Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Luigis flying tires- no beach balls

I have been hit with several. I didn't think it hurt.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fooferah View Post
    The thing that holds up the loading isn't the beach balls, it's the stupid tiles. Getting a tile from a CM, sitting in your tire, waiting for someone to come around and collect it (in a VERY disorganized manner), and then having 3 more CMs come by the same tire asking for the tile that was already collected is what takes forever. If they could load it more like the teacups, it would just go faster.
    You have only one other supporter... which is not me.

The triangular flags are used to check seatbelts. Because of the nature of the vehicles randomly stopping anywhere on the floor, the flags help indicate which ride vehicle has been given a seatbelt check.

It's when a flag is NOT collected... that's what slows down the process. It's when a guest puts the flag in their pockets, under their butts, behind their backs, on the floor, in the stroller/wheelchair, left it in the load area... THAT'S what slows down the "stupid tiles" procedures.

Interesting how the viewpoint has been that it's not the beach ball's fault, it's the guests' fault. But when it comes to the "stupid tiles", it's the "tile"'s fault, not the guest...

Teacups will pretty much stop in the same area. They don't have seatbelts, they have doors.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I don't recall if it was in this thread or another one, but the reasoning behind handing out and collecting the triangles was explained by a CM. I see the point of it helping in the seatbelt check, which I said as much to that person. And they also admitted that the time it takes to do that collection is a major factor in the slow load time, so...

Anyway, went on the "new" version on Saturday. Totally and completely boring and pointless now. This was a surprisingly fun ride before, but now it's no fun at all. Unfortunately, I'm now in the column with the people counting down to its ultimate removal as a failure. Too bad.

• Banned User

I was saying this a year before the ride even opened and would get blasted by one person after another for being negative and then would state that they were looking forward to Luigis more than RSR. I guess it is just hard for some people to visualize outcomes.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Give it 2 more yrs

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

i know i have had shoulder issues after riding the ride and having a ball i was holding hit by another ball, ive been smacked in the fact with them with some suprising force. I agree getting the balls was fun, but the safety issue makes it null. with some reduction in weight, they could be a ton of fun, get some speed and turn them into legitimate bumper cars. ON AIR

• Johnny and Me!

I have a short update. I rode LFT yesterday, and it was much improved. The wait was only 20 minutes at 9:30 PM (it was posted at 40). Also, the tires moved much faster than before, and people seemed to be enjoying themselves more. Removing the beach balls appears to have helped wait times considerably.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I never got to ride with the beach balls. I would have liked to at least tried them.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I guess it is just hard for some people to visualize outcomes.
    At Disney it's downright impossible.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I never got to ride with the beach balls. I would have liked to at least tried them.

Rode Luigis for the first time last week, never got to try with the Beach balls either. It was ok, wouldn't wait more than 20 mins to go on it though...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123