quite some time. The roller coaster could either remain as Gadget's or just get a new theme all-together with some new scenery.

Seems better than anything I would've come up with, so everything that he wrote will be a part of my expansion plans (if my assumptions are correct, he is a user that I have partnered up with on such an expansion over at Visions Fantastic).

As for the complete demolition of Goofy's House...I was actually thinking that rather than just theming the coaster to Goofy, why not put in the Paint 'N' Play attraction from Tokyo Disneyland. That way all that needs to be done is to gut the inside of the existing house which has been dormant for quite some time. The roller coaster could either remain as Gadget's or just get a new theme all-together with some new scenery.
    You assume correctly. And as for just renaming the rides and such, I would not think that there would be much room for Goofy's (old) house, for Gadget's Go Coaster and for the new Donald's Dock. That's why I had to demolish old buildings, to allow space for new construction. I will mention the Goofy-themed coaster later, as I said. At least Donald's Dock would add another viable attraction for Toontown to go along with Roger Rabbit.

As for Gadget remaining, let's be honest: who besides us Disney fans really knows Gadget?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• Of Two Minds, or More

This sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyway, as promised, here's part of my idea for my new roller coaster concept to replace Goofy's House and Gadget's Go Coaster...

This new roller coaster's name has not yet been decided, but a working title will be Goofy's Goof Coaster (may or may not be a nod to Gadget's Go Coaster). Here, the premise is based on one of the acts of the Great Goofini at WDW. If you've seen the ride (in person or online), you will notice several posters surrounding the ride and one of them is the theme of the ride in question there. You can look at this link for yourself to see what I mean:

Anyway, one of the posters is used for the ride itself (the one labeled "Barnstormer Soarin' to Ridiculous Heights"). But for this version on the opposite end of the country in California, another poster image will be used as the basis for the ride here. That will be the poster that says, "Reckless Rocketeer - 3...2...1...Blast Off!" It shows Goofy riding on a rocket supposedly named Dolores and him dressed like a cowboy. So maybe the premise may be that Goofy is practicing his stunt in his own hometown before doing the stunt for real at Storybook Circus in WDW? Sorry, it was the best I could think of on short notice.

So anyway, the ride entrance will be in a brand-new house for Goofy situated just down the way from where Donald's (old) Boat once stood, right around near Donald's Dock. In fact, part of the ride will cross over Toon Lake where Donald's Dock takes place, while another part takes you across Goofy's house's rooftop. The house is a new version of Goofy's old house (same designs and elements and everything), only this time, the house is colored in Goofy's color scheme: orange, blue and green, and part of the very tower at the top of the house is smashed through as you crash through.

The sign that bears the ride's name will have a small Goofy crashing a rocket through the sign. Below the sign is a notice that this ride, like Gadget's Go Coaster, is presented by Sparkle Paper Towels (a Georgia-Pacific company). Around the front yard are various vegetable crops (like corn that has popped into popcorn) and a scarecrow done up like Goofy himself, yet has no effect on scaring away crows; on the contrary, a crow is comfortably perched atop the scarecrow. And right next to the entrance to the door is a green jalopy car that has crashed into the house (it serves as a photo op spot). You then go into Goofy's house itself. This is where the queue takes place, with the load area in the garage behind it. Here are a few pictures of what the queue should look like (actually of Goofy's old house, but which will be salvaged and reused here):

And actually, I had the idea for the main room looking like the upcoming Goofy's Paint-n-Playhouse in Tokyo Disneyland. Here's an image of that attraction (sorry about the bad quality):

So you go through the house. As you make your way out the back door, you pass by a blueprint for a prototype of a rocket, supposedly invented by Ludwig Von Drake especially for Goofy. Out in the backyard, you will climb aboard your ride vehicle, a bigger version of this rocket. It's a huge rocket, with a total of eight rows to seat two people each, which means this ride vehicle can seat 16 people in all. As you climb aboard your ride vehicle, you hear the usual bilingual safety spiel spoken by Goofy himself. In fact, he speaks both English and Spanish (the English voiced by Bill Farmer and the Spanish voiced by Mario Filio, the Latin American Spanish voice of Goofy).

I'll put up the rest later. Right now, what do you think? And what do you think the ride's name should be?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• Of Two Minds, or More

What's wrong with "Reckless Rocketeer"?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWally'sNiece View Post
    What's wrong with "Reckless Rocketeer"?
    Well, I'm not sure, but here's a list of all the roller coasters of this type, named after classic characters:

• Gadget's Go Coaster
    • The Barnstormer At Goofy's Wiseacres Farm (or Goofy's Barnstormer for short)
    • Goofy's Sky School
    • Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster
    • The Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini (or The Great Goofini for short)

So my point is I want to give it a name besides just "Reckless Rocketeer". Goofy's name needs to be in the ride name. That's what needs to be done here.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123