Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Candlelight Extended To 20 Nights This Year - Dec 1-20

maybe a week would be great in case any of those days get rained out but twenty days seems a bit long

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

So many questions about this....

I've been to Disneyland once during Candlelight. While it was nice to watch the carolers walking down the street from a bench across from the Plaza Inn, there was no way I was going to try to get anywhere near Main Street and the train station. I spent my time everywhere else since I didn't really care that much about seeing it. Since it was just the one weekend, it wasn't so bad.

But now that its every night... not sure if that will disperse the crowds out over the 20 days rather than everyone coming just the one weekend or not.

How are they going to get 20 celebrities to read the Christmas story?

And according to what the park blog says, it looks like all the nights, except for the first 2 that are invitation only are open only to AP's to buy the dinning packages. Does that mean only AP's can buy the packages? They keep raising and raising the prices of the AP's to thin the herd so to speak then they keep coming up with even more ways to suck more money out of the APs that are left.

What scares me is if they try to make this a hard ticket event, like the Halloween parties where you have to have a dining package or an event ticket and if you don't... you don't get in.

I've never personally cared about Candlelight, but I appreciated it for what it was, and thought it was a nice ceremony.... for the one weekend. But extending it for almost 3 weeks and expanding the dining packages to a certain demographic just commercializes it.

What is also interesting, since the Disney blog moderates the comments before they are posted is that every single comment over there is if not outright positive about this, is neutral.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

re: Candlelight Processional showing on 20 nights this Holiday Season (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by JneratorX View Post
    how about the Jamboree area? for some reason i feel this fitting more there thematically than in Fantasyland... its still American... just American Southwest, instead of the East/Middle America with Main Street.
    Actually that even sounds like a good idea. You have dining area already there for the dinner package then everyone can funnel into the Jamboree area. If it was at the Fantasyland theater the dinner area would be somewhere else then you would have funnel people into the theater so you would have to check people twice once at dinner then again entering the theater. Only problem is the Jamboree area is a small stage, but that area is really well decorated for the holidays.

• Halloween 2011

^Apparently my less-than-positive comment was not accepted. But from reading the Officially Cheerful Disney responses to the others, I see that ALL PERFORMANCES ARE SCHEDULED FOR TOWN SQUARE.

• Halloween 2011

According to the Official Disney responses to posted comments, all performances are scheduled for Town Square. See their answers to comments 12 and 15:
    An Early Holiday Gift for Disneyland Guests: Twenty Nights of Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony Performances Scheduled for 2012 « Disney Parks Blog

Erin Glover on August 16th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Don’t worry, Theresa – all performances will take place in Town Square.

Erin Glover on August 16th, 2012 at 11:49 am

Margo – Unfortunately I don’t have the answers to all your questions right now, but I can confirm that all performances will take place in Town Square.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Yuck - too much. Hurts DL.. hurts the event itself.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    This seems more of a money making scheme. The Candlelight Procession is an event, in my opinion. Now it seems more like a cash bash, clogging up the Main Street area. This is not a good idea.
    Well duh, It's obvious they are expanding to make more money. This is Disney it's a business and making money is the ultimate goal. A nice benefit is many more people will have a chance to see this event than in the past.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 08-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.

• I'm wishing

Ummm, where was the huge guest request for this?? I can definitely see adding a couple more nights, either do it twice a week for 3 weeks or the first weekend of December and the last weekend before Christmas, but 20 nights in a row?? Are they really getting all those singers 20 nights in a row? Are they getting one celebrity or 20 different celebs?

Way too much for the Town Square and I don't even believe there is enough demand for it when you balance the number of people and effort it takes to put it on each night. Not to say that I haven't enjoyed it (either passing by or actually watching it for a while), but this is too much.

• Master of Disaster

perhaps there is some sort of refurb planned for the trains and 20 days in december without the main street station is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Ummm, where was the huge guest request for this?? I can definitely see adding a couple more nights, either do it twice a week for 3 weeks or the first weekend of December and the last weekend before Christmas, but 20 nights in a row?? Are they really getting all those singers 20 nights in a row? Are they getting one celebrity or 20 different celebs?

Way too much for the Town Square and I don't even believe there is enough demand for it when you balance the number of people and effort it takes to put it on each night. Not to say that I haven't enjoyed it (either passing by or actually watching it for a while), but this is too much.
    Requiring it to be a hard ticket event for all others than AP holders may help to absorb some of the cost of staging such a production for so many performances.

There has been much speculation and discussion as to how to handle the burgeoning AP crowds, and providing access to special events seemed to be a popular theme.

That said, it does beg the question as to whether the intention is to close the park down early for these events, or handle them as mix-ins as in the days of the old "private parties" held by large corporations in the park.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tink-erbell View Post
    Requiring it to be a hard ticket event for all others than AP holders may help to absorb some of the cost of staging such a production for so many performances.
    So your proposal is to close the park to all other guests, preventing them from enjoying the Castle and snow on Main Street and, more importantly, preventing them from spending, spending, spending in all the stores? I can't see how that would go over well with the accountants at TDA.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

It seems we have two threads going on this. Perhaps a merge might be in order?

This is such bummer news. The Candlelight Processional is very special to some, a huge pain in the neck to those who hate seeing that end of Main Street clogged by people and folding chairs. When not in use, the set-up really ends up being an eyesore on an otherwise beautifully decorated section of the park.

Twenty days is much, much too much.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Replace your post with Fantasmic! and you would be spot on.
    I think I'd sound pretty ignorant...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    So your proposal is to close the park to all other guests, preventing them from enjoying the Castle and snow on Main Street and, more importantly, preventing them from spending, spending, spending in all the stores? I can't see how that would go over well with the accountants at TDA.
    They do it with Halloween. Halloween at Disneyland is a hard ticket item and if you don't have a ticket for the party you are sent out of the park and its closed to all except for those that have a ticket. I can see them doing something like this with the Candlelight. Now that DCA can more or less stand on its own with Cars Land (in TDA's eyes) they can start using Disneyland for more "private" events that they can charge extra for. The only difference right now is the Halloween party is only what... 3 days a week and not 20 straight days... but this may only be the beginning.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast