Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Heavy Breather

Re: Indiana Jones refurbishment for Fall; Thunder slated to begin in Jan.

Very good news indeed.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• I'm a Lutheran

Fall protection doesn't irritate me or anything...but it's a bit ridiculous that rules just can't be obeyed. It's only a matter of time before they put handrails around the outdoor portion of Splash Mountain. Just out of curiosity, has fall protection been added at any of Southern California's theme parks? Or is it only for Orange County?

Anyways, it's great to hear about this refurbishment! Hopefully the ice roof effect gets up and running again. Don't remember it, but hey.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Done with MC.

According to the latest schedule info posted today, IAJ is still up through Sept 25.
    Where is the IAJ specific area on DL's web site that says it will be down?

This will really stink if true. We would have changed our plans knowing both the HM and IAJ were down.

EDIT, found it - very disappointed in Disney for not having this on the daily schedule.
    Last edited by ScottG; 08-14-2012 at 04:51 PM.

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    It seems that Disney used to do a better job of announcing such closures in advance.

I'll be there in September, and this annoucement would not have made a difference to my plans regardless, but what about other people?
    Darn Right! I am "other people". We are coming to DL on 09.10 for five days, flights & hotel booked, tickets purchased.

IJA still is not listed as closed for refurb on their calendar! Why not Disney? We accepted that HM and SM are both closed for holiday overlays, but now IJA...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Only at Disneyland could we miss Indiana Jones, Alice, Casey Jr, Space and Haunted Mansion in early September and still be excited. Can't miss that many ride in Magic Kingdom. :|

Well this is very disappointing!! it's closing just a few days before we get there! I would've much rather have Big Thunder down personally... Plus I really don't understand why they would have Space mountain, HM, AND Indy down all at the same time... if they were smart they woulda at least waited til sept. 15th after the others were re-opened.. very sad!

• Mischievous Mouse

I won't believe it until *IF* it shows up on the daily schedule, I talked to Disney guest relations today and they "can not confirm or deny" .

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be mildly disappointed come re-opening time. A lot of "I didn't notice any changes!" or "They didn't fix ________."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    I won't believe it until *IF* it shows up on the daily schedule, I talked to Disney guest relations today and they "can not confirm or deny" .
    Since it's already showing up on the actual ride's page, I'd go ahead and believe and accept it now. If something changes in the future then you can be shocked and excited.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Interesting. I too assume though that there will be a lot of behind-the-scenes work for reliability and not much (if anything) new will be added. I just hope they don't tone down the vehicles or something. I still wish they would bring in the Mission: Space style ability to choose how rough the adventure will be.

Awesome! Although it's sad for people visiting during these times, it has to happen. Unfortunately that's a reality of visiting during the off-season, multiple rides can be down for refurb. In the end though, it's better for everyone!

Indy needs it so bad too, that shy boulder needs to get its act together!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be mildly disappointed come re-opening time. A lot of "I didn't notice any changes!" or "They didn't fix ________."
    I pretty much have learned to expect nothing when it comes to refurbs...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Disneyland Original '55

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Hopefully the ice roof effect gets up and running again.
    Ice Roof??????????
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

•   
    • Minion

I'm so pleased BTMRR will be up for Halloween Time this year, and they're working on Indy instead.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by CritterCountryGirl View Post
    Well this is very disappointing!! it's closing just a few days before we get there! I would've much rather have Big Thunder down personally... Plus I really don't understand why they would have Space mountain, HM, AND Indy down all at the same time... if they were smart they woulda at least waited til sept. 15th after the others were re-opened.. very sad!
    Yes, it would have been nice if they waited until the Halloween rides were reopened, but perhaps they are more worried about running into some trouble and getting everything done in time for Christmastime... I daresay there would be twice as many people in the park to be livid about it being closed on December 15-20 than in ANY week in September.

I was surprised to see Al incorrectly report BTM's closure. The cast members there have been telling me for months and months that they are getting a big refurb starting in early 2013, very consistently whenever I ask about it. They've told me they know the main point of it will be getting better accessibility on the platforms and exit, and hinted at the possibility of show refreshes (about time they do something with those rocks they've turned off), but I remember from this board over a year ago that the news originally broke thanks to a large contractor who has been replacing tracks on many coasters in the US from the same era, so as Al said, I'm sure part of the main point is also to get the track updated as well. (And that means just replaced, not actually changed, for all you silly billies that think the ride could be expanded)

In terms of changes to Indy, while I'm sure the ball will be repaired and maybe some other show effects updated, and we'll have this nonsense about widening the bridge in the middle (what is the point of that again? I've been stopped in that spot, it's plenty wide to walk in and there are handrails that go up and down), what I REALLY want to see is it get a good, thorough scrubbing. There's like 17 years of dust and dirt in there, and not the kind you kick up with a little archaeology, either. Just look up next time you around about to step on the car and notice the huge dust bunnies hanging off all those vines, and the inches deep dust on all the little rock ledges around the ceiling. My sister is highly allergic to dust, and I am so surprised she doesn't react more when we ride this ride. YUCK! I would love to see the single rider line get reworked too, to be separate from the regular one the whole way, and other logistical things done to the queue (you know, it was originally compliant with ADA standards, just like everything in DCA, but that was pre-fastpass ). but I would be seriously shocked if any of that happened. Oh well, maybe next time, in another 17 or so years.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast