Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Changes to Luigi's Flying Tires

Disney already changing Cars Land ride | disney, balls, cars - Entertainment - The Orange County Register

Luigi's Flying Tires are going to be faster than before by removing the weight in the undercarriage of the vehicles that was going to be used for a joystick to control the vehicles.
    Please post your thoughts, but keep any debates that form civil please.
    Last edited by frollofan; 08-16-2012 at 10:56 AM.

• Minion

Re: Changes to Luigi's Flying Tires

How much faster could the tires be after this change? And what weight are they removing that isn't necessary for supporting the passengers?

It's too bad that they had to remove the spinning capability and control just because someone didn't get it. If you're smart enough to figure out how to move in the tire, I'm sure you could figure out how to use the joystick.

The 20lbs removed from the mechanism doesn't sound like it's going to make a huge difference.

And I still maintain that the slow load time is because of the stupid collecting the tiles thing, and not the beach balls!

• Minion

the mechanism that was going to be used for the joystick to control the vehicles, but now that they didn't go with that plan in the end, it is the unncessary weight that should be removed in order to make the tires increase speed. I provided a link to an OC register article to answer some of those questions.
    Last edited by frollofan; 08-16-2012 at 10:55 AM.

I'm all for making them faster!

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Banned User

I knew those balls couldn't be permanent. Glad to see they're making the appropriate tweaks to improve the attraction!

• I'm not really here

It will make a difference. Small amounts are removed from thousand pound cars with noticeable effects in bhp and handling improvements.

Look at it this way, that is 20lbs less of inertia you have to overcome to get the thing to move/stop.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

20 pounds is negligible in the overall weight of the tires. Passenger weights have more of an impact than that 20 lbs would provide.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Fooferah View Post
    It's too bad that they had to remove the spinning capability and control just because someone didn't get it. If you're smart enough to figure out how to move in the tire, I'm sure you could figure out how to use the joystick.
    Except the joystick just wasn't effective. Riders fixated on it, when all it really accomplished was a very gradual spinning motion. There was nothing to figure out, except that it was better to just ignore the joystick.

The 20lbs removed from the mechanism doesn't sound like it's going to make a huge difference.
    Time will tell. It certainly wont slow down the tires!

And I still maintain that the slow load time is because of the stupid collecting the tiles thing, and not the beach balls!
    It's not an either/or situation. Both slow down the process but the beach balls were a much bigger factor. And removing the 'tiles' would make it easier for CM's to accidentally skip tires during the restraint check, which is an unacceptable outcome for safety reasons.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I gota say I am really wanting to go on this one so I hope any changes aren't too grastic and leaving well enough alone. Beside it sounds like this one despite all of the concerns is really starting to catch on
    Dave

• Down Pluto!

I don't see how removing the joystick and the Beach balls is an improvement. Twenty pounds will not yield a faster loading time. However, if it's not needed and it's adds no thematic value - why keep it?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Sock Puppet

Removing the joystick infastructure? Why not just remove the entire attraction with it. I strongly believe that even with the changes Luigis will still lack the fun and excitment RSR and MJJ have provided guests. One day we will be saying "remember Luigis flying tires?"

Every little bit helps. Watching the tires the other day, experienced riders have no problems getting the tire to move all over the rink and at a pretty good speed.

Balls were nice to start but having them eliminated will help in the long run.
    The Mur

The most I can say that this gives me a slight incentive to wait in that murderous line again.

• Sock Puppet

Yes exactly, why remove 20 pounds from the tires when they're going to be sat on by a person 200+ pounds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast