• Nic

Firefly Cirques Du Soleil in Critter Country

If Disney had the space, somewhere, anywhere, even remotely close to Critter Country, I'd love to see a Cirques Du Soleil type show, based on the Fireflies in "The Princess and the Frog".

The show would keep all of the aspects its brothers and sisters would; acrobats, trapeze artists, and everything else that makes those shows so thrilling. But, their costumes would be lit up, showing the firefly aspect of the show.

The stage would be dimly lit, so that the audience could appreciate what the acrobats are doing (and not just seeing yellow lights flying across the stage), while keeping thee amazing light show.

The show would follow the stages of a firefly's life in this case Roy (from the Princess and the Frog) the firefly's life.

Keeping with the whimsy of Disney, the show would be emceed by a witty, cajun firefly, Roy's son Jerome.

I think this could add wonder for young audiences, and a more mature aspect to Disneyland for adults coming to the park without kids.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Firefly Cirques Du Soleil in Critter Country

Not a bad idea! Sounds very magical to me.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Wow how creative and entertaining. I've seen a few cirque shows in Vegas and I am in awe each time.
    It could be really amazing with some Disney flare.

• -

Maybe they can dress all the performers in bear suits and call it Cirques du Country Bear.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Cirque has already done an entire show based on insects -- Ovo -- so they could come up with some fabulous material, if they took on such a project.

Seems more appropriate for "A Bug's Land."

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    If Disney had the space, somewhere, anywhere, even remotely close to Critter Country, I'd love to see a Cirques Du Soleil type show, based on the Fireflies in "The Princess and the Frog".

The show would keep all of the aspects its brothers and sisters would; acrobats, trapeze artists, and everything else that makes those shows so thrilling. But, their costumes would be lit up, showing the firefly aspect of the show.

The stage would be dimly lit, so that the audience could appreciate what the acrobats are doing (and not just seeing yellow lights flying across the stage), while keeping thee amazing light show.

The show would follow the stages of a firefly's life in this case Roy (from the Princess and the Frog) the firefly's life.

Keeping with the whimsy of Disney, the show would be emceed by a witty, cajun firefly, Roy's son Jerome.

I think this could add wonder for young audiences, and a more mature aspect to Disneyland for adults coming to the park without kids.
    This would be awesome if Cirque could collaborate with the Entertainment department but based on the last hissy-fit they (Entertainment) had over GlowFest, I doubt this would come to flourish. At one point during the early 2000's, Cirque Du Soleil was considering building a theater and an original production in the Downtown Disney area (similar to WDW) but the plans were quickly pulled when Disney refused to grant CDS full creative control over the finished product. The collaboration would later take residency at Tokyo Disney in the form of ZED.
    "Maybe the definition of home is the place where you are never forgiven, so you may always belong there, bound my guilt. And maybe the cost of belonging is worth it."

• Insomniac

Meh don't really care for ciquedu soleil. Interesting idea, but if they did do something like this it would fit better in NOS (since Princess and the Frog is based in New Orleans).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

I'm all for a circus-type show but after seeing Ka in Vegas, I can't say that Cirque du Soleil really strikes me as a Disney thing. The themes for the shows seem very dark and heavy, but the acrobatics and visuals are all top-notch. I personally don't see the difference between making a child-friendly Cirque du Soleil show and not using the brand name, though. DLR could just take a page from the Festival of the Lion King's book and do something that leans in that direction.