Cry when talking about Disneyland..

Yesterday I was trying to explain to my boyfriend a specific aspect of Disneyland that makes me cry, but I wasn't sure if I conveyed it properly.

Tell me if any of you guys get what I'm talking about!

It's that feeling I get when I'm walking from one ride to another, at night. I walk by Fantasmic as it's going on, and see the ending in passing.

As much as I cry when I actually watch the whole show, this did me in for some reason.

It's like walking down the street and then seeing something like that next to you.

Just look to the right and there's Mickey, on top of TSI, shooting fireworks out of his hands, and a giant boat with all the characters with sparklers dancing, loud incredible music, and people cheering their heads off. Kids with their mouths hanging open, and some adults, who have never seen such magic before.

It's absolutely spectacular.

And I cry when I just talk about it. My boyfriend was laughing and telling me he thought I was sweet because by the time I was done describing it I was bawling, and laughing at myself for crying at a story I was telling (that wasn't really actually sad).

I have no idea why that show makes me cry so much. It is probably more nostalgia than anything, but I enjoy so much watching people's faces when they see the show. It's things like these that make me realize I need to have a job there, even if just part time.

Hopefully I wouldn't cry too much on the job, I'd try not to be a basket case.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Cry when talking about Disneyland..

Sometimes certain things give me the chills, or bring back fond memories but I can't say I've ever cried.

• Missing my AP

Being a Disney geek, I can understand although I myself have never cried during a Show. Fantasmic, and for that matter, most Disney entertainment, is very good at the telling a story in a way that grabs your imagination and heart as well. Any good book or movie does this so why not Fantasmic. It is like when your heart swells when singing the National anthem or when a song on the radio hits you where you live, you are not being silly, you are just in touch with your emotions and can see beyond the surface of things. Thank goodness you have this ability and haven't lost it like it seems the majority of people these days.
    As much as I dream about working at Disneyland, I would be afraid that it would dispell the magic for me.
    Thanks for posting such a personal story.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

This is the kind of thing I bring up whenever I hear a debate about what kind of rides Disney needs, and how to compete...COMPETE??...with universal et al. What Disneyland gives, can't be improved upon by a roller coaster. Just stop it with that. Disneyland makes people cry. That's all there is to it

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    Yesterday I was trying to explain to my boyfriend a specific aspect of Disneyland that makes me cry, but I wasn't sure if I conveyed it properly.

Tell me if any of you guys get what I'm talking about!

It's that feeling I get when I'm walking from one ride to another, at night. I walk by Fantasmic as it's going on, and see the ending in passing.

As much as I cry when I actually watch the whole show, this did me in for some reason.

It's like walking down the street and then seeing something like that next to you.

Just look to the right and there's Mickey, on top of TSI, shooting fireworks out of his hands, and a giant boat with all the characters with sparklers dancing, loud incredible music, and people cheering their heads off. Kids with their mouths hanging open, and some adults, who have never seen such magic before.

It's absolutely spectacular.

And I cry when I just talk about it. My boyfriend was laughing and telling me he thought I was sweet because by the time I was done describing it I was bawling, and laughing at myself for crying at a story I was telling (that wasn't really actually sad).

I have no idea why that show makes me cry so much. It is probably more nostalgia than anything, but I enjoy so much watching people's faces when they see the show. It's things like these that make me realize I need to have a job there, even if just part time.

Hopefully I wouldn't cry too much on the job, I'd try not to be a basket case.

I know what you mean. It happens to me with movies mainly... It happened to me for a while with Remember, when Walt's speech came on... I still get chills listening to that part of the soundtrack...But it also happened to me the other day with
    World Of Color... I think it's the only Disney show that has ever made me cry... anyways... I've cried listening to the music... and I cried the other day just thinking about it... I finally kinda got it.... (it DOES have a story) But more on that on another post...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Blew By You

Mostly, chills and a weepy eye. One year, I had a lump on my right lymph node by the clavicle. I dreaded that it was cancer. But it turned out to be benign. Just before the operation, I went to Disneyland with my wife and niece and nephew. It occured to me that I was definitely a mortal and would one day pass away. It hit me right there on Main Street, not a blubbery cry but a tear down the cheek. It definitely was a moment to remember.

• Minion

Not gonna lie, the fireworks make me cry. I just pretend I have something in my eye . I haven't had that reaction with F! but plenty with WoC and the parades. I bawled like a baby at the candlelight processional last Christmas. And my heart catches in my throat every time I go round Town Square and see the castle.

I cry when I look at my checking account after a weekend at Disneyland

• Vidia's Minion

When they add the glow with the show ears into Fantasmic it's going to make me cry.

Not in a good way

I know there are a lot of folks that don't really care for Magical, but that show always gets me a little misty-eyed.

Also seeing my kids meet Mickey for the first time really had an effect on me. It's these memories that keep us all coming back, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Mostly, chills and a weepy eye. One year, I had a lump on my right lymph node by the clavicle. I dreaded that it was cancer. But it turned out to be benign. Just before the operation, I went to Disneyland with my wife and niece and nephew. It occured to me that I was definitely a mortal and would one day pass away. It hit me right there on Main Street, not a blubbery cry but a tear down the cheek. It definitely was a moment to remember.

I just almost cried by reading this... that is beautiful bayouguy. I treasure these little moments inmensely.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...