Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Addicted to Disney

Luigis flying tires- no beach balls

Mintcrocodile just posted a photo of luigis flying tires with no beach balls... What do you guys think? I will miss the beach balls, as they added a lot of fun to a ride that didn't have much substance without them. https://twitter.com/MintCrocodile/st...697537/photo/1
    Last edited by DisneyManiac; 08-13-2012 at 12:25 PM.

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Luigis flying tires- no beach balls

Maybe now guests will focus on actually flying the tires, instead of going after beach balls.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Maybe now guests will focus on actually flying the tires, instead of going after beach balls.
    My thoughts exactly!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• -

Hopefully we will get something official from Disney as to whether or not this is permanent.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Embrace You!

I finally rode Luigis for the first time yesterday (after an hour or so wait) and thought the beach balls were really the only fun part of this ride. While the leaning aspect was somewhat amusing, I really think this attraction is a "covered up" failure. Definitely won't be riding again unless it's a 10 minute wait or less. Even my 4 year old niece was bored with it.

• D'land Visitor since '57

I actually found the beach balls to be a distraction. I for one wouldn't miss them.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

• All-American

Just to clarify: they haven't been removed completely, they've just been reduced in number and CMs no longer pass them out before the ride starts. It sounds like this was for both guest safety and to increase efficiency/hourly capacity.

• Addicted to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Just to clarify: they haven't been removed completely, they've just been reduced in number and CMs no longer pass them out before the ride starts. It sounds like this was for both guest safety and to increase efficiency/hourly capacity.
    They reduced the number of them a few days ago, but they have now completely removed them.

• Minion

I'm torn. I liked them because I thought they were festive, but it's too easy to get stuck into a corner on that attraction and the balls don't help that.

I was there just Saturady. There were beach balls and guests were picking them up and throwing them. I hope this doesn't become permanent. I enoyed that aspect of the ride a lot. I'm not sure what you're suppoed to do now. Slowly drift around for a minute or two? And that's IF you know how to move them correctly.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    It could be argued that the loss of the beach balls was due to a lack of understanding on the part of WDI. Luigi's was based on Flying Saucers but lacked the capacity or efficiency that was built in to the former attraction.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Mischievous Mouse

I wonder if someone got hit with one... and is suing!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Amen!

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 02:55 PM ----------

I know that many will disagree with me, but I don't see this attraction being around in 2-3 years.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

I agree. I mean, c'mon... you're floating over a bed of air in a flying tire in Cars Land, and you're going to pay more attention to playing with beach balls?

• Minion

Mint also mentions they aren't passing out activity pamphlets anymore...any info on what those were exactly? I read a bit about them in another thread, but haven't seen them at all.

I will say that while I was originally opposed to the beach balls before opening, I do think the attraction looks a little lack luster without them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast