Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Candlelight Processional showing on 20 nights this Holiday Season (Merged)

What I dont get it is, DCA didnt do well as a single park. They started out with AP for just that park and tickets and it didnt go over because when the park opened it didnt have enough to do to keep the guest going for full day. So park hopper was the best way for it all to work. We paid a high price for DCA and it not being a full day park. So didnt we pay upfront for the new additions?

Ive been an PAP since the 90's, back when the cards were laminated and we got perfired parking. I too use to do birthday and xmas shopping in the parks (which I now dont do). My husband and I no longer feel the AP are worth it, for both of us its like $1200. We rather put that towards a vacation and that is our choice. The one- two day park hopper ticket prices are getting to high in cost that Im not sure if we will be returning to DLR and thats sad. I have a lot of friends who are saying they wont be going. Until attendance drops significantly, Disney will continue to raise the price. The only way to stop that is to stop going, which I dont see a lot of people doing.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

My sister, niece and I are heading there the beginning of December. We haven't bought our air tickets yet, we have to fly 1000's of miles to get there, and now all this talk of overcrowding & congestion problems are scaring me! We are also going to Vegas, but I'm trying to figure out whether we should go there first or go to DL first, our dates are Nov. 30-Dec. 8. We are going to take the Lux bus in between the two cities, so I'm thinking we are going to have to go with the first plan, which is to go to DL first, then Vegas for the later half of the trip. One reason is that the bus doesn't leave Vegas until 330p and gets to Anaheim at 8:00p, which wastes more than 1/2 the day. Flying into Anaheim on 11/30, we could get there as early as 930a, 11a, 230 or 5p (there are later times, but I want to get there before dinnertime). They wanted 3 days in the park, but I'm thinking 4 because if we end up taking one of the earlier flights, we may not be able to check into our hotel until 3p, then what would we do? I guess we could go to Downtown Disney & eat there even if we didn't have an extra ticket for that day. Another thought I had though was that it might be a lot less crowded on that Friday the 30th then the weekend? I want to try to do the CP on the 3rd, that's why I started reading this thread, and now I"m terrified because my sister hasn't been for years and she hasn't even seen DCA and to have the crowd levels the way they sound might shun her away for another 25 years! I may have to bite the bullet. It's too bad the first two nights are blocked off for special invites only.
    Last edited by alaskatink; 10-06-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Has anyone heard any updates on this yet? Rumored narrators, what restaurants are offering dining packages, pricing..... All I keep hearing is early November they will be releasing the details. I'm really surprised with all the issues they have had in the past with the reservation systems that they are only going to give themselves a couple weeks before the first show to get everything booked.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by djpsdaddy View Post
    Has anyone heard any updates on this yet? Rumored narrators, what restaurants are offering dining packages, pricing..... All I keep hearing is early November they will be releasing the details. I'm really surprised with all the issues they have had in the past with the reservation systems that they are only going to give themselves a couple weeks before the first show to get everything booked.
    No details yet, I'd guess they are waiting for Halloween to wind down.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910