Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    I had an incident once in line for Big Thunder. A woman was politely going through the line because the rest of her party was already in line. Now, you don't normally believe that, but she was pretty polite about it, so people were letting her through. A man in fron tof my mother and I started cursing at her for cutting in line. My mother, the wonderfully outspoken woman she is, told him to shut up (not in those words exactly) and reminded him that children were present (I do not remember seeing any with him). He then proceeded to taunt my mother. This may seem "Disney elitist" but people who behave like that she just not be allowed in the park. They dont deserve that kind of happiness *Hmmph!* Seriously, though. It was just rude and highly unnessesary...
    It is usually at Disneyland when I think this:

If we spend 1/3 of our lives asleap... I wonder how much of it we spend waiting in line for splash mountain?
    Last edited by cellarhound; 03-15-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    There are lots of bad parents out there, no doubt about it. Many too soft, most too harsh, and allmost all WAY too inconsistant. When you're in a good mood, the rules are this. When you're in a bad mood, the rules are something else.
    And it happens to almost everyone we know... The problem is you watch the drama play out... And it is just that a drama... Almost like it is scripted...

And it is completely avoidable...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    ACLU baby! Freaking saintity of individualism cripples the ability of an instituation to do anything that singles anyone our for bad marks.

Used to be that "Gay Days" were unsupported by Disney because it intially seemed to fly in the face of the family values that Disney supports. After enough complaints and facing the fact that a large portion of male CMs are in fact themselves gay, Disney began support for the program.

It goes the same with all behavior, our letigious society has gone so far we are crippled by our own law system and we cannot refuse the right to refuse service anymore. Customer is always right. Its sick but if a guest pushes a CM that CM cannot defend him or herself legally. You must be made to suffer the insults and taunts of guests because that guest paid for admission an deserves the right to heckle you.

you are my god LOL speak out brother LOL
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Greetings, Program!

Early one day, when Indy was still in the first year of it's immense popularity, I was in the queue with my then-GF. The line had already stretched out of Adventureland and around to the gateway of Frontierland. There was an Indian family behind me, four - maybe five of them, and people were piling onto this line by the second.

A very fit, athletic black man and his son (perhaps 8 years old) had decided that it didn't matter how many had already gotten into the queue - he'd chosen his and his son's spot. He proceeds to slip in behind me and directly in front of the Indian family. I could see the rather perturbed look on their faces at being disregarded so blatantly. The man himself just went on about his day, looking around thru sunglasses as if this was just the norm.

Now, I did what in this day and age can be considered very stupid and dangerous - but I couldn't help myself. I decided to confront another human being. I think it was the fact that these Indians looked so intimidated by this event that set me off. I've always hated bullies...in all of their shapes and sizes. I'm also very impulsive....I don't always think before speaking or acting.

"The end of the line's back there," I advised the guy.

His response can't be repeated here without getting creative.

Well, the finer memories of the next few minutes have faded with the passing of time, but I do remember some things much clearer than others.

- The guy was about as fit as Wesly Snipes, and just as intimdating to look at.
    - He was ready and willing to fight me right then and there, and he let me know by shoving me several times.
    - Thinking that if I engaged him, I would surely lose. If I didn't end up in a hospital, the day would be over regardless knowing the park's policy about people fighting: You fight, You go.

As he continued to goad me, I kept my back to him and my body in between him and my GF (who was terrified at this point). I scanned about for a security officer, but of course, there was none to be found. There was no way I was going to leave this line and leaving my GF near this guy, and I wasn't about to send her off on some easter egg hunt either. Nor was I going to chased from this line. The best thing I could think of turned out to be a miserable failure of a move in retrospect.

A kid of about maybe 19 was watching the queue, and he was the closest thing to authority I could find in the immediate area. I told him of everything that had gone down, including the physical challenging. The guy was standing right there as I relayed the story, doing so not as angry guest, but being very, very sardonic about it. Well, I can't really blame this poor kid for being scared (and believe you me - he was), but I do wish he'd at least had a radio. His solution was to actually have the guy step out of line for a few seconds while others passed. I'm actually amazed this guy agreed to it, but I was equally amazed at the "solution" to this problem.

As we got further and further in line away from the guy, the Indian family behind me thanked me for speaking up. That almost calmed the Neil Peart drum solo my heart was doing. My GF hugged me and thanked me for not getting into what would have been a very bad beating, I'm sure. Well, with this guy being allowed back in line, we'd inevitably passed each other as the queue zigged and zagged.

"Happy now, **ss*?" he asked, actually bearing a toothy grin.

Not to be outdone (again without thinking), I returned the grin. "Yup. Thanks for asking!"

I then overheard him muttering to his eight year old son not to "grow up to be a **ss*. Suberb parenting there, Chief!

It was a weird sort of justice in that he was made to wait roughly the equivalent of people he'd cheated out of line, but in my head, he should have been booted the second he'd took physical action against another guest. Sure, I could have followed up on this by having one of the cast members call for an officer to meet us at the exit, but my GF was celebrating a birthday that day.

I just didn't have the heart to stir the waters any more than had been done. I wanted to salvage what was left.

I kicked that guy's *** several different times during the drive home in my imagination.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I was at the Haunted Mansion last Friday and I was next to a couple in the stretching gallery and the girl was telling her boyfriend "you really don't remember this ride?" and the guy said "no, I don't think I've ever been in here" and it was extremely loud inside because of obnoxious guests. I figured that everybody would quiet down once Master Gracey began his spiel, but I should have known better.
    It seemed as if everybody got slightly LOUDER to speak OVER the narration. It was absolutely ridiculous. I didn't mind as much because I've been on the ride so many times, but I felt SO bad for the guy who I was near because he was looking around at the stretching portraits with a sense of confused wonder as if he were thinking "wow, this is amazing.. if only i could hear what was going on"

It's a shame people aren't considerate. This guys first time (or at least first MEMORY) at the Haunted Mansion was ruined because of loud, obnoxious day guests who shouldn't have even been at the ride if they weren't going to shut up at all.

It was even more annoying when the Hallway to Limbo was just as loud, if not louder than the stretching gallery because people talked even louder to drown out the lightning sound effects and the further narration by Gracey.

Sad.

If only Disney could figure out a way to really get guests to act right. But I guess rude people will continue being rude people as long as they have the capability of breathing.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 03-15-2005 at 07:30 PM.

• Sock Puppet

I have never had a bad time at Disneyland, but a few unfortunate events have occured during a few visits:
    -Being the polite person I am, a small child wanted to hold my sock monkey and so I gave in and let the kid see him. It started out fine, but things changed from good to horrible in an instant! The kid bit his tail and proceeded to rip his ear off. It was a nightmare. A nightmare horrific.
    -A Turkish woman, thinking I wouldn't notice, reached into my back pocket, removed my wallett, took out $4.00 and returned the wallett to my pocket. She then proceeded to spend the four dollars on fortunes from that pirate at pieces of eight!
    -As I was waiting in line for Space Mountain, two elderly individuals spit on my shoe; claiming that "young people these days have no understanding for the value of a dollar."
    -Approached by two "unmarked cast members" I was told that my purchasing of 13 frozen bananas in one day could be considered suspicious activity and that I had better disperse me spending in a less prejudice manner.
    -After answering a question wrong during one of the mock-quiz shows in Innoventions, a rather large and immobile man with a right on his finger that didn't appear to be married informed me that fat people are smarter than fit people and proceeded to eat the rest of my 13th frozen banana.

To name a few.

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    I think the reason ticket prices continue to rise is to keep the "riff raff" out.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Banned User

At New Years, I accidently stepped on a ladies blanket she had laid out on the side walk and she totally blew it out of proportion. I was walking along the sidewalk not noticing it was laid out and accidently stepped on it. She stood up and went balistic on me. I kept saying I was sorry and she started cussing me out. I said something back to her and then some guy walked up to me and said she was his mother and he didn't like how I was talking to her and how I was being a bad influence on his kid. She was the one that was yelling the cuss words to me for ACCIDENTLY stepping on her BLANKET. She must of had a LONG day and something was riding up because she was being and complete- oh, I can't say that word. But that was a bad experience that was completely rediculous.

Another time, I was with a few friends. We were waiting to get on Star Tours and when that pre-ride video came on, they started laughing at the ladies hair-do and saying immature remarks. Then we got on the ride, and they were being completely immature. When the captain said "cockpit", they were like, "HAHAHA, he said ****!" It was very immature of them and ruined the experience of the ride. Not to mention, they were dressed like complete wierdos.

• Banned User

You know what, I think people really under-estimate the amount of power Disneyland cast members and security have over them. People must think that just because this is the Happiest Place on Earth, they can get away with anything. Meanwhile, they really have to no idea how much they're being watched and how in a matter of minutes, they can be removed from the park for doing, stuff, to say the least. Am I wrong?

• e komo mai

I hate to be a nerdy sunny side upper here, but if I really want to have a good time at DL, nothing can sour it.

• Queen of Randomness

My mom and I were in line for Autopia and a father and his about 10 year old son were behind as. Appartently the father thought that it was funny to make insulting comments to our face about how women weren't good drivers and telling his son to watch out for any women drivers while on the ride. What really bothered me was that he was doing this infront of his son and teaching him not to respect women.

I have a really big problem with people walking into me through out the park. It doesn't bother me to much at the beginning, figuring that it was an accident, but after it happens all day it feels that people really don't care if they run into or hit you with their stupid strollers.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I hate to be a nerdy sunny side upper here, but if I really want to have a good time at DL, nothing can sour it.
    Good positive outlook though.

• Sock Puppet

I know exactly what SurfedUpDane is talking about. I have some of those exact same experiences.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I heard from a friend about this guest that had teretts syndrome (random uncontrolled swearing) being in the old WDW alien encounter attraction. When the lights went out and the chair restraints were down, the creature started roaming the room, and this guy got scared and started to yell, spewing every profane word you could imagine faster than an M16 in Baghdad. The kids in the room were dumbfounded.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    It's not offecsive to me. I am part Mexican, and consider myself Latino- and I have to be honest that some of "my" people are the worst behaved, EVER.

Just as there is more than one kind of white folk, there is more than one kind of hispanic/latino. Some are polite and educated while others are boors.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast