Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Early one day, when Indy was still in the first year of it's immense popularity, I was in the queue with my then-GF. The line had already stretched out of Adventureland and around to the gateway of Frontierland. There was an Indian family behind me, four - maybe five of them, and people were piling onto this line by the second.

A very fit, athletic black man and his son (perhaps 8 years old) had decided that it didn't matter how many had already gotten into the queue - he'd chosen his and his son's spot. He proceeds to slip in behind me and directly in front of the Indian family. I could see the rather perturbed look on their faces at being disregarded so blatantly. The man himself just went on about his day, looking around thru sunglasses as if this was just the norm.

Now, I did what in this day and age can be considered very stupid and dangerous - but I couldn't help myself. I decided to confront another human being. I think it was the fact that these Indians looked so intimidated by this event that set me off. I've always hated bullies...in all of their shapes and sizes. I'm also very impulsive....I don't always think before speaking or acting.

"The end of the line's back there," I advised the guy.

His response can't be repeated here without getting creative.

Well, the finer memories of the next few minutes have faded with the passing of time, but I do remember some things much clearer than others.

- The guy was about as fit as Wesly Snipes, and just as intimdating to look at.
    - He was ready and willing to fight me right then and there, and he let me know by shoving me several times.
    - Thinking that if I engaged him, I would surely lose. If I didn't end up in a hospital, the day would be over regardless knowing the park's policy about people fighting: You fight, You go.

As he continued to goad me, I kept my back to him and my body in between him and my GF (who was terrified at this point). I scanned about for a security officer, but of course, there was none to be found. There was no way I was going to leave this line and leaving my GF near this guy, and I wasn't about to send her off on some easter egg hunt either. Nor was I going to chased from this line. The best thing I could think of turned out to be a miserable failure of a move in retrospect.

A kid of about maybe 19 was watching the queue, and he was the closest thing to authority I could find in the immediate area. I told him of everything that had gone down, including the physical challenging. The guy was standing right there as I relayed the story, doing so not as angry guest, but being very, very sardonic about it. Well, I can't really blame this poor kid for being scared (and believe you me - he was), but I do wish he'd at least had a radio. His solution was to actually have the guy step out of line for a few seconds while others passed. I'm actually amazed this guy agreed to it, but I was equally amazed at the "solution" to this problem.

As we got further and further in line away from the guy, the Indian family behind me thanked me for speaking up. That almost calmed the Neil Peart drum solo my heart was doing. My GF hugged me and thanked me for not getting into what would have been a very bad beating, I'm sure. Well, with this guy being allowed back in line, we'd inevitably passed each other as the queue zigged and zagged.

"Happy now, **ss*?" he asked, actually bearing a toothy grin.

Not to be outdone (again without thinking), I returned the grin. "Yup. Thanks for asking!"

I then overheard him muttering to his eight year old son not to "grow up to be a **ss*. Suberb parenting there, Chief!

It was a weird sort of justice in that he was made to wait roughly the equivalent of people he'd cheated out of line, but in my head, he should have been booted the second he'd took physical action against another guest. Sure, I could have followed up on this by having one of the cast members call for an officer to meet us at the exit, but my GF was celebrating a birthday that day.

I just didn't have the heart to stir the waters any more than had been done. I wanted to salvage what was left.

I kicked that guy's *** several different times during the drive home in my imagination.
    Geez, I loved this story
    Way to hold on to your composure, Rex

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Geez, I loved this story
    Way to hold on to your composure, Rex
    Maintaining composure was just the smallest part of it. I truly was frightened of having my butt handed to me on a platter. I'm no fighter, I'm a lovah!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

• Senior Minion

Biggest Lie about Graffiti in a place that YOU DO NOT OWN, NAMELY DISNEYLAND!

Graffiti is not art if you are destroying someone else's property.

Graffiti can be done at home not on the waiting areas or boats or on the Hello Sticker name tags on the POTC boats I have seen on the back of the seat. (really hard to remove) Man this just angers me to no end!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I was at the Haunted Mansion last Friday and I was next to a couple in the stretching gallery and the girl was telling her boyfriend "you really don't remember this ride?" and the guy said "no, I don't think I've ever been in here" and it was extremely loud inside because of obnoxious guests. I figured that everybody would quiet down once Master Gracey began his spiel, but I should have known better.
    It seemed as if everybody got slightly LOUDER to speak OVER the narration. It was absolutely ridiculous. I didn't mind as much because I've been on the ride so many times, but I felt SO bad for the guy who I was near because he was looking around at the stretching portraits with a sense of confused wonder as if he were thinking "wow, this is amazing.. if only i could hear what was going on"

It's a shame people aren't considerate. This guys first time (or at least first MEMORY) at the Haunted Mansion was ruined because of loud, obnoxious day guests who shouldn't have even been at the ride if they weren't going to shut up at all.

It was even more annoying when the Hallway to Limbo was just as loud, if not louder than the stretching gallery because people talked even louder to drown out the lightning sound effects and the further narration by Gracey.

Sad.

That was going to be my Peeve right there I hate working mansion and hearing People Resite the ER Speil louder then the acual spei.l I mean there are some people who payed a lot of money to go to Disneyland and have never been before and are going on the mansion for the first time... I still dont understand why people think there soo cool resiting the Spiel out loud woop de do you have been on the Attraction alot thats nice but let the ones who havent been on before enjoy the show..

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

My mom and I had staked out a spot on the RoA for a summer Fantasmic show. During the pre-show, a rowdy group of high school boys thought it would be funny to harass the crowd around them. These boys, who had probably just learned Spanish at school, turned to people who looked Mexican and decided to put their fundamental conversational Spanish to use. They joked around, loudly asked them dumb questions and said nonsensical things... to very unamused park guests. They stood up and yelled some more, snickering as to what to say next.

I was probably middle school aged at the time, and I was really the sort of person that lets people walk all over them, but I knew that what these boys were doing wasn't right. Everyone else in the crowd was doing their best to ignore them because they didn't want to stand up to them. To add to that, these were very good seats that many had been waiting a long time for.

I turned to the jerks and said very sternly, "Silencio!"

...and I didn't hear another peep from any of them for the rest of the night.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by DisquietingMetamorphosis
    I turned to the jerks and said very sternly, "Silencio!"

...and I didn't hear another peep from any of them for the rest of the night.
    Muy bueno!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    - He was ready and willing to fight me right then and there, and he let me know by shoving me several times.
    - Thinking that if I engaged him, I would surely lose. If I didn't end up in a hospital, the day would be over regardless knowing the park's policy about people fighting: You fight, You go.
    Another thing to consider: Had you thrown the first punch, you could have been legally charged with assault (shoving doesn't count).

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    Another thing to consider: Had you thrown the first punch, you could have been legally charged with assault (shoving doesn't count).
    I dunno about you, but I wasn't about to throw a punch at Blade himself. I'm not joking....he really looked like him.

• Minion

You know I have been at the BB also when yellers have been on, (Not as awful as the story here) and I heard CM's over a loud speaker tell them to stop. The boats were halted also. after the loud boat exited, they sent everyone else around again. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm usually pretty tolerant when it comes to "Disney nerds" and the fans you see frequenting the park everytime your there. I guess I have to be seeing as how I'm posting here and have a PAP.

But anyway, on Sunday I was riding the train when a large older man in a dirty railroad engineer's cap with greasy matted hair sat in front of me. Also sitting by us was a group of asian tourists. Said APer proceeded to have a conversation with the tourists which I found rather cringe inducing. Maybe I just don't like people intruding on my day, but I felt kind of bad for the tourists to get stuck in a conversation like that.

I'm all for APs and I generally defend us, but sometimes I see the CMs point. As a whole, we are one scary bunch! Now, don't even get me started on the pin traders!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    You know I have been at the BB also when yellers have been on, (Not as awful as the story here) and I heard CM's over a loud speaker tell them to stop. The boats were halted also. after the loud boat exited, they sent everyone else around again. Has anyone else seen this?
    Thanks for the post and your experience with "Young Yellers" on POTC. I originated this thread but my tale happened probably 10 years ago. Glad to hear the CM's have more control over situations like that and are curbing such behavior. It was also a nice gesture to send the boatloads of other affected guests around again.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    ACLU baby! Freaking saintity of individualism cripples the ability of an instituation to do anything that singles anyone our for bad marks.

Used to be that "Gay Days" were unsupported by Disney because it intially seemed to fly in the face of the family values that Disney supports. After enough complaints and facing the fact that a large portion of male CMs are in fact themselves gay, Disney began support for the program.

It goes the same with all behavior, our letigious society has gone so far we are crippled by our own law system and we cannot refuse the right to refuse service anymore. Customer is always right. Its sick but if a guest pushes a CM that CM cannot defend him or herself legally. You must be made to suffer the insults and taunts of guests because that guest paid for admission an deserves the right to heckle you.
    I just want to see if I can get some clarification on this post, because I'm certain you didn't intend to imply that Gay Days was responsible for the rude behavior you experienced from a single rowdy bunch of young men and women. Obviously, many park visitors have experienced similarly rude behavior from young men and women on unGay Days at Disneyland and the implication that sexual orientation is a factor in appropriate behavior is irresponsible.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I have a serious problem with people walking in crowded areas of the park walking right into me ( or my daughter), or sometimes even pushing their strollers right into us. I'm the kind of person who will automatically say "Excuse me" or "Sorry" when bumped into, but it drives me crazy that people don't even acknowledge that they've done it! They just keep walking like we're invisible. What ever happened to common courtesy?

• Disneyland Fan

I have issues with people that just stop in the middle of the walkway for no apparent reason and then get upset when people crash into them. That is a big one. Another is the people who insist on talking through a ride to let their guests/companions know what is coming next or trying to throw in bits of trivia that is just plane wrong. That really irks me.

I once had the misfortune of being on Indy with a guy who video taped the whole thing with his camera light on. That was really annoying. Later that day we saw him on POTC and he was doing the same thing. A person who was sitting behind him (I am assuming he was just as peeved as I was) kept laughing and sneezing throughout the whole ride towards the direction of the camera. The guy finally got a clue and turned the light off and the other person miraculously stopped laughing and sneezing. Hmmmmm.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

This happened during our very first ride on ToT. After we were seated in our "elevator" the CM bellboy began his creepy/humorous spiel. One of the riders was a young man in his late teens accompanied by two girls the same age. After each statement made by the CM, this guy would shout a stupid question or make an inane comment. It went kind of like this:
    CM: Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
    Jerk: Thank you, John!
    CM: I hope you find your stay pleasant.
    Jerk: You didn't say that the last time, John.
    CM: (struggling to remain unperturbed) Have a good time.
    Jerk: That wasn't very funny, John.
    etc.etc
    I don't have the correct words but you get the idea. It seemed like this guy and his posse had been recirculating all day on this ride and harrassing the CMs over and over. What a waste of time.

Anyway...as soon as that thing dropped the first time, we pretty much forgot about him!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast