Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Saddlesore Swanson
    To be clear, I honestly don't think anybody in this thread had malicious intent in mentioning whatever applicable backgrounds of the offending guests. Again, I am just the type of person who notices those kind of things in discussions, and it's something that really sticks out to me (uhh, that was a redundant sentence! :-) ) And yeah, I guess that kinda stuff bothers me. And I don't think Soulquarian was necessarily calling anybody a racist either.... And now I would normally say something like, "But if the shoe fits, find a matching purse..." but I'll refrain. ;-)

• șoș Tom șoș

I said ankle bitters? Break the tension? Nooo? Ok, I'll go *flies away*

• Greetings, Program!

I can't speak for others....only myself, so I will. When I tell a story, I do so in detail. I describe every nuance, every inch of the experience. I do it because it's simply the way I relay ideas. If describing races and nationalities come into the story, it's for the sake of completion. If someone takes offense to that little detail, then it's something that they chose to be offended over. I have zero control over that. This 'walking on eggshells' approach that many people have adopted (not just here, but in general) just contributes to our society's continued morphing into the Offended States of America, land of frivolous lawsuits and buzz words like "Emotional Distress".

Quote Originally Posted by saddlesore
    To be clear, I honestly don't think anybody in this thread had malicious intent in mentioning whatever applicable backgrounds of the offending guests.
    I couldn't agree more, Saddlesore. (hey that rhymes)

Anyway, I've said my piece.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Saddlesore Swanson
    (removed this message cuz this whole discussion is starting to bum me out)
    Last edited by Saddlesore Swanson; 03-17-2005 at 08:01 PM.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    -After answering a question wrong during one of the mock-quiz shows in Innoventions, a rather large and immobile man with a right on his finger that didn't appear to be married informed me that fat people are smarter than fit people and proceeded to eat the rest of my 13th frozen banana.

To name a few.
    I know who THAT was...

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson
    Whewww. I really never meant to get into this whole discussion on a DL board, but that's what I get for opening that can of worms in the first place.
    I trust then that the phrase "agree to disagree" is not lost on you then? For the sake of the topic and not getting this thread locked, I'm willing to drop this here and now.

• Saddlesore Swanson
    Sure, dude.

But may I quote one song we all know? Hold my hand and sing with me, "There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware, it's a small world after all."

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson
    Sure, dude.

But may I quote one song we all know? Hold my hand and sing with me, "There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware, it's a small world after all."

Err.....

• Saddlesore Swanson
    i don't get it...

• Saddlesore Swanson
    the "hold my hand" part? uhhh... that wasn't a literal statement.

• Greetings, Program!

Was a reference to an 80's flick. Nothing important. Move along....nothing to see here.

• Saddlesore Swanson
    oh okay, from Fish Called Wanda... gotcha <moving along>

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    If only Disney could figure out a way to really get guests to act right. But I guess rude people will continue being rude people as long as they have the capability of breathing.
    Well, they need to start thinking of something. I have never made any complaints to city hall but this is the topic that is going to make me complain every time I visit. It's not just me; the experience is getting ruined for so many of us.
    This is SO much more important than peeling paint or (insert popular complaint here). People yelling on attractions, taking flash pictures, it's just getting out of hand. They don't seem to be making any effort at all to curb this...Is it that they don't know how upset it makes us? Let's be heard!

• Puppy Cuddles

Oh whee to start with rude people. I have come to believe that while individual persons are okay, people as a whole are satan's mob. I have many stories of individual guests, but the best are:

1. In line at HM, there was a little girl (4 at the oldest) who looked...off. She had dropped her Minnie Mouse doll and I bent down to pick it up because mom was holding her and it was definitely easier for me. The girl just kind of stared blankly at me. Whatever, kids don't like strangers. But she didn't ever really stop staring at me with this dazed look. Fifteeen minutes later (Line was long b/c it was the holiday season), projectile vomit spews forth from this girl and hits both me and my cousin. The woman does not apologize, does not warn anyone else in line or a CM, but just leaves the line. I understand kids throw up, but you'd think the mom would have offered up a wipe that she was already pulling out of her purse.
    2. Middle shool kids - the new bane of my existence - on POTC banging those light-up drumsticks together during all the darker spots so as to ruin the effect. THey also were pointing at AAs comparing them to other party members. "That guy with all the pigs, that's 'Larry,'" while 'Larry' loudly protests that it's not. THey are also splashing, which forced the CM on the God-mike to yell.
    3. A couple all but fornicating in line in front of me in the line for Indy. I turned to my boyfriend and said loudly, "Gee I'm glad that you and I don't feel the need to mate publicly at Disneyland in front of all the youngins." The couple in front of us glared and went about their heavy petting, but the people all around us and them laughed, making it wourth my time.
    4. In line for screamin' and more middle school kids (I know that I was just as bad...I realize the error of my ways) pushing each other around and into other guest in line and yelling about Fastpass riders getting on first....

Althoguh I was annoying at least once. My friends and I once busted out "Yellow Submarine" as our people mover car passed over the subs. Not the whole song. Just the chorus. Many times. I realize now that we were being evil middle school kids. I apologize.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Oh whee to start with rude people. I have come to believe that while individual persons are okay, people as a whole are satan's mob. I have many stories of individual guests, but the best are:

1. In line at HM, there was a little girl (4 at the oldest) who looked...off. She had dropped her Minnie Mouse doll and I bent down to pick it up because mom was holding her and it was definitely easier for me. The girl just kind of stared blankly at me. Whatever, kids don't like strangers. But she didn't ever really stop staring at me with this dazed look. Fifteeen minutes later (Line was long b/c it was the holiday season), projectile vomit spews forth from this girl and hits both me and my cousin. The woman does not apologize, does not warn anyone else in line or a CM, but just leaves the line. I understand kids throw up, but you'd think the mom would have offered up a wipe that she was already pulling out of her purse.
    2. Middle shool kids - the new bane of my existence - on POTC banging those light-up drumsticks together during all the darker spots so as to ruin the effect. THey also were pointing at AAs comparing them to other party members. "That guy with all the pigs, that's 'Larry,'" while 'Larry' loudly protests that it's not. THey are also splashing, which forced the CM on the God-mike to yell.
    3. A couple all but fornicating in line in front of me in the line for Indy. I turned to my boyfriend and said loudly, "Gee I'm glad that you and I don't feel the need to mate publicly at Disneyland in front of all the youngins." The couple in front of us glared and went about their heavy petting, but the people all around us and them laughed, making it wourth my time.
    4. In line for screamin' and more middle school kids (I know that I was just as bad...I realize the error of my ways) pushing each other around and into other guest in line and yelling about Fastpass riders getting on first....

Althoguh I was annoying at least once. My friends and I once busted out "Yellow Submarine" as our people mover car passed over the subs. Not the whole song. Just the chorus. Many times. I realize now that we were being evil middle school kids. I apologize.
    What great stories! I am sure that I was just as irritating... I just don't remember it! To anyone I offended as a teenager, I apologize for being such a jerk. I am better now...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast