Thumbs up Need input on the Carthay Circle Restaurant.

Hey everybody. I am going to be writing an article on my website about the
    Carthay Circle Restaurant. I wanted to get some input from you all. How the food
    was? What was your favorite dish? How was the atmosphere? How was the service?
    Just your overall experiance. If you guys could help me out that would be
    awesome. Thanks alot.
    Stop by our website at http://disneylandblackoutdates.com to check
    your blackout dates, get up to date info about Disneyland, and to just say
    hi.

"I only hope
    that we never lose sight of one thing -- that it was all started by a
    mouse."
    - Walt Disney

•   

Re: Need input on the Carthay Circle Restaurant.

I highly suggest since you're writing this for your website that you experience it first hand. Its hard to write about something just by second hand information, you just cant put your heart into it that way... Might as well just link to other sites!

just my $0.02

I will be going to the restuarant myself as well. I wanted your opinions too.
    hi.

"I only hope
    mouse."
    - Walt Disney

• Disneyland History Lover

I really like it. I've eaten there twice and both times have been a joy. The food is quite excellent, and the drinks are delicious. I've had the Pimm's Punch at the bar, and it's very refreshing. It's also fun to chat with the bartenders and watch them. The ambience and decor in there is absolutely gorgeous. I've had both the Pappardelle Pasta with house made chicken meatballs as well as the Cavatelli Pasta with Tuscan style Braised Lamb. Of the two, I preferred the Cavatelli chicken meatball pasta. As far as appetizers, the Carthay House Biscuits are really good. For non-alcoholic drinks, the fruit sodas are very tasty. My suggestions are that if you go, be sure and make an event out of it. Experience the bar and the restaurant and take in all the theming and gorgeousness of it. Also be sure and check out the restrooms.

Gorgeous atmosphere, friendly service. Strong cocktails! I was told this was actually on purpose, since the restaurant is themed on a time where cocktails were stronger, made with more mixes of different liquors and liquers with each other rather than mixing booze with juices etc. Delicious food, the biscuits were incredible (I'd literally go there for those alone) and the duck wings are great too. Ditto on checking out the washrooms - totally amazing.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Thank you both so much for your input. This is all great info and will give me some ideas for the article. Thanks again. I can't wait to go.
    hi.

"I only hope
    mouse."
    - Walt Disney

I haven't been to the restaurant (except for a peek in on my way back downstairs from the restroom), but I have been to the bar/lounge. As others have said, it's all about the atmosphere. Everything is perfect, right down to the printed menu.

I had the Bloody Mary, which was awesome and one of the best I've ever tried. My friend had... I think it was the Brown Derby, but I can't remember for sure. He enjoyed it a lot as well. We ate the Butcher's Plate, which was fantastic. We also had the duck sliders. They were good, but I don't feel the need to order them again.

In addition to the mixed drinks and wine on the bar menu, they serve several California beers. As in the rest of the Park, they have the Karl Strauss beers, but also a few from Anaheim Brewery, which I thought was a great idea. I am really happy that the two Hefeweizens served in DCA are both Bavarian style, and not American Hefs so they have the great smell and flavor or a true Hef, and not just another hopped up ale masquerading as something else.

This is going to be our new go-to hang out at DLR, instead of the Cove Bar. Next time I think I'll pair the Butcher's Plate with a Sangiovese. I am very much looking forward to the next time (and also to dining upstairs some time)!