Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• That Guy

You guys are listing some great examples.

I really dislike when guests are super-rude to the CMs who are working hard to help us have a great day. How many times have you seen a rude guest treat a CM like a dog? I was once behind a rude, nasty guest and I told him to chill out, the CM didn't make the rules. This guy was a freak, but he turned around and all of a sudden he didn't want to lip off when his target could speak freely, unlike the CMs. After he left the line, the CM was cool, and I apologized that those kind of things could happen.

Re: DL Experience Soured By Other Guests

On one of our trips to DL we decided to eat at Redd Rockets and waited in line forever...so after we ordered i took my son and my niece to a table to sit cause it was packed inside. Then I left for 30 seconds to go get my daughter who was with my husband who was just about to get our food. When I got back to the table there was a large woman sitting there with my kids. I politely said that they were my kids, and we were planning on sitting there and she said "NO". I said "yes we were here first" and she said something I would not care to repeat...and said she "saw the table first"! What the I couldn't believe a grown woman was arguing over a table and stole it from 2 little kids!
    Shocked.. I found another table and we moved, but not before I told her my opinion of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    See my biggest problem was always ankle biters- small children, freakishly small hands. As I would dash to Fantasmic for crowd control, as a reasonable pace, some little knee popping sononvagun would dash below my 6ft radar and in order to avoid the munshkin, I did a cartwheel into a bush by the entrance to Frontierland-

Dang kids, what do they think this is Chucky Cheese? Rats and mice are not the same(this is where my sarcasim button on my keyboard would be just lovely)
    Your post made me LOL picturing you dive into a bush! I have three kids and I have had to dodge those little suckers when they come barreling down the hallway and have hurt myself several times so I feel your pain.

We have a rule that the kids have to either sit IN the stroller or keep one hand on it at all times. So far its worked and I have never hit anyone with my stroller (not even once!) and my kids haven't caused anyone to dive to avoid trampling them either. :o)

Once when my middle child was 4, we bought one of those wrist tethers so he wouldn't dodge between people in a crowd and some old lady walked up to me in front of Space Mountain while we were waiting for my husband and daughter to come out. She said, "That is disgusting! He is not a dog! How cruel." ??? All I could do was chuckle and say, "Yeah, he's at DISNEYLAND and I am SO cruel." (Granted they do resemble a dog leash but heck, I didnt want him getting lost, stepped on or causing someone to dive into a bush to avoid him!)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I have a serious problem with people walking in crowded areas of the park walking right into me ( or my daughter), or sometimes even pushing their strollers right into us. I'm the kind of person who will automatically say "Excuse me" or "Sorry" when bumped into, but it drives me crazy that people don't even acknowledge that they've done it! They just keep walking like we're invisible. What ever happened to common courtesy?
    People that walk right into my kids sends me over the edge with anger. I will say, "EXCUSE ME, you just hit my child" I dont get how someone could knock into a child and not apologize! Grrrr. My kids always say, "Excuse me" and apologize and they seem hurt when others do it and don't apologize.

Also, it is NOT hard to push a stroller around and not hit someone. I have NEVER hit anyone with my stroller, ever. I am starting to think these stroller nazis are hitting people on purpose! (BTW, I have been hit with them too, its like they are trying to shove you along and use that thing like a makeshift cattle runner!)

• THE DMCA STONER!

i WAS WAITNG TO GET ON THE TRAIN WITH MY KIDS AT MAIN STREET, WHEN MY SON PUSHED HIS SISTER INTO A LITTLE BOY WHO WAS CLIMBING ON THE GATE TYPE FENCE INSIDE THE STATION. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE KID FELL OFF AND GOT HURT (NOT SERIOUSLY) BUT ENOUGH FOR HIS MOM TO TELL ME TO GET CONTROL OF MY CHILDREN. WELL I TOLD HER THAT HER SON SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CLIMBING AROUND AND SHE GOT UP IN MY FACE AND CALLED MEEVERY NAME IN THE BOOK. EVEN CALLING MY SON(WHOS 6) A *******. ANYWAY I DIDN'T RETALIATE I JUST PACKED UP MY KIDS AND LEFT THE STATION. UPON LEAVING I WAIVED TO THE LADY AND SAID C U Next Tuesday! sHE LOOKED AT ME CONFUSED WHILE WE WALKED OFF.
    BOO!

• Banned User

Ok! This is going to be a long post but I have to tell it like it is! When I worked at Small World, I had encountered LOTS of bad eggs that came to the attraction:

A family that refused to ride with another group becuase they spoke a different language Can you say, RACISTS? (God help them)

Kids and idiots splashing water on themselves and the other guests. We punished them by making them dry the boat with towels and they had to whether the liked it or not! Also, they talked loudly, threw things and did others rotten things to spoil the fun. Where are the wire hangers when you need them?

When I was in the dispatch tower, I looked oevr to see a group of old goats protesting because they would be in the same boat as a gay couple. Simply because they looked different! GET OVER IT, PEOPLE!!!!

Now, when I visit DL, DCA or any theme park, I experience a lot that gets my blood boiling like flash pictures on dark attractions like Small World and Pirates.
    Rude remarks from other patrons
    IDIOTS THAT WALK IN FRONT OF MY CAMERA WHEN I AM FILMING PARADES AND SHOWS.
    IMMATURE AND CLULESS TEENAGERS
    ENBARASSING BEHAVIOR FROM GAY PATRONS (No offense but I must speak out as one that NEVER acts that way!)
    AND RUDE AND DUMB Cast Members, particularly those I worked with!

As far as bratty kids goes, I would punish them like Joan Crawford did to her kids and send them to boot camp or a boarding school run by nuns.

I have NEVER behaved like these people and never felt that I have to have special treatment! I treat everyone the way I want to be treated which is civol and kind. However, I will retaliate if anyone gets my goat! After reading all of these messages, I have experienced all of this in all my years going to Disneyland! Isn't it sad that we have spoil sports to ruin our Disney day?

• Koubu Pilot

Let's all remember that some, not all, people are stupid. Eventually, these jerks are going to say or do the wrong thing to the wrong people. They'll get theirs in the the end. Muggings, car accidents, pestrian hit and runs, keyed cars in Mickey and Friends, fire, impalings, homicide, bombings, itchy sheets, broken cameras, locusts, ingrown toenails, food that's been in contact with bodily fluids, all sorts of things can happen to that jerk when they leave the park at midnight and need to get back to their hotel room, get a bite to eat, or head to the airport. Justice.

I can't stand to see people behave in such a rude manner. Let's see...a jerk offends people around them. Let's see them act all tough and cool when a hundred people in line gang up on them on put them in their place.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Man just reading this thread is getting me all riled up! If I were a CM and had someone saying profane words or harassing others, I would try to kick them out of the park or atleast out of a ride/queue line.

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Quote Originally Posted by pirategirlscully
    Also, it is NOT hard to push a stroller around and not hit someone. I have NEVER hit anyone with my stroller, ever. I am starting to think these stroller nazis are hitting people on purpose! (BTW, I have been hit with them too, its like they are trying to shove you along and use that thing like a makeshift cattle runner!)
    I know this must happen all the time, but I was at the park on a Saturday or Sunday evening, and this woman with a stoller bunged me on the ankles from the side. Our eyes met eye as if there was a mutual acknowledgement. She backed up. And she jammed me again. It was like she was prodding me out of the way but there was nowhere for me to go!
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Disneyland Goober

I have many stories, but I'll share my most recent. My relatives and I went to go line up for fireworks early on main street. As we're waiting this extremely tall group went in front of us and not only am I very short, but these people were easily around 6ft if not taller. Then I turned around one second to talk to my aunt and when I turned back around this lady who was clearly taller than me somehow moved from next to me, to in front of me.

Then during the fireworks, this lady in the group next to us decides to shout out every ride the music is from. And once the Haunted Mansion part started she decided it would be really funny to shout out all the dialogue. My little cousin was finally awake to see the fireworksthis time, but unfortunetly her shouting was so loud he was distracted by her. I understand some people like to hum or sing along, but do you really need to shout...and recite the dialogue? That goes for the rides too (i.e. HM). Just had to get that out.

• Certified in everything

Not to long ago I was in DCA with my younger brother (9) who had been thinking about going on ToT for the first time, though he was scared. A little after 2 he finally decided that he would but only if he could buy the picture afterwards to remember it. While we stood on our numbered spots waiting to get on the ride a group of 6 teenagers who were all yelling. During the ride, not only did they yell through all of the narraration, but they decided to make certain gestures with their hands to the camera. Not only did my brother not know what was going on the entire ride but he did not get his picture. When we informed a cast member they were nice enough to let us back on the ride trough the fastpass line, but the kids had already ran away. We did get the picture, but I think his facial expression was different his second time. Anway he did not get his "true" first ride photo.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• :)

what do u mean by "who they let through the gates" ? like cast members or guests :P because I know their still very strict on the way the CM's appearance are :P

• Disney Nazi

Oh where do i begin , some bad experineces......

Parents who let their kids push the stroller which results in the stroller geting jammed into the back of your ankles.

Peple who insist on carrying huge backpacks in lines and belting you with it each tiem they pass. Dude here is a few bucks use a damn locker .

Guests abusing CM's for no reason especially whent he CM is trying to make things move more smoothly during the parade or in the queue for a ride.

Parents who push in front of adults who have been waiting patiently in line to have their kid get a photo with a character just because they have a child and Disney is all about the children, that really riles me.

In the line for the Matterhorn one night my boyfriend and I were patiently waiting holding hands, two people in front of us was this young couple and they were going for it, i mean he had her up against the fence and was pretty much humping her and to be honest it was making me sick let alone the families with young children. No one wants to see that.

On night in the Hub we were waiting for the fireworks and we were standing to the right in front of the churro stand , it was ten minutes before the show and the place was packed and there was no room to sit as we were squished like sadines and this one guy behind us decided to sit down and then for the entire run of the fireworks cursed and hurled abuse at us because we couldn' sit down so he could see better. Ruined the whole night . I was sooooooooooo angry !

The worst ever though was when parade of the stars was running and i was over with my boyfriend from Australia and it was his first time to the park and we were on the bus as it slowly wound its way down main street with the CM's who were collecting guests.

This group of 7 16 year old boys appears out of nowhere and surrounds the cute little female CM and begin taunting her and i mean not a few little jokes but laying into her about what they wanted to do to her sexually in the most explicit language and each time the bus moved they would jump on and off and it continue to taunt her.

And I am not saying she wasn't doing her upmost to bring some control to the situation but after a few minutes my boyfriend ( who luckily can look real mean when he wants to) had to get off the bus and help her out because there was no security and only one other female CM near by.

Afterwards the CM thanked us very much and after the parade we went to guest services to make a complaint against the kids and a compliment for the CM.

I will admit i have enjoyed some high jinks ( hell i still do) but even in highschool i would never have dreamed of behaving in such a manner and it has only been 10 years since i wa sin highschool.
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567