Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Disney friends are #1

Re: Candlelight Extended To 20 Nights This Year - Dec 1-20

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Usually when the Candlelight goes on there are no parades that time all day.
    Incorrect. Looking through my Candlelight weekend turnstile handouts from the past 4 years, the parades DID still perform on the Candlelight dates. It's just that the parade route was slightly altered so that the parade bypassed the staging area by not going around the Town Square loop (taking the same route as Celebrate: A Street Party). Instead, the parade was scheduled earlier at 1:00 and 3:00 (normal parade time was 3:30 and 6:30).
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 08-21-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    They do it with Halloween. Halloween at Disneyland is a hard ticket item and if you don't have a ticket for the party you are sent out of the park and its closed to all except for those that have a ticket. I can see them doing something like this with the Candlelight. Now that DCA can more or less stand on its own with Cars Land (in TDA's eyes) they can start using Disneyland for more "private" events that they can charge extra for. The only difference right now is the Halloween party is only what... 3 days a week and not 20 straight days... but this may only be the beginning.
    Perhaps the other difference is that the Halloween parties occur in the shoulder season; the month of December is, in contrast, peak season with a lot of AP blockouts, etc.

In October, the park normally closes at 8 on most days, so the (weekday) Halloween parties extend into hours when DLR wouldn't even be open to the public anyway.

In December, by the middle of the month it's open to 12 most days. Candlelight starts early, so if they wanted to close early and hard-ticket it, they'd be cutting off a lot of regular park hours.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post

I'm wondering if this year's Candlelight is already planned for the Fantasyland Theater seeing as they evicted the princesses long before they had a new permanent "home". I think the Fantasyland Theater can be restructured in time for the Christmas season. It's not like they have to build any sets or scenery. They just have to make room for LOTS of people both in the audience AND on stage. Remember, Disneyland opened less than one year from the date of it's ground breaking. Three months to re-purpose (i.e. strip out) the Fantasyland Theater sounds like plenty of time to me. I have a feeling that we've seen our last Candlelight Processional on Main Street.
    These are some quotes from Erin, the Disney rep on the Disney Park Blog:

Erin Glover on August 16th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Don’t worry, Theresa – all performances will take place in Town Square.

Margo – Unfortunately I don’t have the answers to all your questions right now, but I can confirm that all performances will take place in Town Square.

So looks like they will have Main Street tied up for all 20 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Perhaps the other difference is that the Halloween parties occur in the shoulder season; the month of December is, in contrast, peak season with a lot of AP blockouts, etc.

In October, the park normally closes at 8 on most days, so the (weekday) Halloween parties extend into hours when DLR wouldn't even be open to the public anyway.

In December, by the middle of the month it's open to 12 most days. Candlelight starts early, so if they wanted to close early and hard-ticket it, they'd be cutting off a lot of regular park hours.
    Good point.... unless they just extended the hours of DCA to compensate for it.

At this point other than the fact that every... single.... performance WILL be on Main Street and Town Square, and that "From December 3-20, Candlelight performances will be open to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders and guests booking special, to-be-announced dining packages" we don't yet have a lot of details and specifics about the event this year.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Wow I really enjoy Candlelight but I really don't like the idea of Main Street being taken over by it for 20 nights. This is going to create a crowd nightmare as it will be hard to exit and enter the park when the performance is going on.

I know TDA thinks DCA is going to suck up most of the crowds but when it comes to the holidays Disneyland still has more going on like fireworks, parade, Santa's village, snow, HM Holiday, and Small World. Besides decorations what else will DCA have?

As only having it for the APers it is probably because APers in the past flooded the park and camped out causing a huge headache for crowd control while loosing money. This is a way for them to get money from APers during the Candlelight. Also could be from the drop in APs the past few months.

Cool Re: Candlelight Extended To 20 Nights This Year - Dec 1-20

Well, the world ends on the 21st, so you might as well go out in style.

• Queen Elsa

I'm an APer and I don't really care about the Candellight stuff so I'm not going to do there dumb stuff. Like I said 2 nights is planty for this not 20. Like others have said it's going to make Disneyland more crowded then it is now. To me this is not going to be a good Christmas year at DL. Btw when does Christmas season start this year at DL?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Well, the world ends on the 21st, so you might as well go out in style.
    Who knew that 20 straight days of the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland would be a signal of the apocalypse?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

Who knew that 20 straight days of the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland would be a signal of the apocalypse?
    lol

•   
    • Minion

Good point.... unless they just extended the hours of DCA to compensate for it.
    Yes...DCA where half of Paradise Pier is shut at night for World of Color (including their only real roller coaster) and there aren't any fireworks or large holiday parades like DLR.

Even with Cars Land and BVS, Disneyland is far more special at the holidays, and has more attractions. I think that I'd be ticked if I had come to Disneyland on a holiday vacation, paid for a full price hopper ticket and ended up getting shuttled over to DCA at 5pm.

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Wait a second...is this a ticketed event, like MHP?!?! If so, I'm screwed. My fiance and I are going from December 9th to the 16th and there is NO WAY we are paying extra money to stay in Dinseyland every single night we are there.....
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Still lost in Neverland

Sorry, but I think this is the worst idea they have ever come up with. I usually avoid the Park around the days of Candlelight. I jams up Main Street for hours and makes being there just not doable. I love the idea and have even been to a few. I just think 20 nights in a row will be the death of it. They seem now to be Heckbent on completely destroying the entire Christmas holidays at Disneyland. To bad as it was my favorite time to go. Not this year.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    Wait a second...is this a ticketed event, like MHP?!?! If so, I'm screwed. My fiance and I are going from December 9th to the 16th and there is NO WAY we are paying extra money to stay in Dinseyland every single night we are there.....
    AFAIK, no. We're just discussing the pros and cons of making it a hard ticketed event, like MHP, because of all the crowding it's going to cause in Main Street.

I was just about to book for Dec. 7-12 last week before I read this thread. In your guys' honest opinions, do you think that's a wise idea now?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Right now a lot of things are just speculation. Sure people can form opinions on past experiences of the event. However, it may hske out a whole lot differently than what the majority seems to feel that it will.

• Queen Elsa

Maybe if we start to complan to Disneyland that this will only be for this year and that they will go back to there two nights only verison like they always had in the pass. I don't mine the Candlelight but not 20 days I think this is way to much. Why not use the Muppet theater for this or like some said Aladdin's. That be better or even at Big Thunder Range.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast