Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments on the Lucky Fortune Cookery?

Is it pretty much like Panda Express, mall type food? The place was still under construction last time we were there. Hopefully a nice diversion from our usual hamburger and fries Disneyland trip diet.

Lucky Fortune Cookery | Dining & Restaurants | Disney California Adventure Park

•   

Re: Comments on the Lucky Fortune Cookery?

It's become one of my favorite places to eat in the Resort. Their rice bowls are pretty tasty.

Ate here in Feb ... I got some type of Spivey beef with veg and rice. Wasnt bad, large portion for one person or for two to share. Under 10$. Better quality than panda express, but not as good as a gourmet Chinese sit down restaurant.

• Minion

Much better than Panda Express, which I find to be rather bland. The spices might be overwhelming if you're just looking for a little kick rather than the bit of a burn you do get. Pretty large portions, but only if you eat the rice as well. It is a great deviation from the norm, so I'd say at least check it out. If you want an appetizer, you also get a lot of edamame for the price, if you're into that.

• Minion

Best value in DLR plus really good food!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Banned User

I really like the food there. They have a couple different sauce options, but enough to keep it simple.

• Down Pluto!

Like Panda Express, but I think it's better. It is a fast food type of item, but a good one and reasonably priced.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

The menu is more limited than Panda Express...basically it's just rice bowls where you get to pick from three different types of meat and four different sauces. But they are YUMMY and it has become one of my favorite quick service places at DLR.

I love spicy food and I love asian-inspired food. So I was mildly surprised when I tried these rice bowls and (whichever one I happen to have) got some actual (though relatively mild) heat.

They are definitely a very nice change from the burger/pizza/pressed chicken paradigm that you usually see in the parks.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Sock Puppet

I quite liked it. The green curry with tofu that I ordered was fairly comparable to what I usually get in a Thai restaurant and there were packets of sriracha available at the condiment counter, so I could adjust the heat to my liking. The protein options are chicken, beef or tofu and the sauce options are teriyaki, a Chinese orange sauce, Thai green curry or a sort of gochujang flavored Korean sauce. They're all served in a large takeout box with vegetables and a mix of brown and white rice (I seem to recall that you can also request only brown or white rice).

• Minion

Maybe I've just ordered the wrong thing because I think it's absolutely disgusting. In fact, I couldn't even handle a few bites and had to throw it away and find something else.

I think it's one of the most reasonably priced food offerings within the parks as well as one of the tastiest. I've tried pretty much everything and they're all delicious so you really can't go wrong!

And yes, much better than Panda Express.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

My question is why they still relate Pacific Wharf to Monterey's Cannery Row... Boudins, Ghirardelli, Chinese food, mexican food... these are all way more San Francisco than Monterey. Yes, the original design was to reflect monterey, but what about some love for the city that made California a state.

More on topic, I would truthfully rather see both the Lucky Fortune Cookery and Cocina Cocumunga go... I hate seeing such a beautiful part of the park being taken up by a large food court.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    More on topic, I would truthfully rather see both the Lucky Fortune Cookery and Cocina Cocumunga go... I hate seeing such a beautiful part of the park being taken up by a large food court.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lucky Fortune is the only restaurant in the resort that offers mainly Asian-inspired food. If it went, it'd be a huge shame. The idea of a food court area is a little carnival-esque, but I can't imagine what they'd put in such a small footprint.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Maybe I've just ordered the wrong thing because I think it's absolutely disgusting. In fact, I couldn't even handle a few bites and had to throw it away and find something else.
    Oh that's harsh, but I'm not a huge fan either...I do like Panda, maybe its the variety which "Lucky" lacks or should I say..."Rucky racks"
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast