Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: Luigis flying tires- no beach balls

It sounds good to me. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this ride, but I completely ignored the beach balls. I just flew the tire like I was supposed to. Hopefully this will significantly reduse the wait, as people will simple get into their tires and buckle up, instead of wasting time trying to get a beach ball first.

Love the flying tires, love the beach balls. Hope they come back.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Should have kept them at least for a few more months....I have not even had time to try them yet....and from what I've heard they were fun...besides some people getting hit

• Minion

The one and most likely only time I rode the ride I found it pretty boring and so slow to load and unload that I was frustrated and irritated before it even started.
    From a photographic standpoint it is a somewhat boring subject to photograph but the beach balls did add an element of excitement to it.
    Name:  7778209724_762cb471fd_z_d.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  145.8 KB

Name:  7778216268_cb4cd0d8dd_z_d.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  122.3 KB
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

I'm really surprised they lasted as long as they did.
    Just too tempting for guests to unbuckle their seatbelts in order to grab a beach ball.
    I'm actually looking forward to riding it without the distraction.

•   

I wouldn't expect an official announcement from Disney but the removal of the beach balls is permanent. What I would expect is faster-moving lines, significantly fewer safety concerns, and a renewed focus on the fact that you're getting to fly around on air. The beach balls were a good idea in theory but there were too many downsides to their presence.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

i waited about 30-40 minutes to finally ride it. I didn't go after the beach balls because I had no interest in them. They did make the ride fun to watch when people went after them and threw them. I for one was focused on riding the actual ride and moving the tire across and mastering how to move and turn and spin and had fun doing it in the 2 minutes given.

I did notice last week when I was there that cast members were taking the beach balls away from people who grabbed them first and were sitting in their tire waiting for the ride to start, beach ball in hand. The cast member would take it away from them and create sad faces on the guests. ;o) I heard the cast member say it was for "safety" reasons when questioned.

I don't think the ride is a failure in terms of fun. I have no intention of riding the ride a number of times only because of the long wait and the transfer rate the ride comes with. That i can see where it could be a failure. But the ride itself is fun with or without the balls.

I hope now the ride can be just about the tires now because I don't really remember the beach balls being on the merchandise for the ride or on the poster art. I could be wrong there.

So for beach balls. I'd vote them off the island.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

The beach balls were awesome, and anyone who got an "injury" from them should probably just stay home in their bubble. They added an extra motivation for people to move around and get use of as much area on the board as they could by chasing the piles and crashing into them to make all the balls fly up in the air. It added more movement, more dynamic interest, more fun.

The thing that holds up the loading isn't the beach balls, it's the stupid tiles. Getting a tile from a CM, sitting in your tire, waiting for someone to come around and collect it (in a VERY disorganized manner), and then having 3 more CMs come by the same tire asking for the tile that was already collected is what takes forever. If they could load it more like the teacups, it would just go faster.

Getting rid of the beach balls was a terrible move.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fooferah View Post
    The thing that holds up the loading isn't the beach balls, it's the stupid tiles. Getting a tile from a CM, sitting in your tire, waiting for someone to come around and collect it (in a VERY disorganized manner), and then having 3 more CMs come by the same tire asking for the tile that was already collected is what takes forever. If they could load it more like the teacups, it would just go faster.
    Hit the nail in the head. The excitement I had upon boarding started to wane as I waited for all of them to be collected. I didn't see the point, really.

• Resident of the Caldera

Definitely no beach balls at all today.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• -

The beach balls were awesome, and anyone who got an "injury" from them should probably just stay home in their bubble.
    Who got injured? I don't think that was reported anywhere.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I am number 4 of 999

The beach balls were awesome, and anyone who got an "injury" from them should probably just stay home in their bubble.
    Completely unnecessary statement. If I choose to ride Luigi's Flying Tires and a random Guest picks up a beach ball and slams me in the face with it and it crushes my glasses and breaks my nose or cuts my skin, that really wasn't a result of me not wanting to leave my bubble, now was it?

They are called accidents for a reason, and they DO happen.

The beach balls were stupid, and I'm glad they're getting rid of them.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

My friend and I loved the beach balls!!! And it was fun to stand at the viewing area and watch people struggle to get them. It took teamwork with other tires to get them once the ride started but that was all part of the laughter!

My guess regarding their removal was that people kept getting UP on the tire to grab one, which required the ride to be stopped, rechecked and restarted again.
    "They can't order me to stop dreaming..."

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Should be noted that the removal of the beach balls is going hand in hand with a slight lightening of the weight of the tires as reported by the Register in order to increase the speed of the tires.

I take it you haven't been hit in the head with one. I have, and it hurt. No, not bad enough for me to call it an injury. But I am a grown adult. I would not have wanted my 6-year-old neice to be hit with one. That *could* have been an injury.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast