Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Food Report: Napa Rose Chef's Counter, Carthay Circle, & Club 33

Sexy looking food. I had a Homer Simpson moment looking at the pictures going "mmmmm".

• Hooterville, USA

I wish I could eat a wide variety of foods, but it isn't happening for me.

So, when I go to Club33 I feast on lobster and crab until I'm stuffed! Then I somehow find room for my fillet mignon and as many desserts as I can shove into my stomach.

We stay about 3 hours or until I'm able to waddle down the stairs.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• xmanmom

Beautiful foodie report! I love the Napa Rose and am looking forward to Carthay Circle in November. Alas, I will most likely only eat at Club 33 with my eyes through reports like this.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    Next up: more details on the lunch we had at the Carthay Circle Restaurant in July...

When we ate at the Carthay, our server asked if we wanted to do the World of Color dining package. Since we'd wanted to taste as many of the options as possible, we decided to get the package. It meant that in addition to our entrées, we also got 4 appetizers and 4 desserts.
    That sounds like a great package ... I often want, but skip, the appetizers, and when it is time for dessert will find excuses why I should not eat any more. But with this package ... no excuses or skipping.

Question: Does priority seating for World of Color come with the package?

• Ravenclaw

I love this! The Napa Rose is my favourite restaurant in Orange County. Last time I ate at the chef's table it was during the last Food and Wine Festival. Who should be sitting next to me but Chef Keegan Gerhard!!! I didn't even notice him at first, but his voice sounded so familiar when he talked with Chef Sutton. I looked over and had to ask my server if that was him, to which she discreetly said, " I can't really say", while nodding her head. I eventually tapped him on the shoulder and introduced myself, and he was gracious enough to take a picture with me at the end of his meal. The next day I was in the audience for his desserts demo and he spotted me. He called me out and said, "Hey, didn't we have dinner together last night?!" Only slightly embarassing
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• waitin' to board

....nice report...Thanks for posting.....

• I'm wishing

Great food report...the pictures are making me much to hungry for my budget!!

Bookwyrm, I'm thinking of booking the chef's table at Napa this October. Do they allow 3 people (me, wife and 10-year son) to sit there or is there only enough room for 2? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Oingofan View Post
    Bookwyrm, I'm thinking of booking the chef's table at Napa this October. Do they allow 3 people (me, wife and 10-year son) to sit there or is there only enough room for 2? Thx!
    There should be plenty of room for three! When we were there, the counter where we were seated had room for 4, so it held 2 parties of 2.

Do book soon, though, as they fill up quickly!

---------- Post added 08-22-2012 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lctom1 View Post
    Question: Does priority seating for World of Color come with the package?
    We got priority seating, yes. We were able to show up 5 minutes prior to the start of the show, and still get a spot in the center of the viewing area. (reserved for dining package people) Our shorter party members still had trouble seeing over heads, though we probably could have squeezed our way a little further forward to avoid this.

---------- Post added 08-22-2012 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    I love this! The Napa Rose is my favourite restaurant in Orange County. Last time I ate at the chef's table it was during the last Food and Wine Festival. Who should be sitting next to me but Chef Keegan Gerhard!!! I didn't even notice him at first, but his voice sounded so familiar when he talked with Chef Sutton. I looked over and had to ask my server if that was him, to which she discreetly said, " I can't really say", while nodding her head. I eventually tapped him on the shoulder and introduced myself, and he was gracious enough to take a picture with me at the end of his meal. The next day I was in the audience for his desserts demo and he spotted me. He called me out and said, "Hey, didn't we have dinner together last night?!" Only slightly embarassing
    Great story! Sounds embarrassing but worth it!
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 08-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Having dined at all three, I'd say Napa Rose is definitely the most scrumptious, followed closely by Carthay Circle. I think it's more the uniqueness and prestige of Club 33 that makes it so special. As a side note, if you haven't tried Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel, you're missing out!

Great report!! Everything looked yummy!

I agree with writers sentiments on Carthay Circle completely. My wife and I decided to go their to celebrate our 5th anniversary in July. It was also our first time visiting DCA since the re-opening. I really feel like to get the whole flavor (pun sort of intended)of Buena Vista street you need to eat there.

The meal was well worth the money. Our server gave us the jalapeño balls with compliments for our anniversary. The simple salad was anything but simple or small. My wife had the southwestern corn soup. It was a little too spicy for her but very well made. She had the quail (as good as it was at Napa Rose) and I enjoyed the rack of lamb very much. Our server was fantastic but yes the service was slow. We were having so much fun we hardly noticed the time go by. Chef Sutton was running the line that night. It was fun to wTch him work from our table.

For those concerned about the price of the meal Id consider eating downstairs at the bar area. The lounge is beautiful and the appetizers looked pretty good.

Last but not least, they have very good cocktails. I had the best daiquiri I've ever had there.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelL View Post
    My wife and I decided to go their to celebrate our 5th anniversary in July.
    What a great place to go for an anniversary. My wife and I will celebrate our 40th next year ... we'll have to try this for sure (and I won't forget the daiquiris!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12